[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5010 upvotes
East Gwillimbury

Home & Auto Insurance

Anyone have a broker they recommend?

2 cars and home insurance required. My current provider just raised my rate by $1000 per year. Time to shop. No accidents, no claims ever made.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
3006 posts
1425 upvotes
Everywhere
Funny, my home insurance with TD went up by more than I expected (~25%). I got a quote from Co-operators and it came in at less that what I paid this year so I will be switching. I have been with TDI for 20 years and it has risen every year. No claims. One year it rose significantly and I threatened to switch and that actually lowered my premium. I agree it should go up but if it is a lot they are asking to lose business. I have an alumni discount with TD and a corporate discount with Co-op. You may want to check if you have such discounts.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5010 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
batcave wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 8:02 pm
I have an alumni discount with TD and a corporate discount with Co-op. You may want to check if you have such discounts.
I was with Meloche Monex for the longest time under the alumni program. I switched a few years ago because there were a lot of strict rules. I got a ticket for not wearing my glasses while driving and TD treated that like a DUI and cancelled my insurance told me to come back after three years when the ticket falls off my record.