• Sep 12th, 2019 6:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1931 posts
363 upvotes
Richmond, BC

Hockey Watching options (Leafs)

Hi I live in BC but I moved from Ontario. 2 years ago i had cable to watch (some of) the games live, the blacked out ones i have relied on NHL gamecenter (with lots of delay) i got with my rogers phone. this year I got rid of cable and now im on telus so i lost both options.

Is there a way to get the games live? I know I can OTA the saturday CBC games but the TSN and sportsnet ones...

I heard of IPTV but wouldnt that suffer lag as well? i still text/talk to my friends in ontario whenever there are games and they pretty much spoil goals for me like up to 80 seconds earlier than i see it.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2424 posts
552 upvotes
The subreddit call nhlstreams may be of help...
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4717 posts
1307 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 4:19 pm
The subreddit call nhlstreams may be of help...
weird how NBA and MMA streams subreddits were banned but not MLB or NHL
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11531 posts
5919 upvotes
Toronto
I used to use Myp2p which is a streaming site. It worked out pretty well but I eventually got nhl center ice. If you like to watch hockey, there's really nothing that comes close.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6109 posts
1737 upvotes
Whitby
syn3rgetic wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 3:55 pm
Hi I live in BC but I moved from Ontario. 2 years ago i had cable to watch (some of) the games live, the blacked out ones i have relied on NHL gamecenter (with lots of delay) i got with my rogers phone. this year I got rid of cable and now im on telus so i lost both options.

Is there a way to get the games live? I know I can OTA the saturday CBC games but the TSN and sportsnet ones...

I heard of IPTV but wouldnt that suffer lag as well? i still text/talk to my friends in ontario whenever there are games and they pretty much spoil goals for me like up to 80 seconds earlier than i see it.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/the-bee ... 312371/17/

I was at The Beer Store today, you want a couple of the DAZN codes which would cover you for 4 months?
Cancel that-read a bit and no NHL on DAZN in Canada.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1931 posts
363 upvotes
Richmond, BC
koffey wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:46 am
I used to use Myp2p which is a streaming site. It worked out pretty well but I eventually got nhl center ice. If you like to watch hockey, there's really nothing that comes close.
Is center ice still delayed? Im trying to avoid the 2 minute delay compared to cable.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6109 posts
1737 upvotes
Whitby
lead wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:53 pm
I was just going to point that wee bit of info out
Its too bad as I loaded DAZN app on Shield TV and its great quality, hasn't frozen once.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8535 posts
1473 upvotes
Winnipeg
Zamboni wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:02 pm
Its too bad as I loaded DAZN app on Shield TV and its great quality, hasn't frozen once.
there was hockeystreams you could pay for. But I think its only by referral anymore to be able to get a subscription.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6109 posts
1737 upvotes
Whitby
I have a solid IPTV, went through a few crappy ones b4 finding a good group buy on RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8535 posts
1473 upvotes
Winnipeg
Zamboni wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:12 pm
I have a solid IPTV, went through a few crappy ones b4 finding a good group buy on RFD.
but those are still pirate feeds which can be found thru the usual suspects by anyone. Your paying basically for a iptv m3u list which is already shared for free
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6109 posts
1737 upvotes
Whitby
lead wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:23 pm
but those are still pirate feeds which can be found thru the usual suspects by anyone. Your paying basically for a iptv m3u list which is already shared for free
No, there are many IPTV services, some far more private/stable than others.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1053 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
iptv is the best way to go imo. you get all tsn channels and all sportsnet channels
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5301 posts
1195 upvotes
Mississauga
syn3rgetic wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 3:55 pm

any sort of streaming option will always be behind tsn/sportsnet...

when you watch games, don't chat with your friends...lol