• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2018 8:54 pm
[OP]
Apr 14, 2017
229 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] 5 tool Dewalt combo kit dck590l2

Currently, home depot is offering a free tool (179.99) value with purchase of this kit.

I price matched with Amazon which is currently at 489.99. DEWALT DCK590L2 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion 3.0 Ah 5-Tool Combo Kit https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0052MIL4S/ref ... HAb9SD9AVX

No extra 10% since it's amazon but I think this is a pretty good deal otherwise.
42 replies
Feb 24, 2017
62 posts
72 upvotes
I'm surprised they still gave you the free tool after the price match.
[OP]
Apr 14, 2017
229 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
The guy at the register scanned the coupon and it worked so it wasn't an issue.. Is it usually not allowed?
Sep 23, 2005
215 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
It seems like a pretty good price, especially if you need it all at once. I opted to grow as I needed, and buy on sale when convenient, simply because I wasn't sure I wanted it all. I went the Milwaukee M18 route and eventually collected:
  • Hammer drill
  • Driver
  • Circular saw
  • Sawzall
  • Cut-off/grinder
  • Worklight
  • 2x 1.5Ah batteries
  • 2x 3.0Ah batteries
  • 3x chargers
Total: $544 over 2 years

So, for those who aren't sure what they need, or don't want spend it all at once, you can collect over time and still get a pretty good deal.

The most important consideration for these tool sets is to buy what you will actually use, and make sure to have enough batteries.

Happy fixing!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4559 posts
962 upvotes
Kitchener
The circular saw in this kit has the cheaper heavier stamped steel base instead of the aluminum on the DCS391 if that matters to you. Also, the reciprocating saw only has a single position blade clamp, with the DCS380 having 4 position
Jun 11, 2010
720 posts
382 upvotes
ottawa
lostinpangea wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:23 pm
It seems like a pretty good price, especially if you need it all at once. I opted to grow as I needed, and buy on sale when convenient, simply because I wasn't sure I wanted it all. I went the Milwaukee M18 route and eventually collected:
  • Hammer drill
  • Driver
  • Circular saw
  • Sawzall
  • Cut-off/grinder
  • Worklight
  • 2x 1.5Ah batteries
  • 2x 3.0Ah batteries
  • 3x chargers

So, for those who aren't sure what they need, or don't want spend it all at once, you can collect over time and still get a pretty good deal.

The most important consideration for these tool sets is to buy what you will actually use, and make sure to have enough batteries.

Happy fixing!
Nice collection - if you don't mind what price did you get the work light at? I want one but the prices are incredibly high so I've been using my M18 driver as a light super inconvenient though.
Sep 26, 2007
350 posts
37 upvotes
barqers wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:51 pm
Nice collection - if you don't mind what price did you get the work light at? I want one but the prices are incredibly high so I've been using my M18 driver as a light super inconvenient though.
Your referring to the DCL050 Area Light?
Sep 23, 2005
215 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
barqers wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:51 pm
The one I picked up was this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002MU ... UTF8&psc=1

I paid $33 at the time.

It was one of those purchases that I wasn't sure I needed, but it was about 1/2 price at the time, so I couldn't resist. I've actually found it quite helpful in adding extra light when/where I needed it, such as installing electrical in the basement. I use it together with a headlamp to ensure that I get enough light from all directions, and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
9215 posts
3190 upvotes
Brampton
Drthorne wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:39 pm
The circular saw in this kit has the cheaper heavier stamped steel base instead of the aluminum on the DCS391 if that matters to you. Also, the reciprocating saw only has a single position blade clamp, with the DCS380 having 4 position
That really matters. Makes jobs way easier than having to deal with a full length blade in tight spots.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17131 posts
2035 upvotes
Langley
It's a good deal with this 5 tools for under 500, but a great deal with the grinder.

I bought the drill and driver with two 4ah batteries for 225
I bought the circular saw for 99
I got a different recip saw (the compact one) for 150
And the flashlight for 26.

But this took me over a year of looking for sales.
Jun 11, 2010
720 posts
382 upvotes
ottawa
kukkudo wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:40 pm
Your referring to the DCL050 Area Light?
Yes but Milwaukee version as I bought into their M18 system :)
lostinpangea wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:14 am
The one I picked up was this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002MU ... UTF8&psc=1

I paid $33 at the time.

It was one of those purchases that I wasn't sure I needed, but it was about 1/2 price at the time, so I couldn't resist. I've actually found it quite helpful in adding extra light when/where I needed it, such as installing electrical in the basement. I use it together with a headlamp to ensure that I get enough light from all directions, and in general.
Sweet just setup some notifications for this work light on price reductions. Do you feel it provides enough brightness?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1548 posts
353 upvotes
Montreal
This is a great deal for those who would make use of all the tools.
For reference this dck590 kit was on sale for $399 on boxing day, and the similar dck592 kit was also on sale for $399 back on black friday. So $90 more for the grinder is decent if you need it.
I personally have the dck590 kit, and I am very happy with the tools.
Nov 22, 2012
948 posts
764 upvotes
MARKHAM
lostinpangea wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:23 pm
  • Hammer drill
  • Driver
  • Circular saw
  • Sawzall
  • Cut-off/grinder
  • Worklight
  • 2x 1.5Ah batteries
  • 2x 3.0Ah batteries
  • 3x chargers

Happy fixing!
I opted in Dewalt route like yours.

Drill,
Impact driver,
Circular saw 18v,
Reciprocating saw 18v,
Battery adapter,
4 batteries 1.5ah,
2 chargers,
Total cost $299.

I am now watching higher ah battery maybe 4ah or 5.

Of course these are entry level tools but as a weekend warrior they are tougher than I actually need.

Happy hunting.
From RFD:
Self-propelled gas mower for $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower for $399 - Lowes;
Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan;
Public Mobile $8 50/50 limited talk/text plan;
3GB LTE data monthly plan for $15 - Fido.
More to come for sure...
[OP]
Apr 14, 2017
229 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
I actually decided to return the grinder tool that was "free" and they refunded 150$ tax in.

So basically the five piece set, before tax, came out to 357$ and 410$ all in.

I think it's perfect for someone like me who works in an office and uses tools for small renovations and fixes around the house.
Last edited by SuperPaulette on Feb 15th, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2012
948 posts
764 upvotes
MARKHAM
SuperPaulette wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 7:56 pm
I actually decided to return the grinder tool that was "free" and they refunded 150$ tax in.

So basically the five piece set, before tax, came out to 357$ and 410$ all in.

I think it's perfect for someone like me who works in an office and uses tools for small renovations and does around the house.
Well said buddy.
From RFD:
Self-propelled gas mower for $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower for $399 - Lowes;
Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan;
Public Mobile $8 50/50 limited talk/text plan;
3GB LTE data monthly plan for $15 - Fido.
More to come for sure...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)