• Nov 24th, 2004 4:36 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
7855 posts
48 upvotes
NDman wrote:Really, this is a game that I can't really quite figure it out. Looking just the final score looks normal. But it was such a strange affair this afternoon. For the first 2 quarters, both team played good ball and paced each other very well. And rightfully, it was a close and tight game all the way until the first half buzzer. Then out of absolutely nowhere, Raptors' wheels feel apart in the 3rd. It was the Spurs' turn to self-destruct in the 4th. What gives? They both agreed to pick a quarter to have a major melt-down? :P

Beautiful comeback, nonetheless. Once again, Carter adn Rose sat towards the end and the bench gave good energy to the court, and the crowd! And I quote Chuck "This is the biggest comeback in Raptors history." And most importantly "RAPTORS WIN! RAPTORS WIN! RAPTORS WIN! RAPTORS WIN!"
im kinda noticing some patterns in the raptor's losses in the road trip.. for a few games, they'd come out strong in the first quarter, usually leading by a fair margin, then second quarter, it's either tied or they're losing by a fair margin.. then comes the dreaded third quarter where everything collapses.. subsequently, in the final quarter, they play like it's their last game of the season and sometimes win.. you know this cannot continue for long..
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3810 posts
7 upvotes
MtX wrote:some of those quotes arent even mine but i do support their views..

and yes the titles are a little bit misleading.. i should just replace the word raptors with vince/rose
Actually they're all yours, which is probably why you "support their views" :rolleyes:

Too bad I couldn't see this game...but that's what highlights are for :cool:
Next four games are a pair against Washington and NY, certainly winnable games. Knicks are underachieving (as to be expected...kinda like the NY Rangers :cheesygri ) but can be dangerous. Still, the Raptors can at the very least split against them. Washington's a pretty decent team, but full of young guys and the Raptors can take advantage of that. Just need to semi-shut down Jamison and they should get a couple of wins :cool:
i think this line's mostly filler
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
7855 posts
48 upvotes
i predict we will go on a 3 game winning streak.. better beat knicks, carter hinted that he wanted to be a knick i read somewhere in newspaper
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6347 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Was a great game to be at, nice and loud 4th quarter. Announcer stated it was our largest 4th quarter comeback in Raptor franchise history. Lamond was money in the fourth, MoPete too. Rose did do pretty well in the first quarter hitting most of his shots but Carter was a no show again for the most part. He appears to be pretty useless unless there are ISO plays called for him, and thats not a part of Mitchell's system. Without ISO's, he is a slower, low percentage version of Richard Hamilton but with less effort and no Big Ben to help on D which is why MoPete is the better player for the Raptors right now. Team has a lot more energy with him on the floor.

Carter pointed out to a reporter during the pre-game warmup that TD was using an Ipod.

Our schedule gets quite a bit easier for the next little while. Finally.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
7855 posts
48 upvotes
frogger wrote:Was a great game to be at, nice and loud 4th quarter. Announcer stated it was our largest 4th quarter comeback in Raptor franchise history. Lamond was money in the fourth, MoPete too. Rose did do pretty well in the first quarter hitting most of his shots but Carter was a no show again for the most part. He appears to be pretty useless unless there are ISO plays called for him, and thats not a part of Mitchell's system. Without ISO's, he is a slower, low percentage version of Richard Hamilton but with less effort and no Big Ben to help on D which is why MoPete is the better player for the Raptors right now. Team has a lot more energy with him on the floor.

Carter pointed out to a reporter during the pre-game warmup that TD was using an Ipod.

Our schedule gets quite a bit easier for the next little while. Finally.
I think I may have put too much blame on Rose but sometimes he does force plays and does stupid things, but not as much as Carter I guess..when you see Peterson/Alston/Bosh/Murray/Palacio running the net, plus Bonner's great confidence, you know you have good effort and you know you will have a legit chance of winning.. I just dont know why Carter's so afraid to dunk anymore, but I know it's still in him, it's just pissing me off that he acts like he doesn't have those skills..
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
Good game for the Raptors, this is good momentum for beating NY. I thought Manu had a quiet night, probably the reason the game didn't become a blowout.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2001
4128 posts
78 upvotes
Thanks to the amazing deal posted by and RFDer, I was sitting in 114 Row 13 for the game. It was so quiet at the end of the 3rd, and so loud at the end of the game. It was amazing to be there for the electricity alone!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6140 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
i was in the sprite zone for this game with 7 of my friends and OMG it was like playoff calibur environment for the last 4 minutes of the game....

brought back memories of how into the game the fans were during Game 4 of the playoffs vs the pistons i went to a couple years back....

honestly the mood was so dead at the end of the 3rd quarter, everyone seemed to lost hope, heck i'll admit it, i thought we were screwed....

thats what i love about the raptors, they always seem to manage good come backs....they had many games this year where they were able to come back, even if they fell short, they put up a good fight....mind you, itd be better if they didn't have to claw them selves out of a hole each game =)

Just some notes from the game:

1) We have the best mascot in the NBA.
2) The Raptors Dance Pak are hot.
3) I Missed hearing Chuck Swirsky's "Boom-shakalaka" although many fans in the sprite zone kept saying it :D
4) The guy with the David Robinson Spurs jersey sitting in front of us was a real ******* lol...
5) I can't believe I gave into buying a small slice of pizza for $4.25, and a pop for $3.75........
6) Rafer Alston was showing some sweet ball-handling that prompted many ooo's and ahhh's from the crowd.
7) Almost the entire ACC gave Matt Bonner a standing ovation sometime in the first half I believe when he was doign some crazy stuff.
8) I got into a huge "cheer off" with a 7 year old girl for a pack of raptors stickers (from the sprite zone guys). Sadly, I lost out, but I knew in my heart I really won.
9) I won a raptors flag later that night from the sprite zone people
10) I farted while I was walking out with the crowd into Union Station.
11) No one knew it was me, and it was sick, wicked, and nasty :cheesygri one of those really "warm" ones
12) I threw out my voice.
13) The bathroom at Finch Subway Station was really nasty. You know a bathroom is really bad when the urinal smells like sh*t, and the guy peeing next to you is blocking his nose with one hand, and aiming with the other :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2573 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto (Pasadena
LOL, SwiZz, that was a great post!

MtX, you're right, what is up with these 3rd quarters? Very strange. This is the first time in a long time, though, that we have reason to believe they'll play strong all the way through and might come back. That Portland game, the Sonics game (first one), and now this. Go Raps!

Anyway, let hope they keep playing as well as they have now that they've got some easier opponents. That was one brutal opening schedule!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2001
4128 posts
78 upvotes
MtX wrote:Nice to hear, how much did you pay for those tickets in total?
$42 a ticket, 3 tix. Half price
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
9732 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
yea, it was truly a sight to see!

After the third quarter, I was pretty restless and disappointed that not only were the Raps getting blown out, but that they wouldn't even make 95 points for free pizza.

But low and behold, Alston starts the quarter off like a madman, and just runs the spurs in circles! My throat was also pretty ragged from screaming so much. Definitely one of the best games I've ever been to!

When the raps were on the verge of winning, I screamed out "Hey Vince! How's the view from there?!?!" I'm just glad he didn't jump in the stands and come after me...:S

Oh, and we got a free pizza slice! Best game ever!
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
7855 posts
48 upvotes
Was there an interview today on Sportsnet with Wince Carter saying he "doesnt want to dunk anymore"?

I think he should just go for gymnastics now..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
9732 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
MtX wrote:Was there an interview today on Sportsnet with Wince Carter saying he "doesnt want to dunk anymore"?

I think he should just go for gymnastics now..
yep. he said that....and I say TRADE!!!
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100