Jan 15, 2004
5150 posts
342 upvotes
Why is this in housing forum?
Mar 6, 2017
28 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pyrography, a.k.a. wood burning and/or turning small items like pens from wood. Both are affordable, quiet and take very little space, You can relax, create beautiful objects and if you are good you can even sell them:)

See what you can achieve with practice:
http://www.suewalters.com/

And this:
https://www.pinterest.com/explore/pen-turning/

There is lots of good info on these two everywhere and your public library probably has some good books or videos as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4433 posts
752 upvotes
Markham
Music - digital piano with headphones
cooking - maybe focus on one thing eg. ramen entirely from scratch, pizza, charcuterie, breads
colour by number
bird watching

Why limit yourself to the condo...go outside and enjoy the fresh air. Take up a sport, or go hiking or go kayaking or go stand up paddling or canoeing, frisbee golf, ultimate frisbee, golf, geocaching....

Go onto Meetup,com and look at the different things you can do.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1144 posts
270 upvotes
toshibaaa wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 1:11 pm
Kind of already been reading .. it just not making it consistent ... currently reading Michael Connelly
Try Pendergast novels by Preston & Child, Sigma Force novels by James Rollins, or Cotton Malone novels by Steve Berry.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18045 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
Get to know your neighbors ... start a pic gallery on the lobby

[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
202 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 9:45 am
Get a big drum set...
Uhh drums in a condo? Lol
golden wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:21 am
Why is this in housing forum?
Wasn't sure to put it in arts and photography because not every hobby are in arts or photography.... or put it in entertainment since hobbies can entertain people during the moment :P

I thought since the situation is more uncommon since I'm looking for hobbies that I can do in a "condo"... I thought I put it in the home forum to get people who are living in condos and ask them what are their hobbies.

ThereAndBackAgain wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:44 am
Pyrography, a.k.a. wood burning and/or turning small items like pens from wood. Both are affordable, quiet and take very little space, You can relax, create beautiful objects and if you are good you can even sell them:)

See what you can achieve with practice:
http://www.suewalters.com/

And this:
https://www.pinterest.com/explore/pen-turning/

There is lots of good info on these two everywhere and your public library probably has some good books or videos as well.
That was unexpected with the pyro wood idea lol ... I just saw a couple video on pen turning, I noticed they are using a drill press which I don't think I want to do that in the condo.... can people actually make good money selling pens?

I can imagine companies can mass produce wood pens quickly
gr8dlr wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:44 pm
Music - digital piano with headphones
cooking - maybe focus on one thing eg. ramen entirely from scratch, pizza, charcuterie, breads
colour by number
bird watching

Why limit yourself to the condo...go outside and enjoy the fresh air. Take up a sport, or go hiking or go kayaking or go stand up paddling or canoeing, frisbee golf, ultimate frisbee, golf, geocaching....

Go onto Meetup,com and look at the different things you can do.
I ain't doing cooking at all because I'm a pastry chef lol ... I definitely don't want to go home and cook or bake again

Yeah I could do something outside
notfromqc wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:29 pm
Try Pendergast novels by Preston & Child, Sigma Force novels by James Rollins, or Cotton Malone novels by Steve Berry.
It similar to Michael Connelly? I'm reading the Harry Bosch series
booblehead wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:15 pm
Get to know your neighbors ... start a pic gallery on the lobby

lol Seinfeld is one of my fav shows

I would like to do more than just hello with the ladies in my building.. lol just kidding
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:35 pm
PEts. Get a dog if you have the love and commitment for a new friend... or a cat. That'll keep you busy and happy =)

Unless you hate pets...
Nah I don't hate pets.. I don't like cats though lol

I heard that condo and dogs don't do well because in a way it not fair to the dog since it can't be out constantly in the backyard plus I only be available to take the dog out in the morning and night when im working and I don't think I can afford someone to take the dog out in the middle of the day.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36167 posts
2275 upvotes
Toronto
Aquarium is a nice hobby too... also makes for a nice center piece/decoration in your home.
Salt water will keep you busier. Not in an annoying too much work way. Salt water just has a bit more routine. But the end result is more colorful and exotic fish... more expensive too!

So stick to fresh water if you want less work & cost.

Yoga is also easy to do @ home. The benefits are better mental and physical health. You could also meet up some fly hunnies @ a yoga class if youre still in that stage :lol:
[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
202 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:51 pm
Aquarium is a nice hobby too... also makes for a nice center piece/decoration in your home.
Salt water will keep you busier. Not in an annoying too much work way. Salt water just has a bit more routine. But the end result is more colorful and exotic fish... more expensive too!

So stick to fresh water if you want less work & cost.

Yoga is also easy to do @ home. The benefits are better mental and physical health. You could also meet up some fly hunnies @ a yoga class if youre still in that stage :lol:
I actually saw this really cool aqua tank

https://www.google.ca/search?q=unique+f ... luNo-h_LUM:

But it like $1500 lol damn

I don't want to baby the fish tank constantly every day if it that fussy for the salt water

I would lIke to have a more interesting tank pet... fishes just swim around :P

Yoga hunnies are hot and flexible lol ... I actually know someone who is a yoga teacher and fit as hell... too bad she is taken with a very long term bf :( lol
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12962 posts
3038 upvotes
1000W speakers playing Native American chanting music 20 hours a day on maximum volume.
Its only loud if you believe its loud Smiling Face With Open Mouth

If you want more conventional ideas how about being a Big Brother/Sister or sports or travel, even in province road trips can be fun.
There are some niche options like Geocaching
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
[OP]
Jan 15, 2013
202 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville
tebore wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 1:51 pm
Surf the internet looking for deals and then post about them
So you want me to find deals for you? Lol :P
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12962 posts
3038 upvotes
toshibaaa wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 8:06 pm
So you want me to find deals for you? Lol :P
Why do all hobbies have to be only self serving, sports is a team activity, a Big Brother/Sister helps others, woodworking can make products for your family and friends (and even some profit). You of course gain from these activities but you also give.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Mar 17, 2006
367 posts
89 upvotes
How about astronomy. Not sure if you have a decent view of the night sky. It's something I've been meaning to get into for several years now but never quite found the time. Maybe I can live vicariously through you. You can start off with a decent pair of binoculars and work your way up to telescope if you really like it.
Dec 25, 2007
718 posts
246 upvotes
How about figuring out what you like and then doing it?