Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Honeywell T5+ Smart Thermostat With Optional Power Adapter $62 (Possibly Nova Scotia only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2018 6:33 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2017
14 posts
46 upvotes

[Home Depot] Honeywell T5+ Smart Thermostat With Optional Power Adapter $62 (Possibly Nova Scotia only)

Just noticed the Honeywell T5 wifi thermostat is on sale at Homedepot for $62. I believe this is part of the Efficiency Nova Scotia program.
Last edited by Caper800 on Oct 12th, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Apr 12, 2013
339 posts
195 upvotes
BC
Have one of these and a good buy for $62. Whilst it's not smart you can control via app, so turning the heat on before you get home from vacation is great.
May 20, 2011
52 posts
28 upvotes
CALGARY
Have had this for a year. Smart phone control works fine but geofence get doesn't work for sh*t. Customer service seems responsive to queries but still didn't fix the problem. I've just given up. On Android phone.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2017
14 posts
46 upvotes
I had ordered 2 for in store pickup but my order has been cancelled. They can't find their stock.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3781 posts
2631 upvotes
This is the model with the optional 24vac power adapter in case you don't have a C-wire at your thermostat location, which normally costs about $20 - $30 more.

I have a T5. It's a decent WiFi-enabled thermostat, not as fancy as Nest or Ecobee, but works fine with phone app, IFTTT, Stringify etc..

The major problem is that while the hardware is ok, Honeywell's services are god-awful. The Honeywell Home server is down way too often, and basic things like getting a required service registration email can be broken for more than a week. While their support team always tries to answer customer questions, they are pretty clueless about problems - they usually don't know when their own services are down. Honeywell really needs to get their back-end act together if they are going to be a player in the home automation market.
May 16, 2010
3 posts
41 upvotes
Grande Prairie
Does anyone have a picture of the adapter? Does it just plug into the wall to add a C wire?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1663 posts
229 upvotes
Mississauga
picked on of these up at Lowes this past weekend for $99 all in. There is another option to install without the C wire. We did that and works fine with the exception of running the fan on always. Auto works well.
May 23, 2012
5 posts
4 upvotes
BEDFORD
Tough to tell if the T5+ (RCHT8612WF2015) supports usage with a Dual Fuel setup or not. I have a Heat Pump with Nat.Gas backup.
Mar 21, 2005
193 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
I have three of these, one for each floor of my house when they were on sale last year for $99. Two minor complaints that I have:
  1. The wifi disconnects/reconnects frequently. Not sure if that is due to Google WiFi using a unified SSID for 2.4 GHz/5 GHz, or if there is a hardware problem
  2. Geofence is hit or miss, for the three of us and our Android phones. Usually opening up the app, refreshes our location and solves the problem
Other than those two items, they have been solid basic thermostats and satisfy our needs. Just don't expect any special things, i.e. energy usage reports, that you would get from a nest or ecobee.