Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Chamberlain B750C belt drive garage door opener with MyQ built in - $249.00 | PM at Lowe's for $224.1 + tax

Nov 6, 2018
69 posts
17 upvotes
I spent $250 on my Craftsman belt driven garage opener. Now Sears is gone and no more Craftsman. Is this a good replacement with new features?
Nov 6, 2018
69 posts
17 upvotes
sam100 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:10 am
Belt drive is bit quite
Yes it's very quiet. Mine has battery back up and battery is dead now. Sears is gone. Can I get replacement battery in USA Sears?
Dec 5, 2016
175 posts
24 upvotes
Would it get any cheaper than this? Wondering if I should wait for Black Friday deals..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6818 posts
2923 upvotes
ON
Jeantran wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:06 pm
Yes it's very quiet. Mine has battery back up and battery is dead now. Sears is gone. Can I get replacement battery in USA Sears?
Open it up and look at the battery size voltage and amp/hour output. I'm sure you can find an SLA(Sealed Lead Acid) battery that will work for a cheaper price to boot.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6818 posts
2923 upvotes
ON
carksey wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:14 pm
Craftsman now carried by Lowe's
It's called Craftsperson now in the name of equality and gender neutrality.
Dec 16, 2012
543 posts
172 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Serious question, I read that myQ was opening the garage door randomly, is this still the case? Or does it effect this unit?
Feb 4, 2009
269 posts
64 upvotes
Langley
dilligafeh wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:33 pm
It's called Craftsperson now in the name of equality and gender neutrality.
If you don't identify as a person, is there a X version available?
Jun 11, 2018
23 posts
11 upvotes
Does anyone recommend any economical choices for garage door installation?
May 1, 2004
652 posts
158 upvotes
Montreal
KillerX wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:33 pm
Serious question, I read that myQ was opening the garage door randomly, is this still the case? Or does it effect this unit?
I have the same unit and never experienced the issue. However, on rare occasions, I’ve had it notify me that the door opened right after it was closed, when in reality it never reopened. I circled back home to check and the door was definitely closed. It never happened again after I power cycled the unit.
Dec 25, 2015
56 posts
37 upvotes
Markham, ON
kunamvahees wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:33 am
How quite? Our current t garage is loud and I'm going to change the door soon. Other than being quite, no other benefits?
It's quite quiet.
Fido 3GB/$0 + TextNow App = Free Unlimited Global Texting/NA Calling
FreePhoneLine + Obi200 = Free Unlimited Canada-Wide Home Phone
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6818 posts
2923 upvotes
ON
jsblee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:37 pm
Does anyone recommend any economical choices for garage door installation?
DIY !!
Nov 17, 2010
353 posts
94 upvotes
Edmonton
Quiet /kwaɪət/ and quite /kwaɪt/ are spelt and pronounced differently, and have different meanings.

Quiet is an adjective meaning ‘making very little noise’ or ‘having little activity or excitement’:

The children are very quiet. I wonder what they’re doing? Shall I go and see?

It’s a very quiet, peaceful village and we love living there.

Okay back to the garage door opener.

Quite is an adverb which usually means ‘a little or a lot, but not completely’:

I’ve been quite busy this week. I hope things are not so busy next week.
Dec 7, 2009
802 posts
93 upvotes
Any idea how long this price will last for? I don't see it as part of the HD flyer.

I'm going to have my door replaced in a couple of weeks, and the installer has offered to install a new opener if I wish (at a cost). I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading an old chain drive Genie (brand) garage door opener. From what I understand from my installer, Genie ain't that great. Chamberlain would probably be better. Just don't know if I want to replace something that isn't broken.