Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Homedepot - Rigid 60L 6.5 HP Wet/Dry Vac w/ Detach Blower - WD1680 (ISPU only) - $129

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2018 5:28 pm
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
591 posts
416 upvotes

[Home Depot] Homedepot - Rigid 60L 6.5 HP Wet/Dry Vac w/ Detach Blower - WD1680 (ISPU only) - $129

Picked this up yesterday for $129 original is $189. It's for in-store pickup only. I was in the market for a blower, but could also use a shop vac and had a gift card I needed to use up since they backed out on their chainsaw deal previously and gave me a $26 credit. I haven't used it yet, but the reviews seem to be good.

Couldn't find any previous sale price for this particular model to compare to.

Use ebates for additional 2% back or 2.8% back from GCR

Overview Model # WD1680 Store SKU # 1000685196

The RIDGID® Blower Vac™ 60 Litre (16 Gallon) Professional Wet Dry Vacuum is two tools in one! This innovative design lets you remove the vacuum power head from the drum, and with the attachment of the blower wand, this vac turns into a handheld shop blower. Power is not sacrificed, as this shop vacuum packs our highest rated 6.5 peak horsepower motor with patented Scroll Noise Reduction® for quieter operation. It has the suction to tackle the messiest jobs and the blower outperforms many dedicated leaf blowers in the market with blowing speeds up to 270 km/h (170 mph). The caddy on this vacuum conveniently keeps the blower wand and accessories close at hand. Equipped with an oversized drain opening that allows for quick liquid removal; making disposal more convenient than dumping. It features the patented tool-less Qwik Lock® Filter Fastening System that makes installing or removing your filter quick, easy, and secure. Accommodates all RIDGID® 2-1/2 in. (6.4 cm) diameter accessories.

Includes VF4000 Standard Cartridge Filter, 2-1/2 in. x 7 ft. Dual-Flex® Hose, Two 20.5 in. Extension Wands, Utility Nozzle, Wet Squeegee Nozzle, Car Nozzle, and Blower Wand.
Two Tools in One! The heavy-duty 6.5 peak horsepower rated motor simply detaches, converting into a handheld blower.
2-1/2 in. diameter by 7 ft. Dual-Flex® Locking Hose resists crimping and collapsing, and adds 180-degree flexibility at both hose ends.
Rugged casters allow movement easily over various terrain. On-board accessory holder offers storage space for accessories.
20 ft. (6 m) power cord combined with 7 ft. (2.1 m) hose provides 27 ft. (8.1 m) of total reach.
Accepts Dust Bag VF3502 (Sold Separately). Accepts Replacement Filters: VF4000, VF5000, VF6000, and VF7000.
MX-Mexico
5 replies
Aug 27, 2009
743 posts
514 upvotes
It has been this price for a while (1+ month). I'm thinking of getting it to close my pool.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
591 posts
416 upvotes
lleb13 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 8:59 am
It has been this price for a while (1+ month). I'm thinking of getting it to close my pool.
This is exactly why I got it, hopefully it'll be strong enough to blow out my main drain. First time closing. I also have a compressor, but will use that as a last resort
Oct 12, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
h41t3r wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 9:05 am
This is exactly why I got it, hopefully it'll be strong enough to blow out my main drain. First time closing. I also have a compressor, but will use that as a last resort
First time to close my pool as well . I have a 2 gal compressor, i tried to blow out lines, most water are out, but I still can hear water bubbling noise from returns, and lots of bubble from main drain. I also tried 5hp shop vac, nothing come from returns. maybe air leaking? I am think to get a bigger compressor to give a try.
Nov 9, 2005
911 posts
592 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal. Regular price is $189, so it's 30%+ off right now.

This is a BIG unit though, so make sure you have space for it in the garage or shed. Great size for wood working. Lots of power for cleaning the garage and car.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2112 posts
276 upvotes
lleb13 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 8:59 am
h41t3r wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 9:05 am
Found this thread when searching for "pool+closing" as I need to tell my neighbour how much he owes me for the kit from Costco - but no luck there.

Anyway, I used to use a shopvac for a few years until I bought a compressor when I was doing some hardwood. THe compressor came with an attachment that threads perfectly into the drain holes on my pump. Now what I do is plug the compressor in there and use the valves to blow out the jets, stair jets and to the skimmer individually. Dead simple and well sealed, works well. Just thought I would let you know in case either of you have a compressor. Cheers.