Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

CREE Connected 60W Equivalent Daylight (5000K) A19 Dimmable LED (Wink, ZigBee, ST)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2016 2:23 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
payam1981 wrote:
keyser-soze wrote: Just bought a bunch and they applied the 3$ off coupon to the 6.16 price. Thus they were $3.16.
That's great. My location had all the eligible SKUs programmed in their POS system so no chance for 'mistakenly' applying the coupons.
yeah was purely luck... the lady at the self checkout didnt want to help me as the coupons would take forever and sent me to lumber section - she had them there and applied them. Got 10 for around $35.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
A few comment... I picked up 5 today but I will be returning them because the colour is too bright.

Plus my wife don't like the colour.

They didn't take the $3 coupons because it's not on their list.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
SleepyEyez wrote: A few comment... I picked up 5 today but I will be returning them because the colour is too bright.

Daylight bulbs are ideal for outdoor use or maybe garage or other unfinished areas.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Puff wrote: Picked one up on the weekend to try hooking up with my Hue bridge. Looks like a recent Hue update broke pairing ability with 3rd party bulbs but Hue devs are working on it. No status update yet on when pairing will be restored.

That being said, it's a nice bright white and not as harsh as other daylight whites - at least it seems easier on the eyes that some other 5000k ones.

Good lumens as well - though I don't have a light meter to quantify it.
Ya,I tried everything and it didn't work with my Hue hub,I don't know if I should keep them now
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
2 of the 4 1st generation CREE's I purchased failed within a year. I think heat may have been an issue. A 3rd I broke. The 4th... I use in a work light that is seldom on but completely open to air.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
payam1981 wrote:
SleepyEyez wrote: A few comment... I picked up 5 today but I will be returning them because the colour is too bright.

Daylight bulbs are ideal for outdoor use or maybe garage or other unfinished areas.
I saw a good deal... I jump on the opportunity now I have to return..

I really wanted the Philips Hue deal from last week but i snooze too long.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Puff wrote: In regards to the pairing with Hue, looks like Philips has a hotfix that they're rolling out. Canada should get it at latest by next week.

http://www.developers.meethue.com/conte ... -cree-bulb

I'll check later when I get home if it's available yet.
Thanks for the heads up,nothing available yet.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
They refused coupon at Oakville. They had a lot of stock left. How to use coupon ...
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
zdpz wrote: They refused coupon at Oakville. They had a lot of stock left. How to use coupon ...
The coupon shouldn't be accepted on this bulb,so forget the coupon,the price is already good at this price.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1005 posts
566 upvotes
GTA
For anyone with Rogers Smart Home Monitoring, these bulbs are not supported by the system.

Rogers uses Zigbee as well and it sees the lightbulb, but there's a big 'X' saying unsupported.
Nov 17, 2005
386 posts
57 upvotes
Does any one know if you can you control the bulbs without any hub? ( wink, Zigbee etc..)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
blkm3 wrote: Does any one know if you can you control the bulbs without any hub? ( wink, Zigbee etc..)
Yes with a regular light switch.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
Just back from the Darmouth HD. Computer says 50 in stock. Not to be found.

Turns out they were pulled yesterday to RTV (return to vendor). Had a long talk with the store manager. This is not a case of employees scooping a great deal. HD employees are not allowed to buy anything on clearance. Automatic firing.

Doesn't stop them from calling a friend though.

Can't find anything about any recall on these.
Nov 17, 2005
386 posts
57 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
blkm3 wrote: Does any one know if you can you control the bulbs without any hub? ( wink, Zigbee etc..)
Yes with a regular light switch.

besides the physical light switch. Would this be able to control the bulb within a local network without the hub? I am not looking for remote access for outside the local network? does anyone have a recommendation on another bulb that will do this?
Aug 15, 2005
112 posts
161 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
The bulb communicates with the ZigBee protocol, so you will need to control it with some device with native ZigBee network support (a raspberry pi with appropriate ZigBee addon board and programming, a Connected Bulb Remote, etc.), or through a device that translates between ZigBee and another network protocol such as wifi 802.11x or Ethernet (I.E. a hub like Wink, SmartThings, etc.)

If you want remote control of the bulbs without a hub but using something similar to a light switch which is not hardwired, you can use the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote to control ZigBee bulbs without any other hub controller. You pair the remote with the bulb (or multiple bulbs) on setup, then use the remote to control the bulb(s) wirelessly with the ZigBee signal (on/off and brighten/dim). You can have the same remote control multiple bulbs, or multiple remotes control the same bulb(s)
This is available from Home Depot as well.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.conn ... 36127.html
This is normally a hand-held remote, but you can get a wallplate adapter to mount it like a light switch in a backbox:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.case ... 20942.html
This will mount in 1 gang of a standard Decora-style faceplate.
This remote is the same form factor as their Pico remotes and can use other Pico mounting accessories such as a car visor clip or a tabletop pedestal.

Info on the connected bulb remote (including pairing information) is on the Lutron site
http://www.lutron.com/en-US/general/Pag ... ntrol.aspx
Mar 7, 2002
44 posts
20 upvotes
I grabbed nearly 20 of these from various stores in Scarborough last week.

The Hue Bridge firmware update with the hotfix for Cree bulbs came down this morning and it works now. Awesome! This timing was so perfect alongside that Hue Starter Kit sale...

Unless they were returned to vendor (per a previous post), the Ellesmere/Warden store may still have at least 6 hiding up in the sealed boxes above the displays.. I had to really look around for the HD SKU # (1000837607) to spot it, and then requested an Associate to retrieve it with their ladder.
Jul 16, 2002
294 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
Confirmed as well. Got the update and my Cree Connected now works with the Hue.
Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!
Apr 1, 2008
41 posts
8 upvotes
Checked HD Peterborough, spot on shelf was empty, did not see any overstock boxes above with the proper code on them.