[Home Depot] [HOT] GE 6ft 4k@60hz HDR 18Gbps Premium HDMI Cable $7.48

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2019 6:54 am
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1760 posts
776 upvotes
Fredericton
This is definitely a decent price for a 'need it right now' cable.
Jan 17, 2006
836 posts
182 upvotes
Mississauga
zylonite wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 5:30 am
Man I am getting sick of these hostile attitudes on RFD towards peoples comments. The guy did mention correct spec in his comment and he is 100% correct. As long as your cable is the correct spec to carry the digital bandwidth then everything else is marketing.

There is no need to attack him and show such aggressive attitude towards one person comment.
You are overreacting, sure he could have been less harsh but putting that aside the statement he was replying to IS wrong. There is quality associated with manufacturing of every single product in the world. Specially with cables some are cheaply made and advertised as good specs, some are good quality and good specs and some hugely overpriced with misleading marketing regardless of the quality.

I could justify the statement about every HDMI cable within specs being the same if this was a thread about a $40 Monster cable, but come on, this is a good quality $7.48 cable. There is a ton of people who has reported problems with Amazon Basics so their quality is in doubt and its only a couple bucks cheaper...
May 18, 2017
21 posts
5 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 8:25 pm
Similar boat I was in shelled out nearly $2200 for a decent cable but it all worked out
Same thing, was having all kinds of issues but then I bought a solid gold one for $6800 and it all worked out.
May 5, 2013
370 posts
259 upvotes
NORTH YORK
THX, op. Good price if it handle HDR.
Jun 21, 2003
248 posts
106 upvotes
urover wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 12:44 pm
Any stock found in GTA?
Yes at the Woodbridge HD, 400 and HWY 7.
Feb 14, 2010
705 posts
159 upvotes
Oshawa
Molsonbeer wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 2:40 pm
Same thing, was having all kinds of issues but then I bought a solid gold one for $6800 and it all worked out.
All my cables were failing on me til I bought one that NASA uses on the shuttle for $10000 on the black market. Now I'm the king of my castle Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6899 posts
2183 upvotes
Markham
Don't know how good these calls are .. But process auto has 4k HDMI cables on sale.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190611-212029.jpg
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 27, 2007
18218 posts
9366 upvotes
Kitchener
Lots of misinformation on this thread, nothing has changed in the past few years, HDMI cables (18Gbps) remains as equal as they were few years ago, the "premium" certification is more of a cash grab than anything else.

"High Speed Certification" covers 4K just fine (just as it did since day one), without a laminated "premium sticker".
https://www.cnet.com/news/premium-hdmi- ... d-to-know/

The "premium high speed certified cable" is a just another "high speed certified cable" that has also passed an EMI test. If people think EMI testing has anything to do with 4k@60hz or 4:4:4 then some reading is overdue ;) Also cables are not individually certified under that program so there is ZERO protection against bad runs.
https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premi ... ogram.aspx

Still, a good price, without all the overhype ;)
[OP]
Sep 28, 2009
379 posts
256 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:52 am
OP, have you tested the cables with the mentioned equipment?
Unfortunately I left on my business trip without getting this opportunity. Will do Thursday night.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6899 posts
2183 upvotes
Markham
Rolo730 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 9:35 pm
1 review, and its 1 star. Can take your chances though.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8803959e#
If you're not happy PrincessAuto will take return....

At Princess Auto No sale is final until you're satisfied - our Royal Service guarantee that results in the ultimate shopping experience.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3654 posts
1677 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
aasoror wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 10:17 pm
Lots of misinformation on this thread, nothing has changed in the past few years, HDMI cables (18Gbps) remains as equal as they were few years ago, the "premium" certification is more of a cash grab than anything else.

"High Speed Certification" covers 4K just fine (just as it did since day one), without a laminated "premium sticker".
https://www.cnet.com/news/premium-hdmi- ... d-to-know/

The "premium high speed certified cable" is a just another "high speed certified cable" that has also passed an EMI test. If people think EMI testing has anything to do with 4k@60hz or 4:4:4 then some reading is overdue ;) Also cables are not individually certified under that program so there is ZERO protection against bad runs.
https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premi ... ogram.aspx

Still, a good price, without all the overhype ;)
This is wrong.

High speed HDMI cable did not change but the minimum guaranteed data bandwidth change in the last 3 years.

An high speed HDMI cable need to be guarantee to support at least 10.2 Gbps data transfer. This is perfect for 4k HDR from TV box or most 4k BluRay player because they're usually are 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 or are 4:4:4 at 23hz. This is why most people use their old cable for their 4k TV and everything work fine.

For the Premium HDMI cable, the minimum guaranteed data transfer is 18 Gbps. This is necessary for full HDMI 2.0 signal output.

Does it mean that non premium cable won't be able to deliver 18 Gbps? No. But having a premium cable increase the chance the cable work for 4:4:4 4k 60 Hz signal. Of course all cable are not individually tested (is there really a single human being on planet Earth that thought that?), but it really help preventing black screen, syncing and many problem people using 4:4:4 60hz signal.

The HDMI 2.0 specification was released in 2013, and revised into HDMI 2.0a in 2015 and then HDMI 2.0b in 2016. This specification increased the maximum bandwidth of HDMI cables from 10.2Gbps to 18Gbps.