- One very nice guy from HD Customer Service (I don't want to mention the location since I don't want him to have any issues) sold me the Battery Tender Junior for $17.
- The picture from the OP first post helped a lot, although I still believe that it was a special case.
- I first called that location last night and I spoke with a lady. I told her that someone saw the item at $17 in Chatham and I said that I can show her a picture on my phone (I already had the picture saved on the phone at that time). To my surprise, she said that she does not necessary need to see the picture and that I can come in the morning (i.e. today) as she was putting one on hold for me. She took my name.
- This morning she was not in the store when I arrived.
- I asked one guy where can I find the battery chargers and he showed me the shelf.
- The item had a yellow price tag but for $40.
- Eventually, I went back to Customer Service and then I started talking with this super nice guy who came with me at the shelf. Then, in that conversation (the first HD guy was also in that area) they saw that the item was on sale/clearance and then they looked at the picture on my phone. It was at this point, when this nice guy said something like "we can do a price close to that, like $20). I said "OK, great! Thank you." and then they kind of concluded among themselves that they can match $17.
- Very unexpected but I am glad for my first ever device for battery maintenance. My car is now 8 years old and I think that it still has the OEM battery. I noticed that, when it was very cold, the battery was showing some signs of weakness but it was still starting with no problems.