• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2014 11:23 pm
Jan 4, 2006
87 posts
100 upvotes
Vaughan

Hilton Honors INSTANT GOLD promotion is back for Visa Infinite Card Holders

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpa ... egold.aspx

For those who have the Visa infinite card and do not have Hilton HHonors account can sign-up for the program as well.

TD Canada Trust offers FREE Visa Infinite Card with Select Service Account (min balance of $5000). Obviously only to those who qualify :)

My Visa Infinite card did not work online so I called 1-800-hhonors can they signed me up in a minute. Try it out!

Update: 5 pm: Looks like as other members said, it is only promotion for Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa. See post #14 for details. On their website the Terms and Conditions are mentioned as follows so I don't know if it works for everyone. I tried and it worked for me, no questions asked. The lady did asked me about the code and I said it is not listed on the website. she came back in 2 minutes with the news that she has applied the promo to my account and my status is now GOLD. So YMMV, worth giving a try at least.

VISA Infinite Instant Gold Terms & Conditions
Offer available only to valid Visa Infinite cardholders and is not transferable. Hilton HHonors Member must register by 31 May 2013 with their valid Visa Infinite card at www.HHonors.com/VisaInfinite . Hilton HHonors Members with Blue or Silver status will receive HHonors Gold Elite status at the time of registration valid for one year. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold Elite status. Full details of HHonors Gold Elite Membership will be mailed to Member upon registration, or are available here. HHonors Gold Elite benefits are subject to availability and may vary at each hotel. By completing four qualifying stays at any participating hotel and resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by 31 May 2012 and paying with their Visa Infinite card, all registered HHonors Members will also earn a one-time additional bonus of 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification. Please allow 6-8 weeks from completion of promotion period for Bonus Points to appear in HHonors account. This offer may be terminated without notice.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
3537 posts
231 upvotes
Scarborough
How long does this last? I signed up last year and it's good till March 2014.

I tried putting in my # and got invalid #. Not going to bother calling in if it doesn't past 2014
May 2, 2006
42 posts
5 upvotes
The gold membership only lasts for 1 year if you register now
Nov 3, 2011
250 posts
32 upvotes
actng wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 12:17 pm
wow this is a really smart way to collect credit card numbers!
I was about to say the samething.
May 29, 2011
148 posts
81 upvotes
North York
actng wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 12:17 pm
wow this is a really smart way to collect credit card numbers!
It's somewhat worrying that they're asking you to enter the full 16 digits of your VISA on a non-secure (non HTTPS) page.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2006
87 posts
100 upvotes
Vaughan
They did not ask me the CC number when I called. Even if they ask they will not ask for CVV number. Looks like you don't do any online shopping.
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14252 posts
580 upvotes
Scarborough
ARP511 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 12:30 pm
They did not ask me the CC number when I called. Even if they ask they will not ask for CVV number. Looks like you don't do any online shopping.
Looks like you have no idea what phishing sites are and how this looks just like a phishing site.
Or how entering a cc number on a random webpage that doesn't link back to the main site is poor practice?
or how you can't find this webpage from the main website?
or how thieves don't need your CVV2 number , all they need is the account number?

Why are you so defensive anyways?
MOONBOX M3S:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread

ONE PLUS 3 GRAPHITE VERSION $650 obo

Apr 26, 2012
271 posts
180 upvotes
TORONTO
ARP511 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 12:00 pm
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpa ... egold.aspx

For those who have the Visa infinite card and do not have Hilton HHonors account can sign-up for the program as well.

TD Canada Trust offers FREE Visa Infinite Card with Select Service Account (min balance of $5000). Obviously only to those who qualify :)

My Visa Infinite card did not work online so I called 1-800-hhonors can they signed me up in a minute. Try it out!
I called in they wanted a promo code... is there one,I tried looking
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3886 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad the value of their points program depreciated.
Let's Get You Married™
Dec 8, 2008
144 posts
42 upvotes
Where did this Link come from? I called Hilton and they said on there screens THIS PROMO is only for ASIA and Europe and not for Canada ....but they signed me up for the "Blue" level (entry)
Not happy about this as I was going to surprise the wife with a Room Upgrade.......so much for wasting my time!!!! FYI - the CSR agent talked to her supervisor and found nothing about the above - so she tried..... if ARP511 can explain where he got the link from (email from bank???) this would be helpful
May 2, 2006
42 posts
5 upvotes
The link is https so you should be ok. Worst case...you cancel your card and get a new one.

Can they use your card number without the expiry date?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2002
1422 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I got the link back in December via a Google search.

I called in to complain my card wasn't working and they gave me the promotion.

I don't think I should call in again to try and get it extended if the promo is not supposed to apply to Canada.
Dec 12, 2005
572 posts
3 upvotes
FYI -in the FAQ of the site states:

Who is eligible to participate in this promotion?

This offer is open to selected Visa Infinite cardholders residing within Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa and who are enrolled in Hilton HHonors and register for the promotion.

*Asia Pacific denotes Australia, Hong Kong, China, Korea Singapore, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and Philippines
:)
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3886 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
If you have a Founders Card you can get upgraded to Gold immediately.
Let's Get You Married™
× < >