Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

75 ft Rubber hose for 29.98 at HD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2017 1:04 am
50 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4310 posts
2737 upvotes
Canada
I have this hose. It's a good hose but it does kink. Also it's 1/2 inch, not 5/8.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2044 posts
191 upvotes
Guelph
I have it as well, got excited when I saw the advertised price last time round and rushed to the store only to find out it's only 1/2", for whatever reason the picture of it is extremely misleading and makes it look a lot more heavy duty than it is. I couldn't even uncoil it for the first time without battling with the kinks for a good while.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
I once bought a cheapo from Home Depot several years back. It was a real herculean task Disappointed But Relieved Face to deal with all those kinks. Was actually glad Face With Tears Of Joy when I threw it away after a season.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1640 posts
1140 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: I have this hose. It's a good hose but it does kink. Also it's 1/2 inch, not 5/8.
Would you say it's kinky? ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
So, flexzilla is the way to go ? It's on sale in CT.

Any other recommendations?
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1448 posts
1339 upvotes
Oakville
ambujakshi wrote: So, flexzilla is the way to go ? It's on sale in CT.

Any other recommendations?
That's regular price on the Flexzilla. Never seen it below $69. They just make you think it's on sale by placing it in the flyer.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
It seems even OP opted to not get his deal, haha.
Jan 16, 2008
346 posts
94 upvotes
Holystone wrote: I once bought a cheapo from Home Depot several years back. It was a real herculean task Disappointed But Relieved Face to deal with all those kinks. Was actually glad Face With Tears Of Joy when I threw it away after a season.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
I have 2 flexzilla hoses, a 50' and a 100'. The 50' I bought maybe 3 years ago and is a different style than the 100' which I bought maybe 1 year ago. The older hose has a green line running down the length of the hose and feels less substantial than the newer hose. Both are excellent hoses IMO and seem the same performance wise. That being said the newer style hose does seem like it would last longer.

Flexzilla hoses greatly resist kinking, are nice and flexible, and have no memory. The only real problem I've heard of and experienced is that they try to spin in your hand (side effect of the anti-kink, I think). Pretty good solution is just to get quick connects so that the attachment is able to stay stationary while the hose twists. Oh, and get a hose reel.

I think you can actually get them from leevalley for cheaper, unless they've raised their prices this year.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4585 posts
19305 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ambujakshi wrote: Not available online. Has good reviews on the HD us website.
FYI, the one in the US link is NOT the same hose. I went to HD this morning and checked. The one in the Canadian flyer is not made by Goodyear, nor is it 5/8". It's only 1/2" and very lightweight. Don't think it's that great quality. Don't be misled by the OP's post.

I bought this one from the US: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Continental- ... /100676339
it is very very good. This is the comparable one in Canada, not the one in the flyer: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.58-i ... 24156.html

For those looking for a hose, go with the Continental in the states or the Waterworks one in Canada. Whichever hose you pick, make sure you always use rubber. :-P
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4166 posts
6803 upvotes
Langley, BC
Just buy a good air hose and put a hose attachment on the end (cut normal ends off). Works great and they don't kink.
Oct 19, 2013
472 posts
134 upvotes
If you guys frequent the states. Sears craftsman has the rubber hoses on sale quite often. $20 for 50ft, $40 for 100ft is what I remember (USD).

Lifetime warranty. I punctured one (my fault) and was replaced at Sears usa with no receipt no questions asked
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
I just need a 50 ft one to clean our a/c compressor as we have two 25 ft. ones from Home Hardware that have so far been very durable.

Can I really save electricity spraying the compressor?

Also, can I just buy an adapter to put the two hoses together? We don't have a lot of space in the garage.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
i have one fo those expandable ones that i got from amazon. It works great but the thread started to pull away but still works fine. No kinks and long runs to retract
😃
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1304 posts
1523 upvotes
Richmond Hill
steven80 wrote: Just buy a good air hose and put a hose attachment on the end (cut normal ends off). Works great and they don't kink.
could be feasible but the diameter is even smaller than 1/2inch restricting water flow too much, price is not cheaper based on diameter and then need to put on proper ends.
IMO not a really practical solution.

"invest" in a good rubber hose and it will last you for years. The Home Depot hose advertised has a rubber formulation that feels stiffer.
Nov 12, 2015
28 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Costco has a 100ft for about the same price.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4166 posts
6803 upvotes
Langley, BC
Luv2Deal wrote: Costco has a 100ft for about the same price.
Weighs about 400 pounds and is junk.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)