Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] $397.99 - RIDGID 15 Amp Corded 12 inch Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw with 70 m Capacity

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 7:49 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 14, 2017
456 posts
439 upvotes

[Home Depot] $397.99 - RIDGID 15 Amp Corded 12 inch Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw with 70 m Capacity

Regularly $579.

The RIDGID 15-Amp 12 -Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw can handle any job thrown its way. It features an industry-leading 0-70-degree miter range with 70 degrees to the left and to the right. A dual-bevel design with crown moulding stops enables you to move the saw head instead of the material for added convenience. It boasts a work light to improve the accuracy of the cut for precision and a 15-amp motor that easily handles the toughest of materials.

4000 RPM for powerful performance

Powerful 15 Amp motor - Powers through even the most difficult materials

Built-in-dust collection port works with common 1-1/4 -Inch wet/dry vacuum adapters

Crown stop mounting holes - Compatible with common stops and available RIDGID crown moulding stop (not included)

Positive bevel crown moulding stops at the most common angles; 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 33.9° and 45° left and right

Lifetime Service Agreement: Free parts and service for life with registration

Includes: (1) 12-Inch Dual Bevel Mitre Sae(1) 12-Inch Blade(1) Dust collector
8 replies
[OP]
Oct 14, 2017
456 posts
439 upvotes
I'm really struggling between this and the DeWalt DWS779. This one has better angles and 2000 RPM more power, but apparently the first generation was plagued with wobbling issue. The DeWalt is also the same price (link below).

Anyone has any opinions?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1001016180
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1281 posts
1158 upvotes
Vancouver
I was eager to find out how a sliding mitre saw achieves a 70 meter capacity. So disappointed...
Apr 30, 2009
509 posts
273 upvotes
GTA
xtrmDeals wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2019 8:07 am
I'm really struggling between this and the DeWalt DWS779. This one has better angles and 2000 RPM more power, but apparently the first generation was plagued with wobbling issue. The DeWalt is also the same price (link below).

Anyone has any opinions?

I have a Dewalt, but a much older one, back when they were made in USA. It cost a lot more back then. It’s heavy (heavier than these) and has kept working well.
I’m sure either will be fine and also either has a chance of being defective. Pick one, set it up by checking angles and adjusting as needed. If it has a lot of runout (wobble), bring it back.

And get a better blade (applies to all saws).
Aug 6, 2018
185 posts
1047 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2019 8:07 am

Anyone has any opinions?

The Dewalt is also on sale @ amazon for the same price.

I've personally used this saw for the past few summers building decks. I can't say that there's anything that I don't like about it, except that it doesn't come with a light or laser, but that's not a huge inconvenience and either can be added afterward supposedly.

I have no experience with this Rigid saw so cannot speak on it, but their tools are generally not on the same level of quality as Dewalt's. All else being equalish and with the Rigid saw having wobbling issues, I'd recommend the Dewalt and save yourself some headaches down the line dealing with the wobbling issues and customer service.

Good luck with your decision, happy building.
[OP]
Oct 14, 2017
456 posts
439 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2019 12:03 pm
How does this compare to the Ryobi single bevel sliding mitre saw with stand?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000788427

I know the brushless 2 battery one came with a stand and could be found for cheap, but I’d rather have corded
For starters, it's a 10" blade vs. a 12" on the Rigid and the DeWalt. Less power and angles.
[OP]
Oct 14, 2017
456 posts
439 upvotes
Thanks guys. I ended up buying Rigid and then returned it to get the DeWalt one. There's nothing wrong with Rigid but I am so much more comfortable with DeWalt that I decided to go with it. I have to admit, the bells and whistles on the Rigid one are so much better!

karlb wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2019 10:08 am
I have a Dewalt, but a much older one, back when they were made in USA. It cost a lot more back then. It’s heavy (heavier than these) and has kept working well.
I’m sure either will be fine and also either has a chance of being defective. Pick one, set it up by checking angles and adjusting as needed. If it has a lot of runout (wobble), bring it back.

And get a better blade (applies to all saws).
essjayess wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2019 10:09 am
The Dewalt is also on sale @ amazon for the same price.

I've personally used this saw for the past few summers building decks. I can't say that there's anything that I don't like about it, except that it doesn't come with a light or laser, but that's not a huge inconvenience and either can be added afterward supposedly.

I have no experience with this Rigid saw so cannot speak on it, but their tools are generally not on the same level of quality as Dewalt's. All else being equalish and with the Rigid saw having wobbling issues, I'd recommend the Dewalt and save yourself some headaches down the line dealing with the wobbling issues and customer service.

Good luck with your decision, happy building.