Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

LG Appliance at Home Depot - price match + price beat. LG LFNS22520S, LDF5545ST, LSE4611ST save over $650 total

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 1:23 pm
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Replyall wrote: Can confirm this also. Last week I price matched a fridge from costco.ca on homedepot.ca and got 10% off the lowest price. Did it all through the online chat.
What fridge did you get? Was delivery and haul-away included in the price, as costco.ca price includes that?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
939 upvotes
Scarborough
Lexi wrote: What fridge did you get? Was delivery and haul-away included in the price, as costco.ca price includes that?
I cannot speak exactly for the fridge and I don't know the experience from Costco. But the delivery from Home Depot was terrible. They were late (1.5 hours after the window). They said installation was included. They just connected the washer which is half the installation. For the haul I had to pay 25 dollars per appliance. Instead I got 100 dollars back for the poor service. Overall I think I am ok .
May 22, 2017
57 posts
56 upvotes
Lexi wrote: What fridge did you get? Was delivery and haul-away included in the price, as costco.ca price includes that?
Got the basic LG LTNS20220W.

HD price included delivery but not haul-away. Costco.ca price included delivery and haul away as you mentioned.

I didn't think to ask HD how much they charge for haul away or if I could get free haul away as a part of the price match. I ended up posting the old fridge (that no longer keeps food cold enough) on Kijiji for free and it was picked up within 2 hours.
May 22, 2017
57 posts
56 upvotes
iioonneell wrote: But the delivery from Home Depot was terrible. They were late (1.5 hours after the window). They said installation was included. They just connected the washer which is half the installation.
My delivery experience was mediocre. They called the night before to say they would be there sometime between 1pm and 5pm, and would call us 30 minutes before delivery. They arrived at 1:40pm without calling 30 minutes before, even though they said they would.

They unpacked and 'installed' the fridge, took all of the packaging away, and told us to wait two hours before plugging it in.

Found it slightly annoying that they only provide a 4 hour window for delivery when these things could be planned more accurately in advance (since there's no such thing as 'next day' or 'expedited' appliance delivery as far as I know). Not really sure if this is a HD issue or if this is just common practice in the appliance delivery industry though.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Replyall wrote: Got the basic LG LTNS20220W.

HD price included delivery but not haul-away. Costco.ca price included delivery and haul away as you mentioned.

I didn't think to ask HD how much they charge for haul away or if I could get free haul away as a part of the price match. I ended up posting the old fridge (that no longer keeps food cold enough) on Kijiji for free and it was picked up within 2 hours.
I tried negotiating free delivery with online agent without luck. Will try to do the same in store tomorrow.
Feb 22, 2017
429 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
LG is Lousy Garbage.

Fridge: Defective from first day of delivery. 11 months to replace. Eleven. Tech damaged our brand new kitchen floors while screwing around with it. Lists itself as quiet, but makes 65 dB (I measured) 23 hours a day (by design, the fridge runs 23 hours a day, as per LG and no guarantee about how loud the fridge will be "once installed".) Replacement fridge was broken and had to have service from the day it was delivered.

Microwave: Dead, completely unusable for 6 months total over 4 visits (3rd didn't trigger the no lemon policy because of the way the tech filled out the ticket). On the fourth visit, tech says the chassis is obviously damaged, was probably thrown around during shipping, and could never be fixed. After receiving the replacement, LG would not extend the warranty to cover the period in which I had a non-functioning appliance.s

It is very unlikely you will get someone who speaks or understands English when calling LG support. They're a very disorganized company and support can't even contact other divisions, etc.
May 22, 2017
57 posts
56 upvotes
Lexi wrote: I tried negotiating free delivery with online agent without luck. Will try to do the same in store tomorrow.
It seems that the delivery charge varies based on province.

On the item page, it says there's a $49.98 delivery charge for my postal code (Gatineau), but then when I actually add the fridge to my cart it shows Shipping/Delivery Cost of $0.01.

I just tried punching in some ON postal codes and they all have a $49.98 delivery charge in the cart, whereas I tried a few QC ones and they all had free delivery.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Replyall wrote: It seems that the delivery charge varies based on province.

On the item page, it says there's a $49.98 delivery charge for my postal code (Gatineau), but then when I actually add the fridge to my cart it shows Shipping/Delivery Cost of $0.01.

I just tried punching in some ON postal codes and they all have a $49.98 delivery charge in the cart, whereas I tried a few QC ones and they all had free delivery.
Thanks, I made a second attempt this morning and got delivery and haul-away charges waved. I guess it depends on the agent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)