[Home Depot] Milwaukee impact wrench 2767-20

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2018 1:57 pm
Feb 26, 2017
94 posts
39 upvotes
WowBadSha wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 8:57 pm
Just picked up the impact wrench ... Don't know when I will ever use it. This Home Depot have 5 in-stock.

Now need an impact socket set.
This set from CanadianTire seems to have good reviews and is 70% off:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxim ... p.html#srp

I am waiting for a strong corded impact wrench. Battery gets weak over time.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5944 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
Had an interesting conversation with the tools guy at HD this afternoon. He told me that the old impact wrench with this SKU and item number has been replaced by an upgraded version with the same SKU and same model number. He said they already cleared out their "old" versions and now just have the new and improved model at the regular price of $319.

Apparently there were some problems with the original ones needing repairs under heavy usage, e.g. mixing cement.

Anyone else heard something like this? Very odd that they would re-use the SKU and model no. If this is true, there would be no way of telling if you got an old model or new one.
Feb 11, 2018
1 posts
Priced at 191 in Winnipeg, also so clearance price across Canada is my bet.
Nov 22, 2012
2 posts
I received a lot of attitude from employees or managers asking about this deal at three Home Depots...

They absolutely refuse to price match their own stores and told me this deal was completely strange "how could they even print that label? we've never had it for that low before, ever, I won't give it to you".
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1240 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:02 pm
Had an interesting conversation with the tools guy at HD this afternoon. He told me that the old impact wrench with this SKU and item number has been replaced by an upgraded version with the same SKU and same model number. He said they already cleared out their "old" versions and now just have the new and improved model at the regular price of $319.

Apparently there were some problems with the original ones needing repairs under heavy usage, e.g. mixing cement.

Anyone else heard something like this? Very odd that they would re-use the SKU and model no. If this is true, there would be no way of telling if you got an old model or new one.
Weird. They are not made for mixing cement. I don't even know how you would easily attach a mixing blade? They have a 5 year warranty regardless.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5944 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
crazdefool wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:57 pm
Weird. They are not made for mixing cement. I don't even know how you would easily attach a mixing blade? They have a 5 year warranty regardless.
The guy said there is an attachment on the market for that purpose.
Nov 24, 2008
191 posts
78 upvotes
Brampton
Picked one up today. I have a lot of the tools from the M12 line. This one seems very heavy with just the bare tool itself. Maybe I'm used to using the M12 but I can't wait to use this to switch my tires. No more need for the breaker bar or my Ryobi one+ impact wrench which keeps dying (I have the old NiCd batteries and they are garbage)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16871 posts
1984 upvotes
Langley
soyabean17 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:36 pm
Picked one up today. I have a lot of the tools from the M12 line. This one seems very heavy with just the bare tool itself. Maybe I'm used to using the M12 but I can't wait to use this to switch my tires. No more need for the breaker bar or my Ryobi one+ impact wrench which keeps dying (I have the old NiCd batteries and they are garbage)
Hopefully you've got an M18 battery and charger?
Jul 31, 2009
333 posts
67 upvotes
Ottawa
Inno wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:02 pm
The guy said there is an attachment on the market for that purpose.
It all sounds like bs, neither excuses make sense. Seems he was making up anything to get you to give up.
May 23, 2015
49 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Bansal wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:10 pm
Thanks, will have to go by Burnaby in the morning. Work nights, getting stuff ready now, likely pushing it for time to get there & back for work. Go figure, can't get anyone on the phone at either store to check pricing.

Update: Finally got through @ Langley. Showing 8 in stock, but they aren't willing to match the price.
Update 2: Same from Burnaby. Employee said he's had 3 people come in and show him the picture, but they won't match the price. Seeing as I have the last version, I doubt it's worth the hassle of trying to get a manager to match in store for me now unless I happen to have the time to swing by a store for some other reason. Damn graveyard shifts...
I was one of the guys that tried to price match at Burnaby. The employee was very nice and helpful and tried to get me the price, but the manager came and said they can't because it may be a returned item on clearance at other stores.
Nov 22, 2012
2 posts
YaoMingsMom wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:44 am
I was one of the guys that tried to price match at Burnaby. The employee was very nice and helpful and tried to get me the price, but the manager came and said they can't because it may be a returned item on clearance at other stores.
That is hilarious, I came right after you, and needless to say, everyone was slightly upset at the situation. The employee in the tools department was definitely nice, but once I got to the manager, they were very firm.
Apparently we all have the same friend.
Feb 3, 2012
103 posts
44 upvotes
WINNIPEG
lanet2436 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:33 pm
Priced at 191 in Winnipeg, also so clearance price across Canada is my bet.
Which location has it?
Jan 15, 2017
10 posts
3 upvotes
For sure not a returned item on clearance - the North London location had 5x on the clearance shelf Sunday morning...I am at the HD frequently and this item has never been on display before - never had shelf space for that item number and then all of a sudden its on blow out...

As far as the updated model - the 2863-20 is the new replacement version and the only difference is the addition of OneKey (bluetooth) - both units have the same power ratings etc.
Apr 19, 2015
63 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
Karura7 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:47 pm
I received a lot of attitude from employees or managers asking about this deal at three Home Depots...

They absolutely refuse to price match their own stores and told me this deal was completely strange "how could they even print that label? we've never had it for that low before, ever, I won't give it to you".
It's strange that the staffs at HD have no idea on what kind of promotions are going on..... somebody help them
Apr 14, 2016
9 posts
8 upvotes
My old battery drill and impact driver are getting weak, so considering I get this tool, are there any good prices currently on batteries / battery tool sets to match? If not how often do they come up, I can wait a bit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)