Tags:
[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
143 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville

Hobby ideas in a condo

Hi

I live in a one bed one den condo and want to do a hobby but I don't know what are the good hobbies to do that aren't loud to annoy the neighbours

Got any suggestions?
35 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17568 posts
2847 upvotes
Thornhill
Do you want a hobby that only requires yourself, or as a group/couple?

What are your current/past hobbies?

Cheers
[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
143 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville
coriolis wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 8:46 am
Do you want a hobby that only requires yourself, or as a group/couple?

What are your current/past hobbies?

Cheers
Myself

I never really have a hobby ... like watching tv and video games if those are classified as hobbies...I want something better to do
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2953 posts
165 upvotes
If you have some room then do puzzles, they're fun to do and can really eat up time.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Oct 20, 2011
853 posts
251 upvotes
Mississauga
How about taking up a musical instrument, there are some that don't make a lot of noise.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
2220 posts
447 upvotes
Collecting... displaying and arranging... trophy hunting... organizing.... and all that stuff!!

you can incorporate your collecting into decorating for your condo, or keep your collecting under wraps

stamps, coins, vintage video games, vintage gaming consoles, vintage cameras, glass and ceramic insulators from old power lines, railway artefacts, model railway equipment, antique or vintage model railway toys, diecast or metal toys, posters and paraphenelia of tv shows and movies you have enjoyed... the list is endless

The advantage to 'collecting' as a hobby is it encompasses so much more than most people think... You get into research, learning about the subject matter, travel and tripping as you acquire items for your collection, planning, logistics, organization, and display.

Currently I collect antique cameras, as well as victorian household items and such, so have a fun time on occasion going to auctions, and visiting antique stores in my travels.

many people take an interest in particular favorite tv shows, series, or movies, and turn that interest into an interest in collecting stuff related to it.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
3879 posts
272 upvotes
Calgary
Silk worm farming.

What a stupid post.
Mar 18, 2015
112 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Try photography.
Have some stalker lenses and a tripod in your balcony/window for your neighbors to see.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
143 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville
boonjaca wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:33 am
If you have some room then do puzzles, they're fun to do and can really eat up time.
Puzzle are interesting but it a bit of a one time thing... I know I don't want to do the same puzzle again
smartie wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:49 am
Reading
Kind of already been reading .. it just not making it consistent ... currently reading Michael Connelly
fieldhousehandyman wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:33 am
Collecting... displaying and arranging... trophy hunting... organizing.... and all that stuff!!

you can incorporate your collecting into decorating for your condo, or keep your collecting under wraps

stamps, coins, vintage video games, vintage gaming consoles, vintage cameras, glass and ceramic insulators from old power lines, railway artefacts, model railway equipment, antique or vintage model railway toys, diecast or metal toys, posters and paraphenelia of tv shows and movies you have enjoyed... the list is endless

The advantage to 'collecting' as a hobby is it encompasses so much more than most people think... You get into research, learning about the subject matter, travel and tripping as you acquire items for your collection, planning, logistics, organization, and display.

Currently I collect antique cameras, as well as victorian household items and such, so have a fun time on occasion going to auctions, and visiting antique stores in my travels.

many people take an interest in particular favorite tv shows, series, or movies, and turn that interest into an interest in collecting stuff related to it.
i can't imagine displaying coins or stamps that look good as decor in my condo. I actually have an old camera of my dad's, it a Russian made camera called fed-5 35mm film camera

I have seen crazy collection on the net like Star Wars of course :P or batman that just overwhelmed the house with so much stuffs ... I remember someone actually made bat cave.. that is some next level stuffs
[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
143 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville
Cough wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:49 am
Silk worm farming.

What a stupid post.
Uhh gross lol
restie wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 12:14 pm
Try photography.
Have some stalker lenses and a tripod in your balcony/window for your neighbors to see.
I actually thought of photography ... I can change photos with something new every once in a while ... like a gallery
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14721 posts
1012 upvotes
Thornhill
Learning about health and fitness, and going to the gym. That'll give you enough to do for the next decade :)

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
1261 posts
272 upvotes
Paris
This will keep you going the rest of your life and requires a small desk, exacto knife and some varnish for finishing. People literally take their whole lives to get excellent at it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquetry
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel