Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

CREE Connected 60W Equivalent Daylight (5000K) A19 Dimmable LED (Wink, ZigBee, ST)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2016 2:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] CREE Connected 60W Equivalent Daylight (5000K) A19 Dimmable LED (Wink, ZigBee, ST)

Certain Home Depot locations have the CREE Connected A19 LED Bulbs on clearance for $6.16 now. Previously set at $19.97 (and some locations had lowered it to $9.99)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.conn ... 37607.html

Check with your local store for availability. The soft white model is still at regular price. Not on clearance.

Most compatible connected LED bulb. Works with Wink, WeMo Link, SmartThings, and ZigBee hubs.
Brightness: 815 lumens
Color Temperature: 5000K / Daylight
Energy Used: 11.5 Watts (equivalent to a 60-Watt standard incandescent light bulb)
Life: 22.8 years / 25,000 hours (based on 3 hours/day)
Last edited by krazykanuck on Oct 24th, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
53 replies
Jul 16, 2002
294 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
Picked one up on the weekend to try hooking up with my Hue bridge. Looks like a recent Hue update broke pairing ability with 3rd party bulbs but Hue devs are working on it. No status update yet on when pairing will be restored.

That being said, it's a nice bright white and not as harsh as other daylight whites - at least it seems easier on the eyes that some other 5000k ones.

Good lumens as well - though I don't have a light meter to quantify it.
Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Why is it so cheap, is it a lower model, ie like a revision lower than the newer ones? Speaking in regards to connecting them to automation systems, etc...
Jun 24, 2016
26 posts
86 upvotes
They are actually much cheaper in store. At Walmart, you can get them for 0.99 each with a gov't coupon that expires at ~end of October. At Home Depot, you can get them for $2 with the same coupon. Both stores have huge amount of coupons.

Walmart has a transaction limit of 5, but they didn't seem to care if you went right back to get 5 more immediately after the first purchase.
Last edited by cQuasi on Oct 24th, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
vodka wrote: Why is it so cheap, is it a lower model, ie like a revision lower than the newer ones? Speaking in regards to connecting them to automation systems, etc...
Most likely slow moving stock. Another store I went to had them marked down to $9.99 previously with a red manager sticker stating high inventory count...
Dec 13, 2015
11 posts
4 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
cQuasi wrote: They are actually much cheaper in store. At Walmart, you can get them for 0.99 each with a gov't coupon that expires at ~end of October. At Home Depot, you can get them for $2 with the same coupon. Both stores have huge amount of coupons.

Walmart has a transaction limit of 5, but they didn't seem to care if you went right back to get 5 more immediately after the first purchase.
Ontario's coupon?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
cQuasi wrote: They are actually much cheaper in store. At Walmart, you can get them for 0.99 each with a gov't coupon that expires at ~end of October. At Home Depot, you can get them for $2 with the same coupon. Both stores have huge amount of coupons.

Say what? Do you have a link to back this up? Or are you confusing Zigbee enabled bulbs with other bulbs. I have never to date heard that Zigbee enabled bulbs can be had for $0.99. If that was true it would be a HUGE DEAL.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Jan 23, 2010
251 posts
14 upvotes
YMMV but they are also located at many Habitat for Humanity stores for $5 each and the proceeds go to charity.

YMMV on locations but 2 I went to today in the GTA(ish) area's had them.
RFD'ers to avoid:
EEE2 - Will string you along for 2 weeks, offer to EMT a deposit but then never follow through with buying anything
TrevorBurns - Backs out of deals at the last minute after stringing you along.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
brunes wrote:

Say what? Do you have a link to back this up? Or are you confusing Zigbee enabled bulbs with other bulbs. I have never to date heard that Zigbee enabled bulbs can be had for $0.99. If that was true it would be a HUGE DEAL.
If this coupon works:
http://www.hydroone.com/MyHome/SaveEner ... ED_ENG.pdf

It could make these things @ $1.16 each for Ontario residents.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Just bought a bunch and they applied the 3$ off coupon to the 6.16 price. Thus they were $3.16.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
whats the vampire load on these things, Im assuming they're sucking energy even while off in order to be "connected"? 2watts?
Last edited by I RFD on Oct 24th, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
krazykanuck wrote:
brunes wrote:

If this coupon works:

$3 off for these since they are A.

$5 off are for non A, I believe.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Corellon wrote: YMMV but they are also located at many Habitat for Humanity stores for $5 each and the proceeds go to charity.

YMMV on locations but 2 I went to today in the GTA(ish) area's had them.
These exact Cree Connected ones?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Jan 23, 2010
251 posts
14 upvotes
As far as I could tell 60W Equiv (11.5W real) daylight connected bulbs, Zigbee or wink app, Dimable, and are the same type as the ones I got for use on the front lights of my house (The ability to set a schedule for the lights is a major bonus, plus it adjusts for the daily changed to sunset / sunrise, I have it set to turn on the lights 20 minutes before sunset and leave them on until 20 minutes after sunrise and it will adjust through all the times in the year and daylight savings time, etc)
RFD'ers to avoid:
EEE2 - Will string you along for 2 weeks, offer to EMT a deposit but then never follow through with buying anything
TrevorBurns - Backs out of deals at the last minute after stringing you along.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3441 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP, they have limited stocks in Winnipeg, but when I went to Homedepot the rack was empty, but I looked around and found two on a different shelf... so I continued walking around looking for any stragglers as they might be some more in some other area.... by the time I came back, there was another rack on the shelf around 10 pieces more... the UPC was different and wasn't able to get any price but when I scanned it at the self checkout it was coming up at the same price $6.16...

There was a couple more left but don't think it will last...
Jun 24, 2016
26 posts
86 upvotes
brunes wrote:

My apologies, they are not Zigbee enabled. They are Globe LED for life, 60 Watt, A19 and non-dimmable. They were priced at $3.44 and with the Ontario coupon, they ended up being 0.99 each (the lowest value the coupon's would allow)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
Now when are they stocking the new CREE SA19 LED bulbs? Contacted Cree Canada and they told me they have no plans right now
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
I RFD wrote: whats the vampire load on these things, Im assuming they're sucking energy even while off in order to be "connected"? 2watts?
The standby load is minuscule at 300 mW per this FAQ.

We're talking approximately a buck a year per bulb!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
keyser-soze wrote:
krazykanuck wrote:
brunes wrote:
If this coupon works:

$3 off for these since they are A.

$5 off are for non A, I believe.
Thanks OP for this fantastic find! Managed to pick up 5 at my local HD in the clearance section. Now have to just wait for the 2700K ones to drop!

BTW, the EcoEnergy coupons won't work as these are not Energy Star nor are they on the approved list but it's still a great deal at this price point.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
keyser-soze wrote: Just bought a bunch and they applied the 3$ off coupon to the 6.16 price. Thus they were $3.16.
That's great. My location had all the eligible SKUs programmed in their POS system so no chance for 'mistakenly' applying the coupons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)