Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Bernzomatic TS8000KC Torch Kit $49.98 (PM at Lowes)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2018 7:40 pm
[OP]
May 15, 2009
115 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] Bernzomatic TS8000KC Torch Kit $49.98 (PM at Lowes)

Hello,
Just saw this at my local Home Depot (Orleans, ON). Same price online and you get both the torch and MAP pro cylinder. I use it to sear my food after sous-vide cooking, but you can use for real work as well! I prefer the blue propane cylinder as it's less hot, but my friend uses this and finds it ok.

PM at Lowes ($109) to get a better deal!
64 replies
Jun 5, 2008
616 posts
362 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Good find, I've been looking at getting one for a while.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
3927 posts
9042 upvotes
Quebec
Terrific price!!!! Thx OP

To bad, I bought this one a month ago: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00008ZA0D
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1144 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
This is an awesome deal for a torch! I'm using the exact same one after sous vide my protein. Still deciding if I should get a searzall...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1074 posts
398 upvotes
Kitchener
wongjing wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:36 pm
Hello,
Just saw this at my local Home Depot (Orleans, ON). Same price online and you get both the torch and MAP pro cylinder. I use it to sear my food after sous-vide cooking, but you can use for real work as well! I prefer the blue propane cylinder as it's less hot, but my friend uses this and finds it ok.

PM at Lowes ($109) to get a better deal!
I thought lowes only price matches now. Is that not the case?
[OP]
May 15, 2009
115 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
keyser-soze wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 8:47 pm
I thought lowes only price matches now. Is that not the case?
Their price match policy

Price match for retail stores plus an additional 10%
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower every day or advertised price on an identical in-stock item (brand, size, model number) currently offered at any local retail competitor's store or website (including shipping, handling and fees, if applicable), we will match their price and beat it by 10% upon request.

Competitor close-out, errors or misprints, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, special order, damaged items, delivery, assembly, financing offers, Cyber Monday prices, Black Friday prices, Boxing Day/Week, restricted offers, short term door crashers, member only pricing, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, and limited or minimum quantity offers, and installation labour are excluded from this offer.
Dec 31, 2010
245 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal
Where do you guys store it in your
Kitchen?
Oct 16, 2005
584 posts
1 upvote
yellowmp5 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:31 pm
This is an awesome deal for a torch! I'm using the exact same one after sous vide my protein. Still deciding if I should get a searzall...
Definitely get the searzall...
Nov 22, 2016
26 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
Let's see if they drop the price on Black Friday, if not then boxing day. After all this time is another 2 months gonna matter?
Your RFD Rights
Your wallet has the right to remain closed.
Anything you pay full-price for can and will be used against you in the court of RFD.
You have the right to a Search Bar.
If you cannot find the Search Bar one will be pointed out to you.
Jun 17, 2003
585 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
yellowmp5 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:31 pm
Still deciding if I should get a searzall...
Sous vide + reverse sear is a fantastic technique but the trend attracts obsessive-compulsive types who fuss unnecessarily about 0.5º (in)accuracies and maybe-that-one-time thought they could taste the faintest hint of propane. The searzall was designed for them. It's an insanely expensive way to take a fast-searing technique (blow torch), disperse the heat and make it take 3 times as long. If you're searing more than one steak one, some of your guests' food will be cold before you get to the table.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1074 posts
398 upvotes
Kitchener
wongjing wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 9:06 pm
Their price match policy

Price match for retail stores plus an additional 10%
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower every day or advertised price on an identical in-stock item (brand, size, model number) currently offered at any local retail competitor's store or website (including shipping, handling and fees, if applicable), we will match their price and beat it by 10% upon request.

Competitor close-out, errors or misprints, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, special order, damaged items, delivery, assembly, financing offers, Cyber Monday prices, Black Friday prices, Boxing Day/Week, restricted offers, short term door crashers, member only pricing, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, and limited or minimum quantity offers, and installation labour are excluded from this offer.
Thanks, looks like they stopped beating online stores by 10%, that's what I was confused by.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
3967 posts
1268 upvotes
Oh you guys use this for cooking? Lol

2 pack of 14.1oz Map tanks is14.98 good price as well
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Oct 27, 2012
31 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. Price matched with Lowe’s and got it for 50.83 all in
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4641 posts
840 upvotes
Benzomatic ? A new medication ?