Locked: Hijab-wearing girl attacked in Scarborough

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 10:49 am
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
804 posts
402 upvotes

Hijab-wearing girl attacked in Scarborough

Girl attacked on way to school by scissor-wielding man who cut her hijab. Interestingly, the quoted CTV article reads "male suspect attacked a Muslim girl".

Forgive my ignorance, but do any other religions, beside Muslim women, wear the hijab? If not, why does the article explicitly state that she is Muslim? Is that necessary? Also, this happened in Scarborough. If it happened in Etobicoke (i.e. Ford county) I would have understood. But Scarborough?
Share:
45 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3793 posts
509 upvotes
running with a scissors after 11 years old ? ... a kick in the groin would be a nice gift for him ...
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15905 posts
496 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Lol, do you even live in Toronto? Etobicoke is where Toronto's Somalian community is based out of. Just because Ford is from there doesn't make it "Alabama". It's more multicultural than Mississauga.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7494 posts
247 upvotes
The girl's religion is much more offensive to OP than the news about a grown man assaulting a child.

Ridiculous.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19305 posts
2814 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:22 am
Girl attacked on way to school by scissor-wielding man who cut her hijab. Interestingly, the quoted CTV article reads "male suspect attacked a Muslim girl".

Forgive my ignorance, but do any other religions, beside Muslim women, wear the hijab? If not, why does the article explicitly state that she is Muslim? Is that necessary? Also, this happened in Scarborough. If it happened in Etobicoke (i.e. Ford county) I would have understood. But Scarborough?
Why didn't you quote the whole paragraph? That way you didn't have to make it sound like you have an agenda.

This is what the first paragraph said:
Toronto police say a male suspect attacked a Muslim girl walking to school in Scarborough and allegedly cut her hijab with a pair of scissors.
You want people to forgive your ignorance, but you are not helping yourself. Or maybe you don't.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Jun 24, 2015
799 posts
71 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
maybe he was racist against arabs? if so, its a crime to be racist and he should be caught by the police, arrested, and locked up for 25 years
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8354 posts
3054 upvotes
Toronto
More like community service with our justice system.
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:26 pm
maybe he was racist against arabs? if so, its a crime to be racist and he should be caught by the police, arrested, and locked up for 25 years

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Dec 12, 2014
919 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:22 am

Sikh men wear turbans. If this was an attack on a Sikh man wearing a turban, headlines would read Sikh man and Sikh is a religion (followers of Sikhism). Why not mention religion when the attack was result of the 11 year old's religious garments?

Earlier reports thought it was 2 girls being attacked by the same guy but later it was found she was attacked TWICE in 10 minutes by this Asian guy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7040 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
shameful
Forgive my ignorance
no
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6177 posts
233 upvotes
They described the suspect as an Asian male in his 20s with a medium build. He is between five-feet-eight to six-feet-tall.

He has black hair and a moustache. He was last seen wearing glasses, a black hoodie and black pants.
Hopefully the idiot is caught and faces significant punishment.
Jun 24, 2015
799 posts
71 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
knowing him he might shave his moustache off and colour his hair a different colour and get rid of his glasses and change his clothes
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1938 posts
100 upvotes
i live close to there, hope I see this guy around. just pathetic
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
17040 posts
1830 upvotes
Montreal
Wilmega wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:50 pm
Make sure you carry bigger scissors:
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1938 posts
100 upvotes
^^ rock beats scissors Smiling Face With Sunglasses
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
7973 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
Wilmega wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:50 pm
Surely he shouldn't be hard to find.

Asian male in his 20s with a medium build. He is between five-feet-eight to six-feet-tall.