Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

ecobee3 Smart Thermostat ($265.48 + tax after PM, plus $100 Enbridge credit)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2017 4:52 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1048 posts
317 upvotes
Brampton

[Home Depot] ecobee3 Smart Thermostat ($265.48 + tax after PM, plus $100 Enbridge credit)

$299 at Home Depot - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.ecob ... 42103.html
$294.98 at Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/eco ... 82442.aspx

Purchase from HD, PM with BB, comes to $265.48 + tax. You can also get the $100 Enbridge bill credit.
77 replies
Sep 22, 2016
331 posts
683 upvotes
Nice catch OP!
Going to try to pick one up later tonight or tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
2315 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
OP, price difference between BB and home depot is $5.00 so how did you get it for $265.48 + tax.?
Mar 30, 2005
244 posts
69 upvotes
Most likely they will run the $299 kit bundle sale again with two extra sensors next week for Boxing Day. You will get two extra sensors for $35 more compared to this 'nice catch'.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
Huh? PM discount is 10% of the difference in price ($0.5), not 10% of the total price ($29.50).
Last edited by Andrew765 on Dec 21st, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1048 posts
317 upvotes
Brampton
Andrew765 wrote: Huh? PM discount is 10% of the difference in price ($0.5), not 10% of the total price ($29.50).
Not at Home Depot.
Mar 17, 2005
538 posts
238 upvotes
OP is right. HD's PM slogan: Find a lower regular or advertised price... we'll BEAT it by 10%.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2065 upvotes
I installed 2 of them after the sale with extra sensors.

Take a look at your thermostat and furnace before comitting to this.

One house I had to run new wiring to make it work. Luckily I was renovating anyways. Also, thanks to the app control and the remote sensors, an alternative would be to place it in your furnace room and use it remotely. If you were to install new wires that is.

The other was a bit more complicated but I was able to make it work with the provided PEK adapter. Though no idea if the AC will still work in the summer!
Oct 3, 2009
80 posts
7 upvotes
I picked one up just after cyber monday sales for $225+tax with the bonus sensor pack. It was on Amazon.ca but I PM'd at Home Depot. If you're not in a hurry, i would wait until boxing day and see if it drops that low again.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3526 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Does it take a certain type of furnace to be able to use the sensors effectively and actually manage individual room temps?
Mar 21, 2010
844 posts
273 upvotes
Edmonton
Aj23 wrote: Does it take a certain type of furnace to be able to use the sensors effectively and actually manage individual room temps?
you have to have a zoned system to accomplish what you are talking about. While the ecobee can't control all individual room temps, it can factor in multiple room temps to get a better average across the house. For example if my front door opens up in -30 weather we had a week ago, the thermostat would kick in until it was back to the desired 20 deg c at the thermostat. Now with my new ecobee it takes that and 3 other locations in the overall average. Or at night it ignores any sensors except for ones in the bedroom.

What it seems to do is determine, factoring outdoor temperature, what to efficiently do to make the temps across all the devices all as close to the desired temp as possible.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1212 posts
581 upvotes
North York
My house moving date is now in Jan, no idea if I'll be ejeigble for credit.

I already bought for 50 yr old house, hope it works
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
2230 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
afshaikh wrote: My house moving date is now in Jan, no idea if I'll be ejeigble for credit.

I already bought for 50 yr old house, hope it works
You could set it to in your old place. If your thermostat has a c wire you could do it in 10 minutes, register your ecobee then put the old one back.
Oct 14, 2010
493 posts
109 upvotes
celica00 wrote: I have one for sale including the two additional sensors. Still sealed. I bought first and asked questions later...... I then realized I don't have a c wire and don't want to mess with the power adapter. $300 in Markham. PM if interested.
Why dont you just return it
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
My house doesn't have a C-wire (live in south Richmond Hill, 30 year old home), but we were able to get it to run....we had something called 24VAC Comm. which I believe is the C connection. Does anyone else know if this is correct?
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2955 posts
2331 upvotes
Calgary
Got a couple of these with the Black Friday deal last month. Since my house needed 2 thermostats due to a zoned system, I ended up with 6 room sensors. Including the two thermostats, this gives me 8 points to read the temperature in my house. After using it for a month, it is clear to me that the extra sensors add a lot of value. They detect motion in rooms and only activate the ones where motion is detected. This really helps balance out hot/cold areas of the house. You can also do some neat things when you link the Ecobee with IFTTT.

My suggestion would be to perhaps take advantage of the current Home Depot opportunity but wait to open until you see if the bonus sensor deal returns in a few days.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2955 posts
2331 upvotes
Calgary
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: My house doesn't have a C-wire (live in south Richmond Hill, 30 year old home), but we were able to get it to run....we had something called 24VAC Comm. which I believe is the C connection. Does anyone else know if this is correct?
Not sure but you don't necessarily need a C wire with the Ecobee. You can potentially also use the included power adaptor kit to get things working with fewer wires. I would suggest running the ecobee tool and inputting your current wires to see what it recommends.
Jun 23, 2010
113 posts
38 upvotes
niagara falls
Never pm at homedepot. Do I need to print out Bestbuy product page or just show them on the phone?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)