• Aug 23rd, 2017 1:04 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1146 posts
943 upvotes
Canada
dealswithit wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:20 pm
Repost. (Original post doesn't have the latest price in its title though, but the $50 price is mentioned in the thread)
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 6:17 pm
fyi, that thread is in the 'Expired Hot Deals' forum
home-depot-meadowvale-hd-blue-jays-chair-2111141/
Fyi, that thread is in the expired hot deals now but it wasn't expired earlier today when dealswith it mentioned. You even posted in that thread also.
No big deal though. Strange how it went to expired deals. Oh well
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1172 posts
77 upvotes
Brantford
Bought a pair of these a couple weeks ago at $100 each on clearance. Assembled them 2 days ago. These things are amazing. Really good quality. The sling fabric seating is also incredibly comfy. My wife and I absolutely love them.

I wouldn't blink twice for $50 each.
Images
  • IMG_6856.JPG
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15017 posts
3984 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just assembled mine and sat in it/had a drink to celebrate my success. Love it. Super comfortable.

The front panel that you screw in was a massive pita though. My hand is red as hell now.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1315 posts
336 upvotes
BC
scotty01 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:55 pm
Bought a pair of these a couple weeks ago at $100 each on clearance. Assembled them 2 days ago. These things are amazing. Really good quality. The sling fabric seating is also incredibly comfy. My wife and I absolutely love them.

Is the material designed to handle some rain (in BC, a LOT of rain)? I plan on having this on my deck that is partially covered, so its whatever blows in from the side. Chairs that I had out there for 5+ years (some sort of vinyl or plastic type material?) have black mold on them. Time for a trip to the dump...

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1172 posts
77 upvotes
Brantford
Timbo420 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:27 pm
Is the material designed to handle some rain (in BC, a LOT of rain)? I plan on having this on my deck that is partially covered, so its whatever blows in from the side. Chairs that I had out there for 5+ years (some sort of vinyl or plastic type material?) have black mold on them. Time for a trip to the dump...

Thanks
Hello

I honestly can't answer that question. My deck is completely uncovered and I'll just be leaving them on there through the rain and what not. Only time I'll put the chairs into covered storage will be the winter.

But regardless these things are heavy duty. It's no surprise that their regular price is $200 to $300 as they look and feel like an expensive chair. Exceptional quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1023 posts
154 upvotes
scotty01 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:55 pm

Do you know if the blue sling is reversible if you don't want the blue jays logo to show? TIA
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15017 posts
3984 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
kuzi wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:05 am
Do you know if the blue sling is reversible if you don't want the blue jays logo to show? TIA
Yeah it is. You just feed the sling through the top and bottom slats and then feed through a stick on each end to hold the sling in place.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Dec 16, 2011
808 posts
581 upvotes
Pointe Claire
nasa25 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:28 am
Yeah it is. You just feed the sling through the top and bottom slats and then feed through a stick on each end to hold the sling in place.
Might buy a couple now. What about the headrest? Would you still have that on the non Bluejays side?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15017 posts
3984 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:54 am
Might buy a couple now. What about the headrest? Would you still have that on the non Bluejays side?
Yes. Basically with the headrest you have two Velcro stickers that you apply to the back slat. Then you attach the pillow via the Velcro to the back slat. So the pillow attaches at the back and sits above the sling.

So first you attach the sling, apply the Velcro stickers to the back top slat and then Velcro attach the pillow to the back slat and drape it over the front.

If you look at the above pic you can get a sense of what I mean
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15017 posts
3984 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Only thing with turning the sling on the other side. I think you’ll still be able to see the blue jays logo. The material isn’t thick enough that it’ll be invisible on the other side.

Last edited by nasa25 on Aug 12th, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3495 posts
1049 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks OP. I was able to snag two of these chairs. I hope to get them together this afternoon.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1172 posts
77 upvotes
Brantford
Melkor wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:37 pm
Thanks OP. I was able to snag two of these chairs. I hope to get them together this afternoon.

As mentioned earlier, the instructions mention using a ROBERTSON bit to install 4 screws into the front piece. I wanted to however suggest doing as I did and use a cordless tool with a Robertson bit instead - to not only speed things up drastically, but also to eliminate wrist strain turning a manual screwdriver for some time.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15017 posts
3984 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
scotty01 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:41 pm
As mentioned earlier, the instructions mention using a ROBERTSON bit to install 4 screws into the front piece. I wanted to however suggest doing as I did and use a cordless tool with a Robertson bit instead - to not only speed things up drastically, but also to eliminate wrist strain turning a manual screwdriver for some time.
Yup. My forearm was hulk hogan sized after installing those 4 screws. Cordless is definitely the way to go for that. Especially if you’re assembling multiple chairs.
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1042 posts
665 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Website shows in stock in my local store
Price is not bad but looks a bit ugly....