Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

B&D Portable Battery Booster $19.96 & Maintainer for $7.46

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2017 9:05 am
Tags:
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Can the battery maintainers be used for winter? I already got a engine block heater but would this help give the battery the power to cranck up in -30 or 40?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
There are 3-4 boosters left in Gatineau - in the tools section, close to the auto accessories, but in a standalone paper box. They were marked at $50, so that's why probably nobody looked at them
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well, TODAY I returned all 3 units I purchased on Friday :(
1 unit refused completely to charge. 1 other unit, charged fine, but after a complete charge, Tried charging my MotoG2, but it went red after charging about 50% of it. Considering the Moto G2 has a 2070mAh battery, figured there was not much juice left in these batteries :( 3rd unit, I didn't have time to test, but they all had the same date stamp, so I just took them all back...

Oh well.. I wanted to like these units, and the price was great. But no point in paying money for something that can't provide the juice you need, when you need it.. Guess I'll just buy some new SLA batteries to rebuild my existing larger boosters, which have worked flawlessly for the last 6 years...
May 23, 2015
437 posts
1161 upvotes
Ontario
Mmagic888 wrote: 4 boosters left at HD Kitchener East
A bunch of maintainers left but showing $19.xx, I'm sure they will PM Cambridge's price of 7.46
6 Chemical Guy buckets right at the entrance.
Kitchener east is the one on ottawa st? or gateway park?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
2118 posts
6128 upvotes
deep1600 wrote: Kitchener east is the one on ottawa st? or gateway park?
Gateway Park.

They were in bins in the middle of the tool section. A few maintainers were found in the the rack near the back section of the tools area as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
Emporium wrote: Well, TODAY I returned all 3 units I purchased on Friday :(
1 unit refused completely to charge. 1 other unit, charged fine, but after a complete charge, Tried charging my MotoG2, but it went red after charging about 50% of it. Considering the Moto G2 has a 2070mAh battery, figured there was not much juice left in these batteries :( 3rd unit, I didn't have time to test, but they all had the same date stamp, so I just took them all back...

Oh well.. I wanted to like these units, and the price was great. But no point in paying money for something that can't provide the juice you need, when you need it.. Guess I'll just buy some new SLA batteries to rebuild my existing larger boosters, which have worked flawlessly for the last 6 years...
Did you happen to notice the timestamp on the boxes? Mine says 2015 - not sure if this is the expiry date or the manufactured date... I will test mine and see if has the same issues
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Feb 4, 2013
45 posts
19 upvotes
Picked up maintainer at tuscany homedepot works great thanks op
Nov 18, 2006
659 posts
320 upvotes
Boosters look cleared out from Kitchener East store, inventory says a couple but staff could not find any, so think now just phantom stock.

Cambridge had one without box or the power brick , so didn't bother trying to barter for a deal.

Kitchener PM'ed the Cambridge price for the trickle charger.

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
Someone swiped the power brick from my box. What are the specs on it?
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
will888 wrote: I know it is lithium ion. The thing is very lightweight. I have a 10000 mAh power bank that weighs more. There are no specs on the box. I looked at the unit, no numbers there also. I checked the black and decker site, this model is not found. So, if someone wants a cheap but not so portable power bank, this may be a good buy.
Just few posts above yours:
SPECIFICATIONS
Input: 12 Volts DC, 750mA or 2A
Output: 14.5 Volts DC, 12A max.
Battery Type: Lithium-ion, 21.6 Volts DC, 2Ah
USB: 5 Volts DC, 2A
Area Light: 1 white LED
Fuse (12V DC Boosting/
Charging Cable): 15A

So you answer is there: 2Ah.

This is not meant to be a battery charger; rather using fast discharging cells - one time shot thingy.

Also, don't use the cigarette lighter to boost the battery - either boost on the terminals, or let it sit for 15 mins in the lighter, then remove it and then try starting.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
This unit has six 3.6V Lithium Ion battery cells connected in series to get the 21.6v, 2Ah output.

The output voltage for a cellphone power bank is most likely has multiple 3.6V Lithium Ion batteries connected in parallel to increase the output Ah capacity. When the same six cells connected in parallel, you get 3.6V, 12Ah(or 12000mAh) output.

The USB connection on this unit is a waste of energy to charge cellphone. Internally, there is circuitry to lower the charging voltage from 21.6V down for charging phone battery. The main function of this unit is to quickly charge a run down car battery so that you can start your car.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
djredhat wrote: Did you happen to notice the timestamp on the boxes? Mine says 2015 - not sure if this is the expiry date or the manufactured date... I will test mine and see if has the same issues

They were also 2015 on the box, which is why I was quite hopefull.. Don't remember if it was 2015 06 31 or 2015 12 31... But it was one of the 2...
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1497 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
I bought two, one for me and my brother and we both had the yellow/red flashing light after using these to charge cell phones (pokemon go). The yellow/red flashing light is a 'low voltage state,' the problem is the charger that came with the unit doesn't have enough juice to get it out of the low voltage state. I happened to have a brick charger laying around (from an aios video player I believe) that was able to get it out of its low voltage state. My brother had something around the house that worked as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2279 posts
2192 upvotes
nite4evr wrote:
6V / 12V battery maintainer
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.6v-- ... 12992.html
Original @ $29.98
Now's $7.46
Found the above for $18 (other Montreal area stores full @ price) on web showing in stock. Off I visited HD St Henri and was told one available but nowhere in sight. He added likely someone bought it and the store will update the inventory in 4 hrs time frame. Hahaha, I am doubtful.

Anyway, found the other deal Honeywell Water Leak Alarm (Reusable) for under $2.50 as I misplaced the receipt. 2 left near the plumbing section. This requires 9v battery.

Other deals ... see images below in the Electrical Section Liquidation Home Depot St Henri Montreal
Images
  • IMG_20160904_135051.jpg
  • IMG_20160904_135056.jpg
  • IMG_20160904_135137.jpg
“Ninety percent of all human wisdom is the ability to mind your own business.”
— Robert A. Heinlein
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1886 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Just want to report back that I got a chance to test Portable Battery Booster $19.96 and can confirm it worked to jumpstart my drained battery (had my lights on)!
Strongly suggest to do it via Clamp and not through the AC/DC cigarette slot (blew the fuse on me)

Super easy - now don't have to depend or wait for another car to jump start. Thanks Op again!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)