• May 12th, 2006 2:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 16, 2005
228 posts
2 upvotes

Highschool/Uni Buisness

any highschool or university students have thier own buisness? and if you do is it going well? just asking to see if its worth getting into at a young age.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16145 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
If High School students had their mind on it, they have a great opportunity to run a small business.

Think about the market and all the money that's there ... if they have the right product or service, they could do well.
RedFlagDeals addict
[OP]
Oct 16, 2005
228 posts
2 upvotes
ye i want to start something but dont know what to start... i was thinking of something easier around the lines of an E-buisness but dont know what to sell specifically yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1108 posts
DaVibe wrote:If High School students had their mind on it, they have a great opportunity to run a small business.

Think about the market and all the money that's there ... if they have the right product or service, they could do well.
well duh... ;)

Coming from someone who has attempted to run a business (that was mildy successful), its a lot of hard work and really isnt as simple as some people might think.

Before you say: "hmm, i have a good idea, i'm gonna sell it", you need a plan for funding, marketing, and eventually, selling your product/service.

Depending on how much free time you have or the size of the project you want to undertake, its hard to say whether you should go ahead with it or not.

Thats all the advice i can give you unless you give me some more information.

I don't wanta jump the gun but what i get from your question is that you dont have a solid idea of what you wanta sell and, moreover, have no idea how to bring it to fruition.

Like i said, its really easy to say "hey, lets start a business", and trust me, everyone says that... it takes a lot more to make it work.

Good luck though and if you need any help, feel free to ask.

FYI, i'm currently studying Commerce at Queens and i have extensive experience with new businesses.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6783 posts
641 upvotes
TO
I've had my consulting business for about 7-8 years now....started back in HS in florida with my friends...now doing on my own in Toronto since I've moved (2004)....

It was very hard to start and since IT changes like every second.....have recently been certified by MicroSft.....
Dec 3, 2004
569 posts
7 upvotes
Whitby
A guy I went to school with, in the mid 70's, started a summer business painting houses. I beleive he called it Collegiate Painters. He did well enough to pay for his yearly tuition. I believe the idea caught on in several parts of the country.