• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2013 3:50 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2007
121 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto

[Chapters Indigo] HMDX Jam Bluetooth Speaker

If you are looking for a simple, but stylish bluetooth speaker, you might want to consider the HMDX Jam by Homedics (yes, the same company that makes all of those massagers). It is well reviewed on YouTube and on several sites on the net (just Google it), though it doesn't hold a candle to my Jambox.

Bed Bath & Beyond sells them for $49.99, but will price match the sale price at Indigo.ca at $31.99, plus take another 20% off with the coupon found on the back of their flyers which can be found throughout the store, and they are dog-friendly to boot. Amazing! :D

These guys want our business and are willing to be competitive, so they definitely will have a repeat customer with me (and my dog).

26 replies
Sep 11, 2012
57 posts
6 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Nice price!
I have one and it works suprisingly good for it's size! The included usb charging cable is short (6" or so), but it pairs easily and is quite portable.
Dec 2, 2008
249 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
I'm going in tomorrow to take advantage of this deal! I tried one at my university bookstore and was blown away by the sound quality. It was $45 there, but for around 30 bucks, I'm game! Thanks, Inspector Gadget!
:cheesygri
Jul 26, 2008
255 posts
14 upvotes
I have one too sounds awesome gets quite loud, very good buy
[OP]
Dec 25, 2007
121 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Cadillax wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 1:29 am
I'm going in tomorrow to take advantage of this deal! I tried one at my university bookstore and was blown away by the sound quality. It was $45 there, but for around 30 bucks, I'm game! Thanks, Inspector Gadget!
The price came to below $26 after PM and BB&B's 20% coupon. I suggest you go to the Indigo site on your mobile phone immediately and save your search result with the discounted price displayed on the page. I have posted deals by Indigo recently that have proven to be short-lived.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/sear ... ageSize=12
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1856 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
It's 20% off one item only but I don't see why you couldn't use multiple email addresses...

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/Circular ... e=DecCirc& (see last page)

Web link for signup:
http://app.bedbathandbeyond.ca/prefs_ca ... =headers&?

Just called them and they told me that they would only do 5 per person as the manage said that at the Train Yard in Ottawa. I will get the rest at another location...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1856 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
Does Bed Bath & Beyond price match?

Do you price match items I find advertised for less at another website/retail store?

We will gladly match our direct competitors' price on identical items.

These orders cannot be processed on our website. Please call us at 1-800-462-3966 so that a Customer Service Representative can assist you. Exceptions may apply. Please see store or call for details.

http://bedbathandbeyondca.custhelp.com/ ... dDV1ZWw%3D
cutesnoopydoll wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 9:34 am
BB&B can price match?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2249 posts
500 upvotes
West
Price-matched one at Bed Bath& Beyond for $31.99.....They WOULD NOT let me use the 20% off one item coupon with it though, they said you cannot use coupons with price matching, it's one or the other....I was pretty pissed, should've just bought one at Chapters, they had em in stock. So, ur pretty lucky if they let you do both.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1856 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
YMMV They wouldn't let me use the 20% off and price match at first. The district manager just happen to be at the store so I talked to the store manager and the district manager and explained that it doesn't say anywhere on the coupon that it can't be used with their price match guarantee and the price guarantee doesn't say it can't be used with anything else. They said it was the store policy so I asked them to show me the store policy - they couldn't... I also told them they couldn't enforce the 5 unit limit and I was working with them and only buying 5... We debated it for about 5 minutes and they finally offered to just do a price override and give them to me for $24.99 instead of price matching and giving me the 20% off. They said that they would make an exception this one time only. It turned out they couldn't add and gave me them cheaper than if they would have done that. They never used the coupons that I printed from my email addresses. I informed them when I left that they need to create a policy as such if they want to enforce it and can't just claim something.

So then I drove to another location and bought 4 more and went to the cash and went through the whole thing again. I then noticed a sign that said they honour competitors coupons and said "you aren't even honouring your own..." The manager was on the phone with the district manager for quite some time and agreed to make an exception. The store manager questioned whether I just copied the email coupons and didn't believe me I had 4 email addresses (I actually have over 10 now...) I informed him that the UPC code was different on each one if he looked. He didn't even use the coupons and gave them to me for $25.59. I bought a total of 9 today...

Now I have great stocking stuffers - Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Banned
Dec 8, 2012
212 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Price at Indigo online is now $40
Apr 3, 2007
999 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
Ustasa wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:09 pm
Price at Indigo online is now $40
Check again. Blue one is $39.99 but other colors still $31.99
Hate you RFD, curse you OP, damn you local Chapters for having stock ended up grabbing a apple green one today.
Listening to it now. Impressed, paired easily with my S3, charges quickly, looks and feels well made, very clear sound on low and mid volume, fills my smallish bedroom easily.
Nov 26, 2007
62 posts
Winnipeg
FYI I paid $29.99 at Future Shop. Had a box of them on the counter at the checkout.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone tried it?

Most bluetooth speakers are very lousy and have a crappy bass.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7311 posts
662 upvotes
which location?
knievel wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:00 am
FYI I paid $29.99 at Future Shop. Had a box of them on the counter at the checkout.
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
× < >