Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowes

Honeywell T5 Smart Thermostat - $80.08 (or even FREE w/rebate program - YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2018 9:27 pm
Nov 22, 2017
209 posts
303 upvotes
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote: My furnace wiring was a bundle of connected wires with no terminal. Instead of putting the GREEN wire in the "G" terminal connection just put it in the "C" terminal instead.
With this connection you just loose the ability to have the fan run continuously. It runs on "Auto" instead.
This is in the setup manual.
It depends. For some furnace, you can do that. But my 20 years old furnace won't work. I need to use the GREEN wire to connect the "C" terminal with the "C" slot on the furnace. Next, use the little white wire comes with the package to connect the "Y" slot with the "G" slot on the furnace. They didn't tell this in the manual but there is an official video on Youtube to introduce.
Nov 22, 2017
209 posts
303 upvotes
As long as the thermostat is connected with WIFI, you can use the App control it wherever you are.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
MrBigNose wrote: Can we control it by using phone when we are taking vacation outside the town?
Yes.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: Does anything happen to your rebate from Enbridge if one decides to return the smart-meter and install the old one back in it's place (after receiving the rebate obviously)? Is a there any other issue with doing this?
pump*
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
3283 posts
869 upvotes
Does this thermostat have remote room sensors? The location of the thermostat is much colder than where the rooms are with people.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
commie wrote: Does this thermostat have remote room sensors? The location of the thermostat is much colder than where the rooms are with people.
It does not, if you need sperate room sensors I believe you're limited to the ecobee product line.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
shelltakeeight wrote: Thanks for the reply.
There is already a wire in the C-terminal at the furnace (I think it goes to an air exchanger).
Can I still add the green wire to that terminal?
Most recent furnace has a C-terminal at the board, but the problem (at least in my case) is when they wired from the furnace to the thermostat, they took a 4 wires cable, so I don't have any extra wire to power the C-wire.

I can re-use my G as my C, but then I lose the ability to turn on the fan without heat / AC, which I don't want to cause there are times in the year where it's not hot enough to turn on AC but I want to leave the fan on for ventilation ... I think I'll go for the ecobee3 instead
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
I just got an email that I have been moved from waiting list to eligible status on GreenON Installations program.
Buying this thermostat means I will lose the eligibility right or can I buy this and use it for now until I get the better one from the GreenON Installations program?
Jun 2, 2014
115 posts
94 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks for this thread. I bought this thermostat at the store near Highway 7 and Highway 404. Managed to price matched and beat 10% off with Best buy, plus the additional $10 off with the coupon I received in my email. Final price I paid for is $79.19.

This is the first time I learned how to install thermostat. If you don't have C wire, you can use G wire. There is an installation guide in the package which is pretty straightforward. I relabeled the G wire to C wire at the thermostat, use a jumper( Inlcuded in the package) connect the G and Y terminals at the furnace, finally unscrew the G terminal and connect to C terminal.

The only downside of using G wire is you cant run the fan continuously. It will run when the system is heating/cooling.

Hope this help.
This guy is too lazy to leave a signature.
Aug 16, 2010
423 posts
216 upvotes
I like this thermostat but I'm annoyed with the app. I can't get the geofencing to recognize that I'm 'Away', it always thinks I'm 'Home'. The temperature current and set point are a little slow to update when I open the app (about 5 seconds). There was no option for 'Electric Baseboard Heaters' when I set it up but it still triggers using the 'Forced Air' setting. I don't know why they wouldn't include this as an option. I am using a Xiaomi phone and allowed it the location permissions. Doesn't seem to work on my girlfriends Nexus 6 either.

I didn't have any problems setting it up although I did have to replace the 2 conductor wire with a 3 conductor wire to connect it to my baseboard heater 20A relay in my attic. My previous digital honeywell 'dumb' thermostat was powered by R and W alone, and I had to add the C. Luckily the relay had a C wire 24 VAC output and I used the old cable to pull the new one through the wall.

I'll try connecting to Alexa next.

If anyone figures out the geofencing fix let me know!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1127 posts
217 upvotes
Ok, started at this page and clicked on Honeywell, https://enbridgesmartsavings.com/smart-thermostats
which redirected to https://www.go2claim.com/customer/claim ... ectcomfort
which inturn presents 3 options: verify lyric account,
Verify T5 account, verify T6 account.
Once I click on ‘verify T5 account’ it further redirects to https://api.honeywell.com/oauth2/app/lo ... ion%20Call and at this page, there is no option to create account, just login option for existing accounts.
Anyone completed claim process successfully? How?
Feb 18, 2014
688 posts
1410 upvotes
sonajatt wrote: Ok, started at this page and clicked on Honeywell, https://enbridgesmartsavings.com/smart-thermostats
which redirected to https://www.go2claim.com/customer/claim ... ectcomfort
which inturn presents 3 options: verify lyric account,
Verify T5 account, verify T6 account.
Once I click on ‘verify T5 account’ it further redirects to https://api.honeywell.com/oauth2/app/lo ... ion%20Call and at this page, there is no option to create account, just login option for existing accounts.
Anyone completed claim process successfully? How?
Weird... Instead of using the Honeywell redemption tool link on the page you started at, if you click on the Qualifying Thermostats link on that page and click the redemption link found in the small print at the bottom of the page, you are directed to this form instead.

It is a totally different form... just asking for your address and Enbridge account #... not sure how they confirm that you purchased a thermostat... maybe through the Lyric App?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1488 posts
636 upvotes
anyone use this with an android phone? I was reading some reviews on google play and some indicate they have issues.
Apr 24, 2005
144 posts
21 upvotes
shorfd wrote: Weird... Instead of using the Honeywell redemption tool link on the page you started at, if you click on the Qualifying Thermostats link on that page and click the redemption link found in the small print at the bottom of the page, you are directed to this form instead.

It is a totally different form... just asking for your address and Enbridge account #... not sure how they confirm that you purchased a thermostat... maybe through the Lyric App?
maybe because in the T&C:
(5) you must have a Wi-Fi connection at your residence sufficient to communicate that your Smart Thermostat has been successfully installed, activated and paired to Nest, ecobee, Honeywell, NEE or Emerson’s services;
Jul 23, 2011
773 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto
pitabread wrote: anyone use this with an android phone? I was reading some reviews on google play and some indicate they have issues.
using an s7 edge without issue.. works flawlessly with Google assistant and the native Lyric android app..
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
Can you use 2 in the same house?
I have a 30yr old hot water furnace with 2 zones, each controlled by it's own thermostat and this is such a good price I'd like to replace both of them.

I'm probably SOL. Looks like I only have 2 wires:
https://imgur.com/a/DbO3o
Last edited by TartanToed on Dec 17th, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
remik wrote: Yeah, if I didn't get the free Nest E from GreenON, I probably would have gone for the T5, because in the end "free is free". I must admit thought I'm digging the Nest E and you could always get the Nest E for $179.98 + tax (pm'd at HomeDepot from BestBuy) and then get $100 rebate either via a bill credit through Enbridge or refund cheque via the GreenON program.

$203.39 - $100 (rebate) = $103.39 so it'd be like you're paying for the Nest E really, not $250-300
Did you already get the FREE thermostat installed through that Greenon program from a few months ago?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)