[Home Depot] HUSKY 46-inch 9-Drawer Mobile Workbench - $277

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 10:43 pm
[OP]
Jan 5, 2007
274 posts
112 upvotes

[Home Depot] HUSKY 46-inch 9-Drawer Mobile Workbench - $277

Was looking for a sale on the Husky crank style adjustable height workbench and came across this non-adjustable one. Different Husky workbenches have been on sale before - they cleared out the 52" with adjustable height a while back for about the same price (with added price adjustments later on). I missed out on that deal. I am considering one of these as the base for a mitre saw station.

It says free ship. Not sure how - the workbench is 160 lbs. I would feel really bad for the middle aged lady that delivers my Canada Post packages if it were shipped via Canada Post.
4 replies
Feb 28, 2016
681 posts
357 upvotes
I saw this on the flyer and was tempted. However, I'm going to avoid buying it now amd gamble that it it'll come on sale in the future as a clearance item!
Mar 29, 2016
27 posts
22 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just picked this up. All you have to do is take it out of the box, install the casters and the handle. Definitely worth $277.
Obviously the quality isn't as good as the Milwaukee tool box that was on display but it's 1/4 the price. My only gripe is that it's difficult to get all the drawers to lock. I always find that at least 1 drawer isn't pushed in all the way and still opens when locked. You have to make sure all drawers are pushed in tight.
I was going to wait for their overpriced NewAge cabinets to go on sale but the one I was looking at was still >$1700. This will do for now. Waiting for the tall Husky cabinet to go on sale and I'll be all set.

Thanks OP!
[OP]
Jan 5, 2007
274 posts
112 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:08 pm
I saw this on the flyer and was tempted. However, I'm going to avoid buying it now amd gamble that it it'll come on sale in the future as a clearance item!
If you can wait several months you may get your wish. I've been considering getting one for a while and for the 2 times I was on the fence, the ones on clearance were out of stock online and locally. I've also tried to get other Home Depot clearance or price error deals and even though I got in on a couple good ones, most of the time I end up empty handed. Nowadays my time is worth a bit more with kids and work.
Feb 28, 2016
681 posts
357 upvotes
Dex wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:37 pm
If you can wait several months you may get your wish. I've been considering getting one for a while and for the 2 times I was on the fence, the ones on clearance were out of stock online and locally. I've also tried to get other Home Depot clearance or price error deals and even though I got in on a couple good ones, most of the time I end up empty handed. Nowadays my time is worth a bit more with kids and work.
True enough, I had been looking for a deal on a 52" cabinet for a while. I was able to get one with a dent in it for $150 a few months back. If I had the room I'd pick this one up to complement the 52" I already have.