Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Home Depot Clearance Deals 2019 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2020 12:25 pm
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
L4cky wrote: I have a question , why bother with pocket holes or glue, can we just use use L bracket like these ones ? how much weight can these brackets handle?
Weight capacity and that these don't give you a flush fit...
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Nov 14, 2006
736 posts
829 upvotes
Finally got picture attachment going...

The basement bar was designed to hide a standing column sump pump with a well, water main shutoff and the city meter inside the hole in the wall. With the all-in-one fax/printer bordering the “hole” covered with a quick access board to the wall and sitting atop the sump pump and well, which is now accessible by a door, on a shelf. A semi-built in fridge (a real built in needs the expensive type of fridge with the compressor in the front) is on the other wing of the L-shape bar.
97ECE60F-3539-43E5-AFA9-D4D10C050591.jpeg
8AD208B9-54B5-4C47-AE03-E25906A7FD4B.jpeg
To dress up the edges of the plywood used, the bar top is joined together with pocket holes and has 1by4s edge pieces all around, sides and bottom are 1by2s, while iron-on edge is used for inside shelves facing out to the “bartender”. I used Maple plywood and dimensioned lumber so my lesson’s learned is to use Birch next time...

Hope the tools from this HD clearance deals forum (One of my favourite!) and other tid bits you pick up from here and elsewhere inspire you to build something you enjoy.
L4cky wrote: they have wider right angle brackets, I am not sure if that helps every 3 instead of 2, or it's still better with very 2.

U have pics of ur nice projets? :)

My guess is you didn't use MDF, because pocket holes aren't great for mdf from what I heard? that's why i thought about brackets.
Jan 17, 2006
959 posts
302 upvotes
Mississauga
crashxxx wrote: lol no need to be sorry. we're about helping each other out. I wish they still had the 'stock alert' or price watch feature on their website. I'll also be checking several times a day.
Guys, the 3 & 2 Tool only combos are back in stock today!!!, there are actually a great deal if you were looking for those tools. I have been wanting the jigsaw and router for some time now and was so bummed I missed on this deal I kept the page opened in a tab and would reload it every couple of days...

Combo 1: $199

- Compact Router (Octane version)
- Octane Jig Saw (Octane version)
- Random Orbit Sander (Regular version)

Combo 2: $159.00

These are Tool Only combos, also, someone mentioned here that all 5X tools are actually Octane, not sure as I do not have any Octane battery yet to test this...
Mar 19, 2019
59 posts
43 upvotes
Lumute wrote: Guys, the 3 & 2 Tool only combos are back in stock today!!!, there are actually a great deal if you were looking for those tools. I have been wanting the jigsaw and router for some time now and was so bummed I missed on this deal I kept the page opened in a tab and would reload it every couple of days...

These are Tool Only combos, also, someone mentioned here that all 5X tools are actually Octane, not sure as I do not have any Octane battery yet to test this...
Worthwhile to note that Rakuten has 10% rebate today for homedepot as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
Lumute wrote: Guys, the 3 & 2 Tool only combos are back in stock today!!!, there are actually a great deal if you were looking for those tools. I have been wanting the jigsaw and router for some time now and was so bummed I missed on this deal I kept the page opened in a tab and would reload it every couple of days...

AMAZING, thanks so much for posting this. Just ordered one.

Cheers
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Richfields wrote: AMAZING, thanks so much for posting this. Just ordered one.

Cheers
Dont forget ebates, 10% !!
<no self promotion>
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2505 posts
1564 upvotes
Toronto

damn how could i miss out this deal. omg
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
2089 posts
2090 upvotes
Durham Region

Got a router... now what’s the best place to get good router bits?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
2089 posts
2090 upvotes
Durham Region
dipple wrote: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... p.html#srp

I'm currently working with this set and it's been great so far. I figure buy this for light work, and if there is a bit I use a lot, I'll spend the money to buy a nicer version.
yah I looked at that one.... the reviews on mastercrap stuff have been pretty terrible lately, the sale price seems hard to beat tho.....
Nov 24, 2006
134 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
msprnt wrote: sold out already!
Sold out last night - so sad I missed this with the 10% Rakuten cash back :(
Aug 11, 2007
300 posts
167 upvotes
networksend wrote: yah I looked at that one.... the reviews on mastercrap stuff have been pretty terrible lately, the sale price seems hard to beat tho.....
Maximum is the better version.
There is a different set that is mastercraft - I figured it was the same thing rebranded, but the sets include a number of different bits https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp
Jul 31, 2009
516 posts
296 upvotes
Ottawa
busy bee tool's store brand router bits are the best bang for the buck IF you only need individual bits.
Nov 14, 2006
736 posts
829 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: The Mastercraft seems to have better reviews than the maximum router set... which one of the sets to get?
I had the same decision to make a few years ago and I chose the Maximum router bit set over Mastercraft set. I am a light occasional user but I chose Maximum set because 1/2” bits (in the Maximum set) are more durable than 1/4” bits in general. When on sale the price difference is less than $10. However, I did also see some recent bad reviews on Cdn Tire website about individual bits of Maximum set not being good. I have not had this problem yet.
Aug 29, 2019
47 posts
145 upvotes
networksend wrote: Got a router... now what’s the best place to get good router bits?
I wouldn't buy a set unless it was for a specific job or project that I knew I would use them for. Otherwise you will end up with lots of them collecting dust that you will never use.
I buy bits as I need them and the best ones quality vs price wise I have found the past few years have been from Lee Valley.
Lee Valley router bits

If you really just want to play with your new router and try some projects out then I would get something like this 75 piece set that is $95 at home depot online.
Good luck
Professional Woodworker 75-Piece Router Bit Set
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
2089 posts
2090 upvotes
Durham Region
oujifye wrote: busy bee tool's store brand router bits are the best bang for the buck IF you only need individual bits.
they are having a sale on right now too. prices seem pretty good
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
tinmack wrote: The K4 deal for $130 at HD with the extra accessories is a better deal.

If you're looking at a bare K4 for $130, then go for the K5 for the extra $13.65.
i just received the k4h from homedepot, i wonder, what are the extra accessories? I feel ordering online, the package was open box.

Does it include for example a Right Angle Clamp?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101