Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Milwaukee 32-piece Impact Driver Bit Set @ $14.88

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2016 10:43 am
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 32-piece Impact Driver Bit Set @ $14.88

I'm using these bits with a Ryobi cordless drill and they work fantastic!

It's been in the flyer before and in-store for some time but I didn't see it posted here.

Great deal IMO as these are high quality bits great for impact drivers or drills of any brand.

WHAT'S INCLUDED
(1) SHOCKWAVE™ Magnetic Bit Holder
(1) 5/16" Magnetic Nut Driver
(1) Hex Bit 1" 1/4"
(1) Hex Bit 1" 3/16"
(1) Phillips Bit 1" P1
(4) Phillips Bit 1" P2
(1) Phillips Bit 1" P3
(2) Phillips Bit 2" P2
(1) Phillips Reduced 1" PR2 Bit
(1) Slotted 1" #10 Bit
(1) Slotted 1" #8 Bit
(1) Slotted 2" #10 Bit
(1) Square Bit 1" SQ1
(3) Square Bit 1" SQ2
(1) Square Bit 1" SQ3
(1) Square Bit 2" SQ2
(1) TORX® Bit 1" T15
(2) TORX® Bit 1" T20
(2) TORX® Bit 1" T25
(1) TORX® Bit 1" T30
(1) TORX® Bit 2" T20
(1) TORX® Bit 2" T25
(1) 1/4" Magnetic Nut Driver
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/accessori ... 48-32-4004

22 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2312 posts
907 upvotes
Montreal
If they would fill this up with Robertson Square #2 bits I'd buy it...

What are you gonna do with that many flat heads? Philips is useful for drywall screws but appart from that?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
AMD wrote: If they would fill this up with Robertson Square #2 bits I'd buy it...

What are you gonna do with that many flat heads? Philips is useful for drywall screws but appart from that?
I'm a casual user and use Philips screws for around the house things like mounting wall speakers, assembling shelves, etc. I find the inclusion of Philips bits great, but I can see pro contractors and heavy DIYers probably won't use them as often as Robertson bits.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
Yup, number 2 Robertson is all I use if possible. Such a superior design over Phillips. Sucks when you buy some kit or furniture and it's full of Phillips. Sure they work but why go with such a crappy design. They don't torque as well and much easier to strip it when you are trying to torque it.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1322 posts
906 upvotes
East of Toronto
Richfields wrote: Yup, number 2 Robertson is all I use if possible. Such a superior design over Phillips. Sucks when you buy some kit or furniture and it's full of Phillips. Sure they work but why go with such a crappy design. They don't torque as well and much easier to strip it when you are trying to torque it.
I blame the Americans. Everything there is Phillips and the rest of the world makes stuff to accommodate their crappy choice of screws. Lately I have seen some hybrid Phillips/Robertson screws in use.

Interesting story about that on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._L._Robertson
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
I wasn't going to bother since I don't really need it, but when I was there today HD agreed to an extra 20% off on this to match the Rona F&F discount (even though it's supposed to be only on regularly-priced items), so I couldn't say no. BTW they have another smaller 25-piece Milwaukee set beside it for $11.88, this one: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.25-p ... 48241.html
Oct 13, 2015
219 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Personally, I do not like the new bits with a red-bar; longer bit vibrates a lot.
Jul 19, 2003
778 posts
106 upvotes
Markham
They don't actually have the red bar on them. Well at least the one I bought don't. They're just black.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Black are the older ones (like in the smaller kit), red bar are the new ones.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7618 upvotes
ON
Richfields wrote: Yup, number 2 Robertson is all I use if possible. Such a superior design over Phillips. Sucks when you buy some kit or furniture and it's full of Phillips. Sure they work but why go with such a crappy design. They don't torque as well and much easier to strip it when you are trying to torque it.
If you think Phillips suck, try using only slots....I can't figure out for the life of me why some concrete screws such as tapcon etc. have a slot on their hex heads.
I tried it once as I didn't have the socket drive nearby was being lazy and had a slot impact bit (oxymoron) that never gets used...after two tries it angrily flew over the cuckoo's nest never to be seen again.
Nov 9, 2010
255 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
There is still a bunch (>10) left at the Pointe-Claire, Montreal location. They are in the tools area, at the far end from the cash-registers of the first from the main entrance row of shelves with tools.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: If you think Phillips suck, try using only slots....I can't figure out for the life of me why some concrete screws such as tapcon etc. have a slot on their hex heads.
I tried it once as I didn't have the socket drive nearby was being lazy and had a slot impact bit (oxymoron) that never gets used...after two tries it angrily flew over the cuckoo's nest never to be seen again.
+1

Was trying to install a tv mount for a friend and had a box of tapcons without an appropriately sized socket. Who design these things? Hard enough as it is using slot head on regular soft materials like drywall, plastic, wood, but on concrete? Wtf
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
baymoe wrote: +1

Was trying to install a tv mount for a friend and had a box of tapcons without an appropriately sized socket. Who design these things? Hard enough as it is using slot head on regular soft materials like drywall, plastic, wood, but on concrete? Wtf
That's the reason I chose Paulin concrete screws over Tapcon last time I needed them since the Paulins had #2 Robertson heads (and were a bit cheaper).
Feb 4, 2007
472 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Smashy wrote: That's the reason I chose Paulin concrete screws over Tapcon last time I needed them since the Paulins had #2 Robertson heads (and were a bit cheaper).
Paulins- are they available at Homedepot?
May 7, 2016
53 posts
10 upvotes
It's because Robertson is a Canadian design.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1411 posts
401 upvotes
samtheman wrote: Paulins- are they available at Homedepot?
For screws; I've found:

Home Depot = Mostly Philips
Rona = Mostly Robertson
Fraud / Scam / Bad Business Practices (file a complaint) (CLICK HERE FOR LINKS!)

■░▒▓█ BC Liberals = HST! We shall not forget! █▓▒░■
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7618 upvotes
ON
hotoffthepress wrote: For screws; I've found:

Home Depot = Mostly Philips
Rona = Mostly Robertson
All construction screws, with the exception of drywall and some concrete are all Robertson drive at all stores across Canada, not sure where you're seeing mostly Phillips at HD. They have an almost identical selection with the exception of brands.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
I almost got this today. Ended up getting the 47pc Dewalt set instead. A little more ($29) But it seems like more usable bits.