Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

5-Piece Nailer kit $88

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2016 3:30 pm
Tags:
Jan 21, 2007
534 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I payed with Paypal and it worked
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1225 posts
409 upvotes
calgary
how did it add on cart..does not work
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1524 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga
don't know what to do with it, still ordered...
my wallet got really hurt from these RFD deals... :cry:
Feb 13, 2008
338 posts
231 upvotes
London
Managed to grab one using Chrome, FF didn't work. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1225 posts
409 upvotes
calgary
i tried all browser but no luck adding on cart
Aug 25, 2013
63 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Looks like it's OOS online now
Jul 31, 2008
374 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
t3359 wrote: Sorry man, there's no way I'd be recommending a cordless nailer as a first nailer... And no way a ryobi one for $250 at that.

Get the 35-lbs porter-cable 6gal pancake compressor - usually comes with an "okay" PVC hose, a good Brad nailer, and maybe another gun... That would be in the $200-300 range and would be a good compressor for many projects.
Soooo convenient..
Esp for someone that needs it for a few little jobs. I wouldn't want to store a compressor if I hardly use one.. not to mention dealing with the noise...
If you have the batteries already this has sold for as low as $129 at HD

Have you tried one?
Jan 22, 2014
763 posts
577 upvotes
Coldfinger wrote: Soooo convenient..
Esp for someone that needs it for a few little jobs. I wouldn't want to store a compressor if I hardly use one.. not to mention dealing with the noise...

Have you tried one?
I've tried an 18g Ryobi that they had on display at HD and actually liked it better than my Paslode.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
Coldfinger wrote: Soooo convenient..

Have you tried one?
No, I've never tried a cordless Brad nailer. I do imagine it being convenient, but personally I think the $250 price tag is steep. But yeah, $129 is much better if you have the batteries already.

But since Kirkhammet is saying it's better than his Paslode, then maybe it is an option.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Jul 2, 2008
459 posts
215 upvotes
Bought this $88 kit in store a few months ago; I believe it's the inkjet printer sales model; printer = nailguns and ink/paper = nails/compressor/hoses/connector

I ended up settling for the little 2g compressor from Canadian Tire for $99, and they had a rubber hose for $35, and a female quick connect thingy to mate the hose to the compressor and I was able to drive my nails.

I've used the pin nailer and the brad nailer a couple times.

So $88 plus $140 means I've paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of $10 per nail I've driven using the system :) I need more projects
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
jbpriede wrote: Bought this $88 kit in store a few months ago; I believe it's the inkjet printer sales model; printer = nailguns and ink/paper = nails/compressor/hoses/connector

I ended up settling for the little 2g compressor from Canadian Tire for $99, and they had a rubber hose for $35, and a female quick connect thingy to mate the hose to the compressor and I was able to drive my nails.

I've used the pin nailer and the brad nailer a couple times.

So $88 plus $140 means I've paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of $10 per nail I've driven using the system :) I need more projects
in that case ryobi cordless sounds a better deal.
I was in a similar situation, when I realized it I just couldn't found receipt for hose and fittings, HD refused to accept my return.
so I stay with this setup
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
CarsonKT wrote: in that case ryobi cordless sounds a better deal.
I was in a similar situation, when I realized it I just couldn't found receipt for hose and fittings, HD refused to accept my return.
so I stay with this setup
if you already have ryobi tools and batteries and have zero use for a compressor then go for the ryobi battery nailer... the benefit of a compressor is that ppl use it for other things too... like inflating car tires, bike tires, and other small air tools... if you are only going to use it for Brad nails then it's a different story... BUT if you are going to use it for Brad nails, pin nails, and staples... then you need it
Oct 31, 2010
914 posts
812 upvotes
Edmonton
All sold out in stores in YEG, but have a friend at a location that has stock. I called the home depot and paid for it so that my friend could pick it up for me and it was on clearance there for $50.
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
leeezeng wrote: One question from a newbie:
is this good for shingle work on the roof?
if it is, also which air compressor you will recommend for the use?
Thank you in advance.

No, shingle nailers are much more expensive, and drive real nails which come on a coil. The nails these things drive are more like a stiff wire (brad nails) and come in a strip kind of like a strip of staples. If you are doing shingles I would rent the nailer and also I would rent the compressor too because if you are running a consumer grade compressor non stop for multiple days to nail shingles its not going to like that at all. The compressors that roofers use are made for much longer duty cycles

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)