Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Chamberlain B750C belt drive garage door opener with MyQ built in - $249.00 | PM at Lowe's for $224.1 + tax

Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2308 posts
2726 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Did you guys have to PM online? Went to Lowe's and they won't PM because there's none in stock at home Depot. (From London to Mississauga)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1314 posts
399 upvotes
Winnipeg
I might have too pick this up, belt drive is getting noisy or should I say noisier.
This seems to be a pretty good deal.
I'll think about it over night
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26398 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote: Did you guys have to PM online? Went to Lowe's and they won't PM because there's none in stock at home Depot. (From London to Mississauga)
I did the PM in store at Lowes in Maple with a PM to Home Depot in Richmond Hill.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
Thanks OP. Perfect timing , was looking to buy one this weekend. As a side note , I would just PM at Lowe’s and not ask for the extra 10%. Right now at Lowe’s if you spend 250 you get a coupon for $50 off your next purchase between nov 14-28 or something like that . Just an FYI
Dec 5, 2016
274 posts
56 upvotes
Just picked one up with the price match at Lowe's. Thanks OP!
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
Just picked it up with the 10 percent price beat.

No fuss.

Sales tried to sell me the 1/2 hp chain drive that was on sale for $200 (down from $320).

He looked at me funny when I ignored his advice and went for the expensive one.
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
Any recommendations for installers in the Montreal area?
Emporium wrote: I have a Liftmaster belt drive (similar to chamberlain, except it is the commercial version and tracks are usually one piece instead of multiple pieces)
Aside from Liftmaster's solid rail vs Chamberlain's split-rail, are there other concrete differences in quality? Installers claim Liftmaster's quality is much better and that Chamberlain's strong HP rating is meaningless since their allegedly cheaper consumer grade components are what will fail, even though both are made by the same company.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fizikz wrote: Any recommendations for installers in the Montreal area?

Aside from Liftmaster's solid rail vs Chamberlain's split-rail, are there other concrete differences in quality? Installers claim Liftmaster's quality is much better and that Chamberlain's strong HP rating is meaningless since their allegedly cheaper consumer grade components are what will fail, even though both are made by the same company.
Well, myself and my in-laws have Liftmaster units, and we have not had any issues. Only reason we have Liftmaster units, is because they were a bundle deal by the installer, when I had the garage doors replaced at the same time.
Chamberlain... I replaced my sister's unit about 2 years ago, and it was to replace another chamberlain unit (chain drive however) which was barely 5 years old. Reason for replacing it was that sometimes it would not open the door (remote or control panel). Initially, a tap on the motor box would be enough to get it working, but eventually there was nothing to do. Apparently it was the logic board that needed to be replaced. Not worth the hassle, and she wanted something quieter anyhow. Now... was she just unlucky,...maybe... However one thing I see a lot online about chamberlain units, is phantom openings, where the door opens on it's own. Some people claim it is due to crappy electronics in the main control panel. Others say it is the myQ wireless features causing the issue. I have no clue.

Here are just 2 examples:
https://myqcommunity.chamberlain.com/ch ... om-opening
https://myqcommunity.chamberlain.com/ch ... -by-itself

Now for horsepower ratings, that is useless really. A properly balanced garage door, regardless of single or double should easily be able to be operated even with a 1/2 HP motor (or equivalent) easily. Even a child should be able to operate it safely with opener disconnected. Now if the door is not balanced, or springs are worn out (extension springs or torsion springs), it will put a load on the motor, but that should be corrected by fixing the source of the problem (the springs), not by just using a bigger motor.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
azncapcom wrote: does this come with rail that supports 8 feet garage doors, or need to buy extension kit?
According to the manual, on page 3, "Rails extension kit is needed if your garage door is more than 7ft (2.13M) high."
Jun 26, 2008
117 posts
86 upvotes
BC
Sicklyslick wrote: Hmmm battery backup vs WiFi Thinking FaceThinking Face
Wifi no question. Have this model and paired it with several wifi light switches and outlet plugs. This lets me control a number of lights (switched and plugged in) using either the Chamberlain app or through iOS Home. Using iOS Home means voice control, without a dedicated home based control system. (Google Home/Alexa/etc)

Wifi also lets you set configurable alerts if for example your garage door is left open over a certain time, or is opened at all (like at night or when you're away).
I use these features multiple times a day.

I had battery backup on a previous door opener, and never used it. It was really only useful during a power outage, and unless there isn't another door into your garage, you can always quickly disengage the motor and open manually anyway.

Other than the app connection to iOS Home being finicky every once in a while, I absolutely love the wifi functionality and would recommend this opener.
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
Emporium wrote: Now for horsepower ratings, that is useless really. A properly balanced garage door, regardless of single or double should easily be able to be operated even with a 1/2 HP motor (or equivalent) easily. Even a child should be able to operate it safely with opener disconnected. Now if the door is not balanced, or springs are worn out (extension springs or torsion springs), it will put a load on the motor, but that should be corrected by fixing the source of the problem (the springs), not by just using a bigger motor.
This is exactly what every installer says. In fact our old heavy wooden double garage door has been opening with a 1/3 HP Manaras opener (rebranded Liftmaster I think) for at least 30 years. I'm also fairly confident the reason it broke is because the door needs maintenance and is really difficult to open right now. I'm torn between a new Chamberlain or just having the old reliable one repaired.

As for the logic board and myQ wireless issues, that is concerning and I've seen the same complaints about Liftmaster units too. After all, the myQ tech is the same for both. On one hand the rolling code security is good for peace of mind compared to the insecure old models, on the other hand if they open on their own it's not really a step up in security, is it? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fizikz wrote: This is exactly what every installer says. In fact our old heavy wooden double garage door has been opening with a 1/3 HP Manaras opener (rebranded Liftmaster I think) for at least 30 years. I'm also fairly confident the reason it broke is because the door needs maintenance and is really difficult to open right now. I'm torn between a new Chamberlain or just having the old reliable one repaired.

As for the logic board and myQ wireless issues, that is concerning and I've seen the same complaints about Liftmaster units too. After all, the myQ tech is the same for both. On one hand the rolling code security is good for peace of mind compared to the insecure old models, on the other hand if they open on their own it's not really a step up in security, is it? Face With Tears Of Joy
I've not an installer. My door and openers were installed by a big reputable local installer (they do mostly commercial). But I noticed a huge difference when I changed my door. I used to have a double width solid wooden door, and the extension springs were HUGE on that thing. But they were quite old also (from before I had bought the house). There was no way to open that door easily by hand. And it definitely did not stay up, unless it was ALL the way up. When one of those springs snaps (and no safety cables), your life flashes by in split second. I had the door replaced, but this time I went for torsion springs overhead. Double door, and I can open it with 2 fingers.. And halfway up, you can let go, and it will stay there. There is really NOT much force required to lift it.

My Liftmaster does not have the MyQ technology and I've had it for 7yrs (maybe a little longer) and I haven't had any phantom openings. And I have one of my security cameras (my oldest crappy one) in the garage and I check on it sometimes. Especially sometimes I forget if I closed the door :)
My sister's chamberlain is only 2 yrs old, but no issues yet. She chose NOT to install the myQ gateway, so we'll see if it makes a difference. Once nice thing that I like on the Chamberlain is the option to set a TTC (time to close) which I set for 30 minutes. So that way, if you forget the door open and leave, the door will close after 30 minutes automatically.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
gadgetct wrote: Quiet /kwaɪət/ and quite /kwaɪt/ are spelt and pronounced differently, and have different meanings.

Quiet is an adjective meaning ‘making very little noise’ or ‘having little activity or excitement’:

The children are very quiet. I wonder what they’re doing? Shall I go and see?

It’s a very quiet, peaceful village and we love living there.

Okay back to the garage door opener.

Quite is an adverb which usually means ‘a little or a lot, but not completely’:

I’ve been quite busy this week. I hope things are not so busy next week.
If you think you are going to get thumbs up with your English lesson let me tell you, you are quiet wrong.
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
Emporium wrote: I've not an installer. My door and openers were installed by a big reputable local installer (they do mostly commercial). But I noticed a huge difference when I changed my door. I used to have a double width solid wooden door, and the extension springs were HUGE on that thing. But they were quite old also (from before I had bought the house). There was no way to open that door easily by hand. And it definitely did not stay up, unless it was ALL the way up. When one of those springs snaps (and no safety cables), your life flashes by in split second. I had the door replaced, but this time I went for torsion springs overhead. Double door, and I can open it with 2 fingers.. And halfway up, you can let go, and it will stay there. There is really NOT much force required to lift it.

My Liftmaster does not have the MyQ technology and I've had it for 7yrs (maybe a little longer) and I haven't had any phantom openings. And I have one of my security cameras (my oldest crappy one) in the garage and I check on it sometimes. Especially sometimes I forget if I closed the door :)
My sister's chamberlain is only 2 yrs old, but no issues yet. She chose NOT to install the myQ gateway, so we'll see if it makes a difference. Once nice thing that I like on the Chamberlain is the option to set a TTC (time to close) which I set for 30 minutes. So that way, if you forget the door open and leave, the door will close after 30 minutes automatically.
Care to mention the installer?

Yes, your old solid wooden double door with extension springs sound exactly like my setup. And I think one of them broke many years ago and both were replaced. Very scary..

MyQ seems really convenient (especially if you don't have a security camera) but the added complexity is one more thing that can fail. TTC is nice, though you have no way to verify with that feature alone.

The features (belt driven, battery backup, TTC, safety sensors, wifi, motion activated lights, etc) on these newer openers are appealing, but I wish reliability/failure stats were available. Not sure if these will last decades like the original equipment in houses. So it's not clear to me if getting a new consumer featured opener, or repairing original old equipment (likely Liftmasters with solid Tee rails) is the better option. Of course when replacing the whole door, that's another matter, especially as the opener (again usually Liftmaster) is often bundled.
Nov 17, 2010
364 posts
102 upvotes
Edmonton
WL1980 wrote: If you think you are going to get thumbs up with your English lesson let me tell you, you are quiet wrong.
Man are you a bit sensitive? I only do COPY and Paste from internet, so I don't need your Fuxxing thumb.
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
deal still on.

I got 2 single garage doors.

installed the first one I bought today. Took a while but its done.

Since its such a good deal I'm probably going to get a second one to match.