Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Home Depot: Weber Original Red Kettle 22-inch charcoal grill $178

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2018 11:55 am
Feb 26, 2017
285 posts
135 upvotes
While on this charcoal grill topic, what charcoal do you usually use?

HomeDepot current has 29% off on Ford Model T KingsFord charcoal briquettes 15.4lbs for $9.96:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.char ... 87270.html

Does it hot?

Canadian Tire has Royal Oak charcoal briquettes 15.7lbs at regular price $8.99. Is Royal Oak or Kingsford better? Which one burns hotter?

A few people here recommend lump charcoal from Costco. What is bag size and how much does it cost? Are there a lot of tiny pieces besides a few big lumps in the bag?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
I always go lump and I usually get it at Costco. I <believe> it was 14.49 last time I was there for an 8kg bag of Nature's Own. Biggest reason I prefer lump is there's far far less ash from lump than there is from briquettes. Lump also snuffs easier and relights easier IMO.
Jan 4, 2017
94 posts
25 upvotes
Westmount, QC
If I’m using briquettes, I use Weber. If I’m using normal lump, it’s the maple stuff from Rona.

For something special, I order Fogo from dickenson in Toronto.

Different choice for different cooks
May 9, 2005
146 posts
5 upvotes
TORONTO
Hello, just bought my master touch yesterday. Have some questions. Planning to do wings, what’s best way..pile lump coal up in middle of kettle...wings outside like a ring. Temp 350 for 20 mins. And will this work for ribs===I am lazy person. 4racks in middle charchol around the outside. 340 degrees 2 hrs. Dry rub only—this is how I like them—- sound good?
Sep 30, 2006
380 posts
138 upvotes
Scarborough
thegrim1 wrote: No. Unless you have a cheap propane BBQ, which would be more frustrating.

For anyone getting into charcoal, drop the 100 bucks and get a looftlighter. Charcoal made easy.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... qTEAOL1gLt
Hrm... $100 bucks to light charcoal... I dunno about that... it's interesting and some might buy... but I'll stick with the chimney... I also have an old style electric starter too... but chimney is pretty simple enough for me.
Feb 22, 2009
987 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
Figman2 wrote: Heat gun seems to be the winner:

I guess it would consume somewhere near 500 watts for 10 minutes.
Just a heads up for heat gun method. The heat from the lit charcoal can melt the outer plastic housing if you hold the gun close. I wrap the area around the nozzle with foil to help reflect some of the heat back but the plastic housing has definitely warped over time due to the charcoal heat.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
tyks wrote: Hrm... $100 bucks to light charcoal... I dunno about that... it's interesting and some might buy... but I'll stick with the chimney... I also have an old style electric starter too... but chimney is pretty simple enough for me.
Even easier, I just crumple a paper towel (half sheet from Costco thanks!) and give it a shot of vegetable oil (not completely doused, maybe half soaked) and drop it into a well of charcoal, light it, stack on some charcoal, leave it 10-15 minutes and Bob's your uncle.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1463 posts
242 upvotes
Mississauga
$100 USD at Home Depot in the US. I took this pic at a HD in Pittsburgh, PA this weekend. Shows $149 on the website, so it may be a flyer or a local special? YMMV.

I just could not get myself to pick one up as I already have a black one as well as a red performer.
Images
  • 20180414_122812.jpg
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
Sep 23, 2011
760 posts
693 upvotes
LAVAL
thegrim1 wrote: No. Unless you have a cheap propane BBQ, which would be more frustrating.

For anyone getting into charcoal, drop the 100 bucks and get a looftlighter. Charcoal made easy.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... qTEAOL1gLt
Lol at people spending 100$ to light charcoals. The chimney is perfect. Takes less than 10mins, all you need is some newspaper and a lighter. While the charcoal is heating up I usually go season my meat ot cut the veggies. Theres no way im just standing in front of the bbq holding a heat gun and do nothing else lol
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
b33f wrote: Would love to get one but seems to be OOS all over MTL..
FYI for the MTL folks, I managed to PM this deal at Reno Depot, which still seems to have stock of this limited red edition.
There were ~4 left at the Marche Centrale location when I got mine.
Jan 4, 2017
94 posts
25 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Lemig0s wrote: Lol at people spending 100$ to light charcoals. The chimney is perfect. Takes less than 10mins, all you need is some newspaper and a lighter. While the charcoal is heating up I usually go season my meat ot cut the veggies. Theres no way im just standing in front of the bbq holding a heat gun and do nothing else lol
Yup. I like the paraffin cubes because I get less smoke then from the newspaper but otherwise the same
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
605 posts
898 upvotes
RFD
b33f wrote: FYI for the MTL folks, I managed to PM this deal at Reno Depot, which still seems to have stock of this limited red edition.
There were ~4 left at the Marche Centrale location when I got mine.
Lowe's has free shipping to Quebec and a 10$ coupon.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
SuperPaulette wrote: Lowe's has free shipping to Quebec and a 10$ coupon.
Unfortunately, they only ship to addresses within 100km of a Lowe's warehouse, and Montreal is out of that range, with the closest location in Cornwall.
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
605 posts
898 upvotes
RFD
b33f wrote: Unfortunately, they only ship to addresses within 100km of a Lowe's warehouse, and Montreal is out of that range, with the closest location in Cornwall.
Will they cancel my order? I'm in Montreal and the order went through. I didn't know they had a 100km rule..
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
SuperPaulette wrote: Will they cancel my order? I'm in Montreal and the order went through. I didn't know they had a 100km rule..
If it went through, you might be ok. Maybe you're within the 100km range. Unfortunately, my address wasn't :/
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
605 posts
898 upvotes
RFD
b33f wrote: If it went through, you might be ok. Maybe you're within the 100km range. Unfortunately, my address wasn't :/
I tried to price match at anjou and they told me that even though it's an online retailer, they won't prove match lowes because they have a physical store more than 25 km away.

Absolutely insane but whatever I ordered online and lowes will pay shipping instead of me picking it up.
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
605 posts
898 upvotes
RFD
b33f wrote: If it went through, you might be ok. Maybe you're within the 100km range. Unfortunately, my address wasn't :/
Seems like that 100km restriction no longer applies. They may be using Rona and Reno depot warehouses now.
Jan 22, 2017
342 posts
291 upvotes
Montreal
i ordered in Montreal as well and it went through. Thanks OP and SuperPaulette for the heads up on the Lowe's deal.
Banned
Apr 14, 2017
605 posts
898 upvotes
RFD
Cheaper from lowes when you include the 10$ coupon.

Just got shipping confirmation to Montreal. They use Canada post.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)