Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Gerber jr. machete + Paraframe knife $25

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 11:13 pm
19 replies
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
Are you allowed to have a machete hanging on your belt if it is in view (not concealed)?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
does this cut through bone?
May 1, 2011
180 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Which HD is this? Thanks.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7615 upvotes
ON
elcheapoh wrote: Are you allowed to have a machete hanging on your belt if it is in view (not concealed)?
Perfectly legal. Just as it is to have an unloaded rifle slung over the shoulder while walking downtown. Prepare to be stopped by the law and grilled about your intentions if you're in non wilderness areas.
To make it more interesting wear a flower necklace , Hawaiian shirt [..]
Last edited by MrDisco on Nov 8th, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: let's not derail the thread in this manner
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
hukejia wrote: Which HD is this? Thanks.
I saw a bunch of them in the sale section of the Richmond BC Home Depot last week. It's an ok value if you need a mini-machete - it's been on sale for this price before, but without the extra little knife.

I didn't buy one, but I've been considering it because sometimes around the garden at home or when you're camping you're looking for a tool that's good for chopping and slashing.
Apr 25, 2016
169 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
I have one, absolutely wouldn't waste my money on it again. It's as dull as a plastic knife and no amount of sharpening changes that. Even the saw teeth are dull as hell. Really, for the amount of blunt force this thing requires, I would rather chop shrubs/trees with a stick. Handle also feels super flimsy so you KNOW that one of these swings, the blade will become a projectile. Pass on this.
Oct 1, 2006
649 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa & Brampto…
steven80 wrote: does this cut through bone?
....Hushed Face
"And if you don't know, now you know"
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
KombatVirus wrote: I have one, absolutely wouldn't waste my money on it again. It's as dull as a plastic knife and no amount of sharpening changes that. Even the saw teeth are dull as hell. Really, for the amount of blunt force this thing requires, I would rather chop shrubs/trees with a stick. Handle also feels super flimsy so you KNOW that one of these swings, the blade will become a projectile. Pass on this.
But is it good for zombies? I don't want to spend too much on a machete prep, but any other recommendations near this price point?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
KombatVirus wrote: I have one, absolutely wouldn't waste my money on it again. It's as dull as a plastic knife and no amount of sharpening changes that. Even the saw teeth are dull as hell. Really, for the amount of blunt force this thing requires, I would rather chop shrubs/trees with a stick. Handle also feels super flimsy so you KNOW that one of these swings, the blade will become a projectile. Pass on this.
Yup, don't buy this junk, if you seriously want a machete, look at the Tramontina Machetes on Amazon.ca. They are made in Brazil and are the real deal.

This Gerber one is probably dangerous for any real use.

Likewise the Paraframe knife is typical Chinese C grade junk. Lots of way better options from Ganzo and Sanrenmu if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for China shipping.
Mar 15, 2017
150 posts
89 upvotes
steven80 wrote: does this cut through bone?
I have this one and the larger one at the cottage. A true POS. The blade was bent 5 min in trying chopping a few pinky diameter sized branches.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2639 posts
407 upvotes
Winnipeg
Buy an inexpensive Tramontina, full sized machette. They can be had for like $20 from Lowe's in the USA, might be the same if you have a Lowe's nearby.

The Gerber is a toy
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
JelloRobot wrote: I have this one and the larger one at the cottage. A true POS. The blade was bent 5 min in trying chopping a few pinkies
Fixed that for you!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
for $10 more, I got this at amazon. 25" overall length with an 18" blade + a belt/shoulder sling sheath. works great for the outdoors & most peeps either freak or look admiringly whenever I whip it out Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

zombies.....lookout!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)