Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Bosch SHS5AV55UC 24-inch 46 dBA Ascenta Stainless Steel Dishwasher - $598

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 7:41 am
Oct 15, 2006
368 posts
71 upvotes
North Vancouver
I'd jump on this but I really wanted the cutlery tray instead of the bin. Our current bin has holes in the bottom and is basically useless.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5358 posts
9155 upvotes
Comox Valley, BC
danfromwaterloo wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:37 pm
To those interested:

I have a Bosch - very similar to this - that went on sale last year about this time. Here's my notes on it:

1. Noise: Very quiet. You can hear it, but it's a muffled background noise rather than something you'd have to turn up a TV or yell over. Noise was not a big determiner for me, but it's nice that it is quiet(ish).
2. Cleaning power: Very solid. Most things come out clean, except heavily soiled pots and pans.
3. Drying power: With the exception of bowls turned the wrong way or tops of mugs, everything comes out dry. I know they don't have heating elements in these anymore, but you won't notice it.
4. Rack layout: As mentioned above, poor. Not terrible or unmanageable, but generally, not good for bowls. Plates of all sizes, as well as glasses - fine. But those are easy.
5. Capacity: Moderate to low. I could get a lot more put into my previous dishwasher (and have it come out clean).
I have only run it twice, but I would agree with all your points (except I couldn't get alot more in my old dishwasher, just a little more...)
eternitybc wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 4:16 pm
I'd jump on this but I really wanted the cutlery tray instead of the bin. Our current bin has holes in the bottom and is basically useless.
Maybe you could you run food safe zip ties along the bottom to close the holes.
Oct 15, 2006
368 posts
71 upvotes
North Vancouver
Tried that. There's literally no bottoms on two of the sections though. The current dishwasher has other issues, like the buttons falling off the control panel, and it just doesn't clean. It's gotta go. I was eyeing the ones with the cutlery tray because that seems so nice.... not having to touch dirty spoon heads, just dump them in there.But hard to justify an extra $500 for that.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1233 posts
399 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Does that delivery fee include installation?

I have an old fridgedair from like 2003 and it is complete trash
Dec 26, 2006
442 posts
200 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 5:34 pm
Does that delivery fee include installation?

I have an old fridgedair from like 2003 and it is complete trash
Nope. Install is extra.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2301 posts
241 upvotes
North York
mtlmonk wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 4:15 pm
When you go online, although it says Delivery charges apply, if you actually add the dishwasher to the cart and do a checkout, the charge will become 0.01. At least that's what it was and that's what the CSR saw on their own
How do you price match online? Do you have to speak to a CSR at the same time while you put it in the cart?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1241 posts
456 upvotes
Laval
sheriffabc wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:23 am
How do you price match online? Do you have to speak to a CSR at the same time while you put it in the cart?
You place the order first. You call in, ask for price match. The CSR is supposed to run through the purchase process on HD's website. So at that point, when they checkout, they should see that the charge changes to 0.01$
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2301 posts
241 upvotes
North York
mtlmonk wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 8:56 am
You place the order first. You call in, ask for price match. The CSR is supposed to run through the purchase process on HD's website. So at that point, when they checkout, they should see that the charge changes to 0.01$
TY. So I place the order including delivery on BB's site. Call in for price match. However, on HD's site it says delivery charges apply. Wouldn't they see that?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1241 posts
456 upvotes
Laval
sheriffabc wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:30 am
TY. So I place the order including delivery on BB's site. Call in for price match. However, on HD's site it says delivery charges apply. Wouldn't they see that?
Please find all my previous posts on this thread
Jul 16, 2012
45 posts
11 upvotes
OAKVILLE
mtlmonk wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:46 am
How did you get the free shipping on the HD site?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1241 posts
456 upvotes
Laval
Again and again...

Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2005
1809 posts
15 upvotes
Scaborough
For me shipping charges show 49.98.
Have gone as far as entering all payment information and one click away from placing order.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2301 posts
241 upvotes
North York
mtlmonk wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:23 pm
Again and again...

Thanks for your help - placed as per your instructions - they agreed to pricematch - but said will take 24 hrs to show on website - hopefully it will show 0.01 for shipping
Jan 2, 2014
28 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks OP! Price matched with BestBuy and got it for 547 shipped. I was already looking to buy this model too! : D
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2301 posts
241 upvotes
North York
AWESOMEPANTS wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:33 pm
Thanks OP! Price matched with BestBuy and got it for 547 shipped. I was already looking to buy this model too! : D
Did the price matched price show in your order? Mine still shows the full price but they said it will take a couple of days - I don't know why - before it shows up at the price matched price.