• Jan 13th, 2018 10:49 am
Penalty Box
May 12, 2011
3025 posts
300 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:39 pm
Toronto girl Khawlah Noman says she's "scared" following an attack in which a man tried to cut off her hijab with scissors. At a press conference, Noman said the man created a large gash in her hijab.

Why is the mother covering her face? You shouldn’t be able to cover your face
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30654 posts
7555 upvotes
GTHA
FreshCo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:01 pm
Any proof this happened? Its amazing how this makes national headlines, with the Prime Minister commenting on it, but things like murder at times barely make local news.
Mayor, Premier, and Opposition Leader also commented

Toronto Mayor John Tory also expressed his shock with what he called an “act of hatred.”

“No child should ever be afraid walking to school in Toronto because of what they are wearing or for any other reason,” he said in a statement. “I join with all Toronto residents in standing up to such an act of hatred. Intolerance and hate of any kind, including islamophobia, has no place in our city, our province, or our country."

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer called the attack “despicable,” telling reporters in Mississauga, Ont., that it “has no place in Canadian society.”

“I certainly hope that the Toronto Police Services are able to track down the person who committed this violent act and my thoughts and prayers are with the family,” Scheer said.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne called the attack “a cowardly act of hatred.”

“This does not represent who we are,” the premier added in a statement posted to Twitter. “We must stand firm in our support of this young girl who was assaulted simply for wearing a hijab,” she added.

from https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-s ... -1.3756771
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4342 posts
666 upvotes
Aurora
This makes me very angry. Any man who would attack an 11 year old girl, with scissors no less, deserves to be dealt appropriate justice with extreme prejudice. I don't care what the scumbag thought the girl represented or how she wronged him. It's a goddamned child.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19976 posts
131869 upvotes
GTA
Sharks316 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:19 pm
Why is the mother covering her face? You shouldn’t be able to cover your face
Whether she is wearing a niqab (full covering) or just pulled a hijab further up to cover her face, that is not illegal in Ontario AFAIK. Shouldn't be any issue with that either way though. If the guy was bold enough to go after the girl twice, I can't blame the mother if she doesn't want to show her face out of fear.
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2017
319 posts
58 upvotes
honestly who cares. 1 person died in toronto today. that should be in the headlines. the only reason this made headlines is the muslim part. media just loves it.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jan 12th, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foul language
Justin Trudeau - bankrupting Canada since 2015. And M103 my ass.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1660 posts
75 upvotes
I'm interested in seeing how "Asian" this alleged attacker turns out to be.
I wonder if they are using the same definition of Asian that the British police use when describing the Pakistani grooming gangs.

Did anyone witness this attack?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2099 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe the guy who did this was mentally ill. Lets wait for the facts to come out.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
I am sorry but this story makes no sense.

Officers describe
-Suspect is: Asian, 20's, medium build, 5'8-6'0, black hair
-Moustache, glasses, black hoodie, black pants

Comes up behind the girl and her brother
Runs off when girl screams
Then comes back a second time to attack again.

All just steps from school
with group of people on the other side of the street.
No other witnesses but her brother.

From a few sources

she felt something and turned around to see a man trying to cut her hijab with a pair of scissors. She screamed and ran away, but the man returned less than 10 minutes later and tried to cut it once again.

the girl then crossed the street and rejoined the group and, about 10 minutes later, she noticed the man cutting at her hijab again.

He continued cutting my hijab again. He was smiling.

when the girl turned to confront him again, he ran away.

The man used scissors with a blue handle, and was wearing brown gloves,
- her hijab had several cuts to it
or
- the light blue hijab she wore to school now had a large cut in it, approximately 30 cm long.

man has been reported as having a pair of scissors considered a weapon,
Why would a guy be running around with scissors as opposed to a knife?

"What you’re doing is very wrong, you should stop doing this. I’m a kid,” the girl said to her attacker.

Odd
Last edited by elcheapoh on Jan 12th, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4140 posts
582 upvotes
elcheapoh wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:19 pm

Officers describe

Comes up behind the girl and her brother
Runs off when girl screams
Then comes back a second time to attack again.

All just steps from school
with group of people on the other side of the street.
No other witnesses but her brother.

Why would a guy be running around with scissors as opposed to a knife?

Odd
agree ...
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
3234 posts
2185 upvotes
Burnaby
So many things absurdly wrong with the opening post, some of the replies and even the alleged incident itself (it's so weird to be real and not a hoax but after watching and hearing Mark Phillips hatred motivated assault on video...)

On the bright side, women's red Alpinetek parka spotted... the girl's mother must be a red flag deals member.
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
"He came again. He continued cutting my hijab again. He was smiling.”

"But a short time later, the man approached her from behind again and started cutting her hijab once more, she said. Khawlah said she turned around to confront him, but he smiled and ran off again."

The young Asian male must have special ninja training for silent mode advance from behind to be able to sneak up on her again and she only noticed he was there when he was cutting her hijab a second time.

Also
"Mohammed didn’t make the light in time to safely cross, so his sister waited for him while the group moved on. He said he watched as his sister’s attacker again approached her, scissors in hand. "

So the brother was on one side of the street and sister on the other side and the brother did not see the Asian ninja dude come to attack his sister a second time and he did not yell to his sister to run. The girl only noticed the Asian ninja when he had already started cutting her hijab again.

Something is odd
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1604 posts
210 upvotes
Markham
Oh I see the wolves have been released and are snarling and circling around OP for his post. Half you guys are pathetic agitators with a hidden agenda with no value added. Hang tight OP, it will all be over soon, once one of these ignoramuses once again crosses the line and the thread gets shut down.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18532 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
elcheapoh wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:19 pm

Officers describe

6ft tall Asian with facial hair? Clearly a fabrications Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8446 posts
761 upvotes
If there was an agenda, she would have said the man was white...
Aug 31, 2017
649 posts
151 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 8:56 am
If there was an agenda, she would have said the man was white...
Could still be white, mixed Asian, with predominantly Asian features