• Aug 23rd, 2017 1:04 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1790 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
scotty01 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:55 pm
Bought a pair of these a couple weeks ago at $100 each on clearance. Assembled them 2 days ago. These things are amazing. Really good quality. The sling fabric seating is also incredibly comfy. My wife and I absolutely love them.

I wouldn't blink twice for $50 each.
Your pics make them look better than home depot's.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1790 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Do I need it? No. Do I want it? Yes.

I just don't think it's actually that portable. I would need mine to be.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14269 posts
3462 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
It’s not portable.

Also I’m trying to figure out ways to convince myself that I need more of these.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14269 posts
3462 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Ogata wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 4:54 pm
Is the sling removable while assembled or do I need to remove the bolts?
The sling is the last step of assembly. Has nothing to do with the assembly of the actual chair.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3399 posts
1010 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
well folks I returned mine. I cancelled the order in Burlington and returned my Hamilton mountain one. My wife sat in a display and didn't like it.

Happy wife, happy life right? lol
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1439 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:11 pm
well folks I returned mine. I cancelled the order in Burlington and returned my Hamilton mountain one. My wife sat in a display and didn't like it.

That's so damn right. Enough said
Apr 18, 2017
37 posts
3 upvotes
Ended up getting 2 for 20 each + tax. They only had floor models left!
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14269 posts
3462 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Melkor wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:11 pm

Yeah my woman doesn’t like my chair either. Good thing she won’t be sitting in it
Firebolt wrote:
Oct 9, 2001
796 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
xxxronjames wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 3:36 pm
Ended up getting 2 for 20 each + tax. They only had floor models left!
What location was this?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1171 posts
77 upvotes
Brantford
DaVibe wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 6:23 pm
Faux Wood? Aren't these things $50-100 at Costco?

Sorry, not interested in these plastic feeling chairs. Gotta pay the big bucks for the real thing unfortunately.
I also meant to reply to this post earlier. Faux wood is as good as it gets. These are not the plastic feel things as you describe. Instead these look and feel like real wood but are made of a composite plastic material. These will never rot or discolor like real wood. These are heavy duty. They are also foldable which makes winter storage a breeze. My wife and I sit in these every day on the deck. So comfortable.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1171 posts
77 upvotes
Brantford
Alekxqin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:20 pm
Website shows in stock in my local store
Price is not bad but looks a bit ugly....
Not ugly at all. Quite the opposite.
Images
  • IMG_6856.JPG
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13222 posts
969 upvotes
Toronto
scotty01 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 8:56 pm
I also meant to reply to this post earlier. Faux wood is as good as it gets. These are not the plastic feel things as you describe. Instead these look and feel like real wood but are made of a composite plastic material. These will never rot or discolor like real wood. These are heavy duty. They are also foldable which makes winter storage a breeze. My wife and I sit in these every day on the deck. So comfortable.
When it comes to these chairs, it's just not what I'm looking for, that's all. Just thought RFD'ers should know that these are also for sale at Costco (this style) but I can't remember the price, this is probably cheaper but this is also labelled with the Blue Jays (Costco's isn't lol)
I didn't want someone to think that they are saving hundreds of dollars (real wood) and getting these for $50. No, these are probably worth about $100-150 and you're getting them for $50, that's all I wanted to point out.

These chairs are for people who don't care and want the look and by the sounds of it, this plastic should last outdoors. I'm not knocking the deal. I'm just making people aware that these are "the fakes" lol
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13396 posts
283 upvotes
Midland
In Canada, this is known as a Muskoka chair.
Adirondack chair is what the Americans call it. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge