Hot Deals

[Home Depot] $449 Dewalt 12inch Sliding Mitre Saw - w/ free heavy duty work stand

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 10:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1105 posts
109 upvotes
Abbotsford

[Home Depot] $449 Dewalt 12inch Sliding Mitre Saw - w/ free heavy duty work stand

On sale starting Thursday 9th until Nov 19th.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.12-i ... 16180.html

Saw is only $50 @ $449 but also comes with a stand
I can't find the stand that's included on HD.ca's page (1001075605) - but the picture in the flyer matches this one
https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DWX725B-He ... B004U4S7UC

I have no idea about saw quality - there seems to be 20+ options at HD, with this coming at the lower end of their Dewalt line. Probably decent enough for a weekend warrior.
Last edited by oakjefferson on Nov 8th, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Feb 8, 2011
447 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
saw is good quality but with most 12" saws it is awkward and heavy to carry
Oct 27, 2016
47 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have this saw and love it - but k1ll4hb33 is right... huge and heavy. I'm not sure I'd buy this again - I'd probably buy a good quality 10" as it will do 99% of jobs/projects in a much more compact package.
Jan 13, 2012
18 posts
9 upvotes
Aurora
Could someone kindly provide any insight on this deal compared to the Bosch CM12SD for $399 at Lowes? Both seem to have similar specs. Is the Dewalt worth the extra $50 with stand? Thank you
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1105 posts
109 upvotes
Abbotsford
A little curious why this thread would have a downvote? Did I do something wrong?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2141 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto, ON
oakjefferson wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:46 pm
A little curious why this thread would have a downvote? Did I do something wrong?
Nope, your post is good. I checked the downvote (just click on the question mark next to the net rating under "SCORE") and the reason someone gave for downvoting is "Not a good price". It would have been great if they then posted a comment saying where it's available for a better price, but they didn't, so I'd say it's fair to assume they're just hoping for an even bigger discount and are downvoting unfairly (I'd guess because they're an irresponsible, irrational biotch, but that's just my guess).

Edit: One thing that would make your post even better though is to include the price in the title. The input form really should do that, but it doesn't, so it's very helpful if the person posting the deal does. Just a timesaver for others and a courtesy.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2460 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Is a DWS717 worthwhile at $500 tax in For New in box?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1105 posts
109 upvotes
Abbotsford
OakAged wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:57 pm

Edit: One thing that would make your post even better though is to include the price in the title. The input form really should do that, but it doesn't, so it's very helpful if the person posting the deal does. Just a timesaver for others and a courtesy.
That's good to know - I thought since there was field it would populate. Editing now
Dec 3, 2013
29 posts
7 upvotes
Surrey
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 5:00 pm
Is a DWS717 worthwhile at $500 tax in For New in box?

Sounds like a good deal to me. Please share where you found it. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2460 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Home Depot.

Price matched Lowes sale with 10% additional discount.

Actually it was $560.
Jan 13, 2012
18 posts
9 upvotes
Aurora
Would really appreciate if someone could assist with a comparison between this Dewalt saw at the Bosch CM12SD at Lowes for $399. Purchased the Bosch and considering returning it for this package but want to ensure it is worth the extra $50. Thank you
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4593 posts
817 upvotes
Markham
Busta39 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:32 am
Would really appreciate if someone could assist with a comparison between this Dewalt saw at the Bosch CM12SD at Lowes for $399. Purchased the Bosch and considering returning it for this package but want to ensure it is worth the extra $50. Thank you
In general a saw is a saw. Once you check it for trueness, It cuts, it bevels, there's lasers. The stand is handy if you don't have a permanent setup and want to be able to move it around. Having said that, 12 inch saws are bulky and heavy and you don't ideally want to be moving them around. So if you don't move it, what good is a stand. Alternative question might be...do you need a 12 inch sliding mitre saw, you could buy a 10 inch model for likely half of the $399 you're paying for Bosch?

Another disadvantage of 12" mitre saw is the blade can't be used in another saw....many people have 10" mitre and 10" table saws and the blades can be interchanged.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1395 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:41 pm
In general a saw is a saw. Once you check it for trueness, It cuts, it bevels, there's lasers. The stand is handy if you don't have a permanent setup and want to be able to move it around. Having said that, 12 inch saws are bulky and heavy and you don't ideally want to be moving them around. So if you don't move it, what good is a stand. Alternative question might be...do you need a 12 inch sliding mitre saw, you could buy a 10 inch model for likely half of the $399 you're paying for Bosch?

Another disadvantage of 12" mitre saw is the blade can't be used in another saw....many people have 10" mitre and 10" table saws and the blades can be interchanged.
Interested where a decent 10" mitre saw can be had for $200? Most of the decent brands seem more expensive for the 10".
Mar 8, 2017
11 posts
6 upvotes
If you aren’t in need of a slider and still want a 12” saw the Dewalt DWS716 with some slight tuning is one on the most precise cutting saws out there. I know many great finish carpenters that swear by it.
Dec 3, 2010
94 posts
30 upvotes
While a good price 12inch is way too big unless you are cutting beams every day. I got a 10 inch makita and even that was too heavy to move around. Got a dewalt 7.25 inch 20v miter saw and the makita is just collecting dust.