• May 8th, 2010 3:05 pm
[OP]
Feb 8, 2007
819 posts
59 upvotes

[Crocs] Holey Soles @ Lee Valley $6 & $8

More offers from Crocs
link

No arguments about style, fugly, etc. However, these still seem to be popular and are definately great for the kids. For $6 for the kids sizes and $8 for the adults for the XP2 (slip resistand sole) this is a great deal. Regular retail is approx $25 each so you are saving substantially. The colours are limited (red or lime for the kids and fushia or turquoise for the adults - my local store also had forest green and sunflower in limited adult sizes) but they are gender neutral for the kids.
These are made in China (used to be made in Canada) but is a Canadian company. They are a better than CROCS (imho) as they seem more durable and the slip resistant sole is a great inclusion. Wear then at the pool, the beach, the backyard.
Here is a link to the mfg website:
XP2 Adults
XP2 Kids
7 replies
Feb 25, 2007
161 posts
13 upvotes
Tecumseh
Actually Liquidation World is having a sale on Holey Soles, all shapes and sizes for $4.88 a pair. They even have some junior size Crocs (I don't remember the price, but I am sure it's less than $10). Save even more!

Happy hunting!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8102 posts
1323 upvotes
London
LOL, these look completely like Crocs. I wonder why they didn't get sued?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
4632 posts
1010 upvotes
Kootenays
Hmmm...fuschia or turquoise, which is less likely to get me beat up?
Jan 14, 2009
68 posts
5 upvotes
smacd wrote:
May 6th, 2010 3:40 pm
Hmmm...fuschia or turquoise, which is less likely to get me beat up?
Barefoot.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8102 posts
1323 upvotes
London
buyways wrote:
May 6th, 2010 3:22 pm
they were, but this is a complicated and technical area of law in which disputes take a long time to resolve. See eg. http://newsletter.robic.ca/nouvelle.aspx?lg=EN&id=77 and for the US: http://www.intellirights.com/cms2/index ... &Itemid=67
Thanks; interesting reading, even if a little heavy on the legalese.

I can't believe there's any question that the Holeys are ripping off Crocs; they could have easily come up with a unique design, yet opted to mimic.

FWIW, I noticed that Yysk has "garden shoes" advertised for "from $6.99" in their latest flyer. The LV ones sound like they have better soles, though.
Oct 1, 2007
265 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Crocs are just a poor knock of of Super Birkis that Birkienstock has been putting out for years. They were a mainstay of nurses and chefs for years until Crocs came out.
× < >