• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2015 8:49 pm
Tags:
Sep 19, 2004
468 posts
122 upvotes
allenjilin wrote:
Dec 15th, 2015 7:30 pm
I didn't get a copy of the pictures took at the reporting centre, but the guy who took the picture also said it's not concrete.
so when you found your car was "hit", you didn't take pictures. Instead, you went to collision centre and let the staffs took pictures?

Now it has been 5 days since the accident, you still won't post pictures here.

sound suspicious to me
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1804 posts
139 upvotes
North York
sunvv wrote:
Dec 16th, 2015 4:48 pm
so when you found your car was "hit", you didn't take pictures. Instead, you went to collision centre and let the staffs took pictures?

sound suspicious to me
I didn't think any pictures took by my cellphone at 8pm in a parking lot have more credibility than the pictures took by the collision centre staff. I didn't even think anyone will have a different opinion about what happened at the time especially I believe there are cameras in the parking lot at least from the bank which just across the parking lot (I did state that in the report and asked the officers to have someone look into it). I would just take some pictures for you if it's still in my garage, but it's now sitting in a body shop and they also took pictures of the damage by the way.
Jun 17, 2013
790 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to hear about the hit and run. I hope you find out who did it. It's too bad the cops weren't helpful to you and were rude. Not surprising though. Since they aren't much help it might be up to you to try and get some security camera footage to show your insurance company. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4395 posts
992 upvotes
GTEH!
sunvv wrote:
Dec 16th, 2015 4:48 pm

sound suspicious to me
+1. In this day & age, most people have cell phones. So most people would take pictures or videos on them.
A little surprised you didn't do either, pictures or video, just for your records.
Live & learn.
😎
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1804 posts
139 upvotes
North York
Webhead wrote:
Dec 17th, 2015 12:54 pm
+1. In this day & age, most people have cell phones. So most people would take pictures or videos on them.
A little surprised you didn't do either, pictures or video, just for your records.
Live & learn.
Police officers exam the damage in person, appraisers from insurance company exam the damage in person and pictures were took by CRC, body shop and appraiser. Who's going to trust my cellphone pictures than theirs? Should I take pictures for my friends on Internet before report to police and insurance company? I guess I should.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3302 posts
533 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
allenjilin wrote:
Dec 15th, 2015 7:37 pm
Why it's not the police's responsibility to investigate, hit and run is a criminal code . It's a lot easier for them to get the videos if it's recorded by any stores.
:lol: You must be new to the whole way police work. Cops do the absolute barest of minimums to get by and collect their cheques. They will NOT investigate something like this unless it was an personal injury incident. They simply do not care. Source: I know 3 different cops, one being a decent ranking OPP officer who has officers under his command.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Banned
Dec 9, 2015
136 posts
33 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
willdacanucker wrote:
Dec 18th, 2015 1:32 pm
:lol: You must be new to the whole way police work. Cops do the absolute barest of minimums to get by and collect their cheques. They will NOT investigate something like this unless it was an personal injury incident. They simply do not care. Source: I know 3 different cops, one being a decent ranking OPP officer who has officers under his command.
Again as I said on last page, the CRC ppl have zero skill or knowledge of bodywork or auto repair. Guarantee you they didn't go to school for that. They went to college or University for an arts degree.