• Jul 25th, 2017 10:55 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
3524 posts
711 upvotes

Home Depot Data Breach Settlement

Just received email. Looks legit. There is a claim ID which I obviously did not post.

Lozanski v. Home Depot Credit Monitoring Instructions
We are the Claims Administrator for the Court-approved settlement in the Home Depot data breach class action in Canada (Lozanski v. Home Depot, et al.)

You are a Settlement Class Member in that lawsuit, and you submitted a Claim Form for free Credit Monitoring Services as a share of the class action settlement proceeds.

(If you did not file such a Claim Form, you may ignore this message.)

Your Claim for Credit Monitoring Services has been accepted, and this message provides you with the necessary information to register to receive that Service, at no cost to you.

The credit monitoring service provider is Equifax Canada, and the link below describes the coverage details for the “Complete Advantage” subscription package to which you are entitled:

http://www.consumer.equifax.ca/advantage-ca/en_ca

To begin receiving coverage, and to receive reimbursement for the cost of coverage, you must complete two steps.

First, you must sign up with Equifax and create an account. You will be asked to provide your credit card information when you sign up. Equifax will immediately charge your card $16.95 for the first month of the “Complete Advantage” subscription coverage. You can sign up by accessing this link:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/canada ... code=en_ca

Second, you must then provide us, as the Claims Administrator, with proof of registration/payment (e.g. credit card statement, or receipt, showing the Equifax charge), as follows:

1. download the Reimbursement Form available at http://www.canadahomedepotdatabreachsettlement.com/ and print it out.

2. Fill out the form with your name and address and the unique Claim ID that was assigned to you. This number can be found at the top of this email.

3. Attach your proof of registration (your credit card statement or receipt) to the Reimbursement Form and mail them both to:

Home Depot Breach Canada
PO Box 4454
Toronto Station A 25 The Esplanade
Toronto, ON M5W 4B1

You must provide us with that proper documentation so that we receive it by June 23, 2017. Letters received after that date will not be processed.

Upon receipt of the proper documentation, we will mail you a cheque for the cost of coverage for the first month, plus an additional 6 (six) months (at $16.95/month). The commitment by Home Depot to fund coverage for 7 months for all approved claimants for Credit Monitoring Service – rather than 6 months coverage – exceeds its responsibilities under the Court Order approving the settlement of the class action.

Please note: when you register for the Equifax Complete Advantage subscription service, you will be authorizing Equifax to make an automatic charge to your credit card for $16.95 every month, unless you cancel your subscription by calling Equifax at1-800-871-3250, 8am - 12am EST. Please ensure that you properly cancel coverage prior to the end of the 7th month, or you assume sole responsibility (not Home Depot) for the ongoing monthly payments for the Complete Advantage Service. For instance, if you activate your subscription on June 1, 2017, you must phone Equifax and cancel your subscription prior to December 31, 2017 or you, and not Home Depot, will assume the cost of the service thereafter.
Last edited by angel_wing0 on May 24th, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title
44 replies
Dec 13, 2010
749 posts
193 upvotes
ON
Why are you posting this?
This is only for people that signed up for the Lawsuit.
This should be taken down.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1387 posts
653 upvotes
Yeah me too. I'll order the service for the first month, collect the $$ for the 7 months of service and cancel before month 2.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4209 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
coolintheshade wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:42 pm
Yeah me too. I'll order the service for the first month, collect the $$ for the 7 months of service and cancel before month 2.
Good idea. Are you only supposed to submit your first month receipt? and not 7 months?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2072 posts
321 upvotes
i wonder if they will include HST in the settlement cheques???
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1387 posts
653 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
May 25th, 2017 8:56 am
Good idea. Are you only supposed to submit your first month receipt? and not 7 months?
That's what the email says, yes.

To begin receiving coverage, and to receive reimbursement for the cost of coverage, you must complete two steps.

First, you must sign up with Equifax and create an account. You will be asked to provide your credit card information when you sign up. Equifax will immediately charge your card $16.95 for the first month of the “Complete Advantage” subscription coverage. You can sign up by accessing this link:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/canada ... code=en_ca

Second, you must then provide us, as the Claims Administrator, with proof of registration/payment (e.g. credit card statement, or receipt, showing the Equifax charge), as follows:

1. download the Reimbursement Form available at http://www.canadahomedepotdatabreachsettlement.com/ and print it out.

2. Fill out the form with your name and address and the unique Claim ID that was assigned to you. This number can be found at the top of this email.

3. Attach your proof of registration (your credit card statement or receipt) to the Reimbursement Form and mail them both to:

Home Depot Breach Canada
PO Box 4454
Toronto Station A 25 The Esplanade
Toronto, ON M5W 4B1

You must provide us with that proper documentation so that we receive it by June 23, 2017. Letters received after that date will not be processed.

Upon receipt of the proper documentation, we will mail you a cheque for the cost of coverage for the first month, plus an additional 6 (six) months (at $16.95/month). The commitment by Home Depot to fund coverage for 7 months for all approved claimants for Credit Monitoring Service – rather than 6 months coverage – exceeds its responsibilities under the Court Order approving the settlement of the class action.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4473 posts
780 upvotes
Mississauga
coolintheshade wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:42 pm
cgtlky wrote:
May 25th, 2017 8:56 am
Oh so a false claim.

Y'all must have said you purchased 500 chocolate bars for the chocolate class action, or 250 lcd monitors for the lcd class action, etc. Am I right?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2739 posts
168 upvotes
Can I just print the email confirmation for sign up from Equifax? Or do I need to wait for my credit card statement?
May 4, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
I've received the same email as well, but I'm somewhat confused, are we getting a one lump sum check (@ $16.95/month) for 6 months OR for 12 months since it says,
plus an additional 6 (six) months (at $16.95/month)?
I don't quite understand which one it is.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1387 posts
653 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
May 25th, 2017 12:28 pm
Oh so a false claim.

Y'all must have said you purchased 500 chocolate bars for the chocolate class action, or 250 lcd monitors for the lcd class action, etc. Am I right?
It's not a false claim. I'm entitled to the monitoring, and am going to take it.
No where in the email does it say we need to keep it active the entire 7 months.
Get a grip.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4473 posts
780 upvotes
Mississauga
coolintheshade wrote:
May 25th, 2017 1:46 pm
It's not a false claim. I'm entitled to the monitoring, and am going to take it.
No where in the email does it say we need to keep it active the entire 7 months.
Get a grip.
The court settlement was for Home Depot to reimburse for 6 months of credit monitoring. They are going an extra month at 7. The upfront reimbursement for all 7 months costs, is done in good faith so that affected customers don't have to send something in every month to get the monthly amount reimbursed. In good faith, as in not stating the requirement, but assuming it. Not meant for people to profit from it.

Taking the 7 months reimbursement with no intention of keeping the service for 7 months is a false claim that abuses the good faith put forth. This is prime example of the downfall of society.

Do yourself a favour and don't advertise such practices, don't tell your friends and colleagues about it. Keep it to yourself.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1387 posts
653 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
May 25th, 2017 2:01 pm
The court settlement was for Home Depot to reimburse for 6 months of credit monitoring. They are going an extra month at 7. The upfront reimbursement for all 7 months costs, is done in good faith so that affected customers don't have to send something in every month to get the monthly amount reimbursed. In good faith, as in not stating the requirement, but assuming it.

Taking the 7 months reimbursement with no intention of keeping the service for 7 months is a false claim that abuses the good faith put forth. This is prime example of the downfall of society.

Do yourself a favour and don't advertise such practices, don't tell your friends and colleagues about it. Keep it to yourself.
Do yourself a favour as well, and scroll past every post of mine. You don't like anything I post anyway, so don't waste your time or mine replying to my posts.

EDIT:
I can see my posts aren't the only ones you don't like.
That's quite the record you have. 562 downvotes you've given out to people.
You must be real proud.
Last edited by coolintheshade on May 25th, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
13593 posts
3297 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know why this is the end settlement; considering HD was offering 1 full year of the premier plan right off the bat.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4305 posts
1878 upvotes
Vancouver
vkizzle wrote:
May 25th, 2017 2:07 pm
I don't know why this is the end settlement; considering HD was offering 1 full year of the premier plan right off the bat.
Lawyers got their money