Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Chamberlain B750C belt drive garage door opener with MyQ built in - $249.00 | PM at Lowe's for $224.1 + tax

Nov 6, 2018
69 posts
17 upvotes
jsblee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:37 pm
Does anyone recommend any economical choices for garage door installation?
Best is to ask friends referral. Also make sure add steel on top of garage door. I need redo the steel job because first installer didn't. And it stop working after all be winter.
Jul 21, 2015
393 posts
263 upvotes
North York, ON
Thanks Op, ordered one with PM with lowes.

Gonna return the one i orderes one month ago. Saved another 30+ bucks.
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2008
2533 posts
3376 upvotes
Langley, BC
kunamvahees wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:33 am
How quite? Our current t garage is loud and I'm going to change the door soon. Other than being quite, no other benefits?
I went from chain to belt and the room above the garage is now basically silent when opening the double wide garage... before it shook like a mofo.

best $ spent on a new home :)
Dec 5, 2016
194 posts
25 upvotes
sghgigi wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:42 pm
Thanks Op, ordered one with PM with lowes.

Gonna return the one i orderes one month ago. Saved another 30+ bucks.
Did you PM online and have to call in?
Feb 2, 2015
330 posts
463 upvotes
Calgary, AB
KillerX wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:33 pm
Serious question, I read that myQ was opening the garage door randomly, is this still the case? Or does it effect this unit?
From my understanding, this is something to do with the optional myQ Wifi hub, and the phone app that controls the door.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1598 posts
1111 upvotes
Waterloo
Do i need to buy myQ wifi thing to use this device with my phone or it's not needed?
Jan 18, 2017
259 posts
211 upvotes
Thanks OP! My 32 year old chain opener just snapped a gear today! This is perfect timing!

Going to pick one up today!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1867 posts
1241 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kunamvahees wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:33 am
How quite? Our current t garage is loud and I'm going to change the door soon. Other than being quite, no other benefits?
I have a Liftmaster belt drive (similar to chamberlain, except it is the commercial version and tracks are usually one piece instead of multiple pieces) and it replaced an old Craftsman chain drive. It was super quiet compared to my old chain drive. I was always skeptical with Belt drives back in the days, but then when they switched to lifetime warranties on the belts, I figured, nothing to lose. My opener is an older model (I installed it a few years ago), and it does use a standard AC motor, so there is some vibrations from the sudden start/stop actions. BUT I installed a newer Chamberlain unit for my sister about 2 years ago (similar to this one), and this one is practically silent. Many of the new ones, come with DC motors (you can check on Chamberlain web site - the B750C does have DC motor). This makes all the difference. The motor starts real slowly, so no jerking movements or vibrations, then speeds up to open, and then slows down again as it nears full open. So there is no abrupt vibrations from the start/stop.
Jeantran wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:06 pm
Yes it's very quiet. Mine has battery back up and battery is dead now. Sears is gone. Can I get replacement battery in USA Sears?
Most of these Garage door openers using DC motors and integrated Battery backups use standard 12V SLA batteries with F1 terminals (like alarm systems, UPS, etc..). You don't need to buy craftsman batteries. For example, the Chamberlain C730C uses a 12V 5Ah battery. So anything from 12V 4Ah to 12V 7Ah is common on these units. I don't know where you live, but in Montreal, you can easily find these batteries at places like Addison or Madisson electronics shops or many others. Otherwise, Magnacharge, definitely carries them. Remove your existing battery and check what you have in your model. They sell anywhere from $17 to $30 depending on where you buy them.
Nov 6, 2018
69 posts
17 upvotes
Emporium wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:03 pm

Most of these Garage door openers using DC motors and integrated Battery backups use standard 12V SLA batteries with F1 terminals (like alarm systems, UPS, etc..). You don't need to buy craftsman batteries. For example, the Chamberlain C730C uses a 12V 5Ah battery. So anything from 12V 4Ah to 12V 7Ah is common on these units. I don't know where you live, but in Montreal, you can easily find these batteries at places like Addison or Madisson electronics shops or many others. Otherwise, Magnacharge, definitely carries them. Remove your existing battery and check what you have in your model. They sell anywhere from $17 to $30 depending on where you buy them.
Thanks. Get it.

I buy alarm battery from amazon.com and ship Freeport forwarding in border town Champlain.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1598 posts
1111 upvotes
Waterloo
Did you guys have to PM online? Went to Lowe's and they won't PM because there's none in stock at home Depot. (From London to Mississauga)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1198 posts
283 upvotes
Winnipeg
I might have too pick this up, belt drive is getting noisy or should I say noisier.
This seems to be a pretty good deal.
I'll think about it over night
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1223 posts
1111 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:50 pm
Did you guys have to PM online? Went to Lowe's and they won't PM because there's none in stock at home Depot. (From London to Mississauga)
I did the PM in store at Lowes in Maple with a PM to Home Depot in Richmond Hill.
Jun 25, 2017
400 posts
145 upvotes
Thanks OP. Perfect timing , was looking to buy one this weekend. As a side note , I would just PM at Lowe’s and not ask for the extra 10%. Right now at Lowe’s if you spend 250 you get a coupon for $50 off your next purchase between nov 14-28 or something like that . Just an FYI