Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Kidsquad 12V Jeep Wrangler Ride-On Toy in Red $198

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2021 6:38 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes

[Home Depot] Kidsquad 12V Jeep Wrangler Ride-On Toy in Red $198

So I found this ride-on when HD opened their doors, and it looked like something my cousin's kids had and was awesome. They did all kind of mods including hinge to pull a wagon. I kid you not, 2 kids in the jeep, and 2 in the wagon being pulled.

Anyways, didnt understand the low review noting the same vehicle in a different color had very good reviews. I kept this red one tagged in my daily visit as I see it being the only one in store, so would go on sale, and it did today.

Just grabbed it from the store for $200 - $10 email sign up, total with taxes $213.

As you can see the other colors online are still showing $350. Even the price for the red one has not updated in the store.

Btw, you can order to be shipped to you free, but I wanted to get some extra discount and couldn't wait another hour without having it for my kids.

Other colors full price below.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kidsqu ... 1001129094

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kidsqu ... 1001129093

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kidsqu ... 1001129095

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kidsqu ... 1001129096
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
234 replies
Feb 6, 2007
552 posts
483 upvotes
Bought this for around 150-160 last time it went on sale in December / Jan. Best pre covid purchase as we have been using it daily.

Couple of pts of feedback.

The pedal assembly comes prefixed but is weak and can crack during unpacking so be careful. You may also want to disable it for smaller kids and just use the remote.

We get a good amount of use per charge (easily 45 minutes with a 4 year old and 2 year old). Although it’s a tight squeeze for two kids.

This thing is pretty durable and has nice traction. We are able to do modest to medium uphills with no problem.

The music is loud at max volume and our 2 year old keeps playing the same song at full volume.

Takes about 20 minutes to put together. You will have a few extra parts of hardware.

The hood hinge can be flimsy (not the locking snaps but the hinge) so be careful opening it as I snapped one side hooking up the battery.

At fulll power and full speed it moves pretty fast.
Jan 21, 2014
296 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
Good price in comparison to other items. Based off the reviews I think the batteries might have some issues though. Also saw this as low as $99 on older threads. That being said though, this looks like a good deal if you get one with a non faulty battery and you are looking to purchase something like this in the nearish future. If I bought this I would be holding onto it for a year to open it so I passed because I'm hoping to get either something better or something like this at a little better price $149ish.
Mar 29, 2013
108 posts
74 upvotes
Surrey
The price is telling me YES but the reviews are telling me NO.
Jan 21, 2014
296 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
bizznatches wrote: The price is telling me YES but the reviews are telling me NO.
The other colors of the same item have good reviews. I wonder why its the red one which is getting negative reviews.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
bizznatches wrote: The price is telling me YES but the reviews are telling me NO.
Reviews were discouraging too, but my cousin's kids are very abusive with their toys, and this thing is their daily walk companion, they even added my kids to the load and were pulling them in a wagon behind it. I based my decision on their use.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm waiting for the 'adult sized' Jeep Wrangler EV going into production soon.......though I suspect it won't be $198 when it comes out :(
Feb 6, 2007
552 posts
483 upvotes
Forgot to mention that we have the red one. I can’t imagine it making any difference since it’s just a plastic shell and all the mechanical or motorized parts come in separate pieces.

Most likely red is most popular so most likely to bubble up any issues (ie sample size effect).

Also the box was huge so the 150-190 range is decent if it comes with free delivery.

We bought it in December and opened it first in late March so it was stored for a few months but not sure how the batter would age sitting unused for a year.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
If you can wait, I'd wait till end of summer, they do drop the price 50-100$, some stores even more.

I picked up the Kidsquad ATV 4x4 in red 2 summers ago for $75, retails for like $400. It is awesome, my kids use it all the time, and can fit two (behind each other). I picked up last number the BMW x6M and the Range rover looking pick up for $250 each, and they both are close to $600 at the time. I don't have any issues with the company Kidsquad. I would only say the down fall is you cannot mod the battery compared to Power wheels.

Great investment for kids as it does have the added remote feature. All mine do except the ATV
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
I have this, it's quite good value. The fact that it has a remote is great as similar remote controlled ones are easily in the 400 to 600 dollar range.

It handles our hilly bumpy backyard quite well, even with both kids in (in fact it has better traction with more weight).

The battery looks like 2x6V in series, and theres lots of room under the hood to pop in a replacement if needed.

The key thing to remember when installing is that it's not all of it is made of metal, so use power tools only to snug, and then hand tighten the final stretch.

I guess I'll add some more details in:

Charge - been using it every other day for about a month now and its lasted at least 40 minutes (I've never taken it to fully dead, the kids usually get tired of it first)

Instructions - are kinda meh... not the greatest but easy enough to figure out what they mean.

Parts - they include lots of extra screws, washers, nuts in case you strip or loose anything.
Last edited by Mistro on May 21st, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 21, 2014
296 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
Mistro wrote: I have this, it's quite good value. The fact that it has a remote is great as similar remote controlled ones are easily in the 400 to 600 dollar range.

It handles our hilly bumpy backyard quite well, even with both kids in (in fact it has better traction with more weight).

The battery looks like 2x6V in series, and theres lots of room under the hood to pop in a replacement if needed.

The key thing to remember when installing is that it's not all of it is made of metal, so use power tools only to snug, and then hand tighten the final stretch.
Does this thing have seatbelts?
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
teaching my kid to respect and love the Jeep brand is a disservice to my kid
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18697 posts
5729 upvotes
does it fit a toddler who is like 4 to 5 years old? like 2 toddlers?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Feb 6, 2007
552 posts
483 upvotes
Kevyd268 wrote: Does this thing have seatbelts?
Yea it has two over the shoulder and lap snap based seat belts
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
Kevyd268 wrote: Does this thing have seatbelts?
Yeah, 2 sets of 3point belts.
kiasu wrote: does it fit a toddler who is like 4 to 5 years old? like 2 toddlers?
It might be tight. My skinny three year old and larger 1.5 year old fit snug with poofy jackets on and normally with no jackets.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
kiasu wrote: does it fit a toddler who is like 4 to 5 years old? like 2 toddlers?
It fits a 5 years old, and a 3 years old. That I know of. But those kids are 40 and 30lb.
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
Here are some size 10 running shoes for size reference.
20200521_134959.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3302 posts
1042 upvotes
Alberta
NRFDRFDR wrote: Anyone besides OP find one in store?
My local store says they have 1 in stock, so I ordered it for pickup. We'll see if it actually materializes (hope it's not a repacked return too...)