Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HMV

HMV: (YMMV) Wii game Rayman raving rabbids 2 for $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2009 1:09 pm
Tags:
None
May 19, 2007
121 posts
3 upvotes

[HMV] HMV: (YMMV) Wii game Rayman raving rabbids 2 for $9.99

I went to local HMV today and there was Rayman raving rabbids 2 for $9.99 in clearance bin. I don't know if other stores have the same price or not. I think it's pretty descent price for the game. It was Victoria mayfair HMV and there was about 5 of them left in the bin.

EDIT: website has the price for $9.99.
http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displa ... ku=1212990
41 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
RR1 was better than RR2, but for $10, that makes it a good deal. Several months back, TRU blew out their remaining RR1 for $10 too!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9536 posts
3185 upvotes
I just tried to get a game form their bin with a 9.99 sticker...and it scanned at 34.99, and they refused to sell it for 9.99, Cashier wanted to, but supervisor said she couldn't override for that much. Idiots.
May 19, 2007
121 posts
3 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: I just tried to get a game form their bin with a 9.99 sticker...and it scanned at 34.99, and they refused to sell it for 9.99, Cashier wanted to, but supervisor said she couldn't override for that much. Idiots.
Just let you know, the website has the price for $9.99 as well. I guess you could bring the printed webpage to the store if you really want the game. Anyways, here is the link.

http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displa ... ku=1212990
Nov 18, 2006
578 posts
1921 upvotes
O damn... I read this thread too late! My HMV will be closed till morning of 26th now...
I've bought RRR1 and it was pretty good so for $10, I'd definitely get RRR2 for sure!!
Anyone else out there been able to confirm this price at their local HMV????
zoro69 wrote: I just tried to get a game form their bin with a 9.99 sticker...and it scanned at 34.99, and they refused to sell it for 9.99, Cashier wanted to, but supervisor said she couldn't override for that much. Idiots.
Hey, they should have internet at their store, or at least be able to check their own website www.hmv.ca from their store. If anyone else has this problem, just tell them to go look on their own website!!! (and they CAN'T say the ol' "That's an online promotion only" argument BECAUSE HMV CANADA NO LONGER SELLS ONLINE!!!!)
....idiots is right!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
um... what? she's a supervisor and she couldn't override that, while the cashier can?

more like she was reluctant to
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
mahjongmaniac wrote: um... what? she's a supervisor and she couldn't override that, while the cashier can?

more like she was reluctant to
These days, each store (and manager) is also rated on their store margins. Selling stuff on discount (or clearance) is good for volume, but hurts margins.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Couldn't you have gotten it for free under SCOP (presuming they participate)?
Nov 18, 2006
578 posts
1921 upvotes
Couldn't find RRR2 at Lethbridge HMB... :( Would have been a good deal...
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2007
1779 posts
2878 upvotes
Found both Rayman and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 in the Value Bin at Walmart Square One this morning. Regular price $18.93 and 50% off so they were $9.47 each. :D
Apr 8, 2007
600 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks to this thread, I got my copy of Rayman Rabbids 2 today at HMV. Was a bit hard to find it though. On the floor upside down in the corner of the store. Musta been a mini miracle that I located that copy by myself. Think I probably got the last one. Played it tonight, lots of fun for a $10 game. The rabbids are so hilarious!
Dec 7, 2004
151 posts
10 upvotes
Just came back from the heartland (mississauga, ON) HMV location - they have about 5 copies left of the game.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
wiigal wrote: Thanks to this thread, I got my copy of Rayman Rabbids 2 today at HMV. Was a bit hard to find it though. On the floor upside down in the corner of the store. Musta been a mini miracle that I located that copy by myself. Think I probably got the last one. Played it tonight, lots of fun for a $10 game. The rabbids are so hilarious!
Where did you get your copy? Metrotown?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2464 posts
70 upvotes
I saw this at the HMV Vaughan Mills location today for $9.99. If I didn't have it already I would've bought it. And I liked RRR2 better than the original.
Dec 10, 2007
380 posts
129 upvotes
Erin Mills Town Centre had it for $10. Picked up a copy for the wife. Sales rep had to go to the back for it and said she would be buying a copy at the end of her shift. I noticed she did not bring any other copies out, so she may have been saving the last copy for herself...
Apr 15, 2004
835 posts
329 upvotes
Thanks, OP. Picked one up on boxing day, and because I was there when they opened I managed to grab a Wii Fit too! :lol:
Feb 24, 2007
662 posts
Markham
:cry:
picked it up for 20$@ 2/40 rogers. sigh ._.;
Dec 16, 2006
4 posts
Toronto
Thanks OP! I PM it at BB today. They called hmv to verify price and I got it for $7.99.

I just recently bought the wii, so my boyfriend got me RR1 for the holidays at staples. He too got it for $9.99. Both of these games are a great gift for me! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)