Careers

Locked: A history major is the boss of all fed IT workers?

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2018 12:57 am
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
449 posts
45 upvotes

A history major is the boss of all fed IT workers?

After listening to his speech in a packed hall, I checked out his Linkedin profile....and I am floored. This person has never had an education in IT and yet he is the boss of all IT workers in the fed. and WTH, this guys is only 36???

A while ago, I saw in this forum someone said it's hard for someone in his/her 30's to be a CS03/04 in the government?

I saw in my ethnic forum, some PHDs in computer science are trying to get into fed and willing to start at CS01. and comparing with my life...I don't know what to think and feel...

sigh...life...
Share:
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
1559 posts
1087 upvotes
Gates, Zuckerberg and many other successful tech entrepreneurs are school dropouts. Zuckerberg is only 34. Sure govt is different but having a young mind perhaps a bit more risk taking is what is needed to take feds out of stone age?
Jul 17, 2010
227 posts
194 upvotes
Well, he has team of PHDs to do the tech work for him.
Dec 11, 2013
338 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Credentials do not equal ability. Two years of extensive basketball training does not make you Lebron.

Don't assume he doesn't deserve it just because he doesn't have the papers.
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
663 upvotes
1000islands wrote:
May 24th, 2018 10:03 pm
After listening to his speech in a packed hall, I checked out his Linkedin profile....and I am floored. This person has never had an education in IT and yet he is the boss of all IT workers in the fed. and WTH, this guys is only 36???

A while ago, I saw in this forum someone said it's hard for someone in his/her 30's to be a CS03/04 in the government?

I saw in my ethnic forum, some PHDs in computer science are trying to get into fed and willing to start at CS01. and comparing with my life...I don't know what to think and feel...

sigh...life...
Why does he need IT education? He's in leadership position, not a front line tech worker

Ever see board of directors or CEO in private companies? They don't have education background in their sector

Leadership and vision trenscend education background for executive

No wonder you are doing so poorly careerwise from your posts on here.. you don't have a clue about actual working world
May 28, 2012
10186 posts
2343 upvotes
Saskatoon
This thread is low content and does not belong in the Careers forum.