Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Battery Tender JR, 750 ma, 12 V - $17 @ Home Depot (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2018 4:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9686 posts
1782 upvotes

[Home Depot] Battery Tender JR, 750 ma, 12 V - $17 @ Home Depot (YMMV)

Another Home Depot yellow tag clearance deal.

Chatham store has the Battery Tender JR 12V, 750 mA battery maintainer, on sale for $17, normally $50.
Amazon and Canadian Tire have them for around $50 regular as well.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/batte ... 1940p.html
These are great for motorcycles, lawnmowers, marine batteries, atvs, even car batteries, that will be stored over time, keeps the battery charge topped up, then shuts down and periodically checks to see if a trickle charge is needed again.
A definite steal at $17, I didn't pick one up, as I am already using one of the Mastercraft Eliminator ones, but this is a smaller unit, simple plug and play. Comes with the clamps, and ring attachments. The rings are nice, as you can leave them connected at all times to your battery terminals, and during the riding season, unplug and tuck the cable away, not having to remove the rings from the battery at all.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.juni ... 46237.html
SKU is 1000846237 (thanks CMAG for pointing it out)
Last edited by jackass_ca on Feb 11th, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
68 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9686 posts
1782 upvotes
cmag wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 9:25 pm
The SKU# is 1000846237.
Here's the link it on the site: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.juni ... 46237.html

It shows $49.98 at the store near me. Great price if you can get one in your area for that.
Thanks, I never even thought to check their site, lol
It is showing $49.99 at stores near me as well and doesn't even show stock for Chatham, but I was there and they had 4 units at least.
If you get a chance, call a local store, this shows as in store only so wondering if price wouldn't be reflected because store level manager would change pricing? Not sure how accurate their system is.
Last edited by jackass_ca on Feb 11th, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Feb 16, 2013
629 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Great little charger. For that price it's a steal.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5730 posts
4019 upvotes
GTA
FYI, I saw this in the clearance section in the tool area for $17 as well at the Oakville, Bristol Circle location. I passed as I already have an intelligent charger.
Feb 28, 2016
85 posts
4 upvotes
I have one, it's a great little charger. Might go look for a second one.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9686 posts
1782 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:04 pm
This would be fine if you have a fully charged battery that is removed from the device. If you are connecting it to a car, the drain from the keep alive would rob the charger of fully keeping the battery charged.
Not sure it would have to be removed. This will maintain a car battery. If it is in storage, or in the garage over the winter, what is going to be draining in the car? Lights are off, ACC functions are off, the only thing that would be draining, would be the memory functions of the cars computer and stereo, etc.
Deltran advises that this can be used for maintaining car battery only, not charging, but that is the main point of these units, to tend to the battery.
http://www.batterytender.com/guide#nav-car

Oct 15, 2016
85 posts
104 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:04 pm
If you are connecting it to a car, the drain from the keep alive would rob the charger of fully keeping the battery charged.
Not so. I have a little charger like this (different band, similar specs) and it has no trouble keeping the battery topped up in cold weather, even if I've left the dome light on.

It can charge a totally dead battery to "eh maybe it'll start" in about 4 hours. From dead to full takes 12-24 hours.
Feb 28, 2016
85 posts
4 upvotes
I had my charger, just like the one in the OP, hooked up to my BMW during winter storage without any issue. I've also recovered some dead power sports batteries with it, it's not the ideal but it worked.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2454 posts
1086 upvotes
Calgary
good deal. I have 2 & I think I paid low $2x@ for them. I plug both my bikes with battery tenders & after 10yrs, both bikes still starts on a dime. get em & plug em Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1286 posts
582 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have one of these and a Ctek 4.3, and they are both very nice. I use the CTEK on my 72 Riviera to keep it topped up over the winter months. And the Tender Jr, I was using on my Father-in-laws civic, since he had gotten sick and barely used it. the CTEK is more advanced, and the recondition function has helped a few old batteries in it's lifetime, but price tag is a little higher also.

At $17, I'd definitely buy one, even to keep a a spare.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
7509 posts
2304 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
redbag wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:23 pm
Not so. I have a little charger like this (different band, similar specs) and it has no trouble keeping the battery topped up in cold weather, even if I've left the dome light on.

It can charge a totally dead battery to "eh maybe it'll start" in about 4 hours. From dead to full takes 12-24 hours.
As you said, this will charge a battery since the 750 mA should be more than the rate the battery normally self-discharges AND the drain from a car's electrical system when off.

However, I disagree with your statement of 'From dead to full takes 12-24 hours.'. The charger will only do 0.75A per hour so for a 45 Ahr battery (which is about average), you will need over 60 hours for a dead to full situation under ideal theoretical conditions (ie. the battery accepts a charge of 0.75 A throughout the 60 hours which doesn't happen in real life as the rate of charge when getting close to full slows down by a lot).