[Home Depot] Drano Max Gel 2.3L Clog Remover Drain Cleaner - Warm

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 4:22 pm
Mar 31, 2009
231 posts
194 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
.fess wrote: deal dead?
Nope, just ordered a batch for free delivery out in the wild hinterlands. Saved me half a tank of gas driving into town to get them. And yes, they're still 2/3 the price of Walmart retail.
Nov 24, 2015
512 posts
157 upvotes
Liquid Plumr is still cheaper at Costco on sale on a per L basis.

Liquid Plumr 3.78 L
Regular Price 10.99
Discount 3
Price 7.99
Cost/L 2.1138
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1305 posts
632 upvotes
Calgary
Can't seem to order in Calgary.

Edit: nvm, was able to order for ISPU.
May 10, 2013
785 posts
217 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got one from Lowes with PM total around $4.xx.
Mar 20, 2005
337 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
.fess wrote: deal dead?
Looks like "ship to you" option is sold out but ISP is still available. Shows as $1 off reg price. Hotter deal with the free shipping, but without ... meh.
Feb 20, 2008
338 posts
383 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: This is bad for my ~1950 cast iron stack right?

This is bad for all drains and septic systems, especially if you want to kill your own backyard system.

Get a snake for clogs. Better yet, put strainers on your drains and stop pouring fat and hair down your drains.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1765 posts
159 upvotes
tinmack wrote: This is bad for all drains and septic systems, especially if you want to kill your own backyard system.

Get a snake for clogs. Better yet, put strainers on your drains and stop pouring fat and hair down your drains.
+1 but this is not to bad for plumbers instead of coming to unclog you drain they have to change it so more money for them and less for you, but hey you just save $150 for unclogging and spend big $$$ for new drains
Feb 20, 2008
338 posts
383 upvotes
Plumbers love anything that makes work for them. Those flushable wipes that aren't flushable have probably bought a lot of sunny vacations for a lot of plumbers.

They aren't fans of lint filters on washing machines or adding drain field digesters either.......
Feb 20, 2008
338 posts
383 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote: Will this get rid of sink stench?
Baking soda and vinegar. Or go get some Liquibac.

Let sit, then fill the sink and pull the plug. Repeat as necessary.

If the stink is still there, you better go deeper......
Jan 23, 2017
42 posts
27 upvotes
kiasu wrote: does this thing really work? will it melt the hair? and will it damage the pipe?
Doesn't work for hair - it may unclog other things, but definitely not working for hair. Then used the plunger with lots of sweat and took out a big snake of hair from previous owners - crazy thing.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8023 posts
5808 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP! Ordered 3 bottles online and picked them up in store. Came with a reusable bag for free.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1775 posts
982 upvotes
Toronto
As a plumber I advise everyone to buy this and use it regularly and extensively, then PM me and I'll give you a good quote to repair and replace what's been damaged.
Feb 22, 2013
606 posts
478 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: As a plumber I advise everyone to buy this and use it regularly and extensively, then PM me and I'll give you a good quote to repair and replace what's been damaged.
Please elaborate. As a lawyer I'm interested in starting a class action lawsuit against Drano. JK.