Home Alarm Monitoring

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2012 3:41 pm
[OP]
May 16, 2006
19 posts
2 upvotes

Home Alarm Monitoring

Has anyone dealt with The Monitoring Centre for their home alarm? I am currently with ADT and thinking about switching. They are charging only $9.99 per month so it is tempting.

Any feedback on their service is appreciated.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6028 posts
691 upvotes
Anyone has any feedback on this company? The $9.99 monthly fee is good deal and I'm tempted to get rid of my land line by subscribing the GSM wireless service (another $10 per month). So $20 a month for wireless GSM alarm seem like a good deal. By the way, I'm located in Markham, if that matters.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16983 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
Good service. In fact, it's pretty much the same for the two companies. (I've used both.) If you own the equipment, it's stupid to stay with companies like ADT, because they provide no good discount for owning the equipment. If you own the equipment, it's a pretty easy decision: $9.99 vs $33.99 is a no-brainer.

The only reason to go with companies like ADT is that you essentially rent-to-own the equipment after 3 years. You pay $33.99 a month because that pays for the purchase of the equipment.

The problem is that after 3-4 years with The Monitoring Centre, they increased the price for my $9.99 wired monitoring to $12.99. Then again, usually they have these 18 months for 12 months deals for new subscribers. The other problem with TMC is that you pay by the year, not by the month.