• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2018 2:07 pm
Mar 1, 2011
181 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary
darkesha wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 11:05 pm
I have probably spent 2 hours between 11-1pm this morning to find some store and some sort of combo thta would work. I was adding only batteries, and moment i choose an other set of batteries it would ask me to choose pick up store. Tried every store and couldn't even add batteries before even starting to add tools.
Here's a little tip!

Don't waste your time trying all permutations as you'll never figure it out. Suggest you open a spreadsheet or grab a pad and pencil and track which stores have the right items. Here are a few steps:

1. Search for 2-Pack of XC 3.0 Batteries: Write down the HD's that have them in stock.
  2. Search for 2.0 Pack of Batteries: Write down the HD's that have them in stock.

To Find Out The Stock of Other Stores: open the item and click on "Change Store". This will show the stock levels at the different HD's in your area.

The only places where this deal with work is if the HD has 1 set of the 2-Pack of XC 3.0 and 2 set of the 2.0 Pack of Batteries. For all the HD's that meet this criteria, then start to search for tools that qualify for the deal.

If the stars align and all planets are in conjunction, that is the HD has the tools that qualify and the battery packs, then place the order and it should work. When I checked Calgary after I got my order, there are no HD stores that have both sets of batteries in stock so the deal is automatically dead.

If you find this handy, upvote me! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by Hank71 on Dec 9th, 2018 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3406 posts
2129 upvotes
Toronto
I can't decide if I actually want this, did a RFD buy now think later last night and my order is waiting. Hmmmmmmm.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
[OP]
Aug 7, 2005
202 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked up my order last night from Gloucester.
Customer service was great.
Hope others were able to benefit.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7382 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
Nobody has the two pack in stock anymore. The stores that have 1 are likely errors.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10482 posts
4139 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Looks like HD took down the references to the 2-pack from their website today. None of the tools which qualified for the 2-pack deal has any mention of the 2-pack deal under Special Offers anymore.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1029 posts
169 upvotes
Hank71 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:54 pm
SWEET!

The only way I could get this deal to work in Calgary was to order 2 x HackZall (brushed) tools as tools and batteries were hit an miss at all the HD's in town. They called me up and said they only had 1 HackZall and would upgrade me to the other Fuel HackZall at no charge and if that would work for me. I said "heck yes!". When I arrived, they said they didn't have the 2-pack of the 3.0 batteries and upgraded me to 2 individual 4.0 batteries as well as the 2 individual 2.0 packs.

Sweet deal! Thanks OP!.
What store that was ? It seems they are very nice people working in there (customer satisfaction above all) so I wouldn't mind trying my luck there with my purchases in future (especially matching other ridgid tool pricing through receipts).
Btw. you got awesome deal - not only you got superb tool, but you got way better batteries as well. With that luck you should try to get some of those Rona's deals.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1205 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto
craftsman wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 1:19 pm
Looks like HD took down the references to the 2-pack from their website today. None of the tools which qualified for the 2-pack deal has any mention of the 2-pack deal under Special Offers anymore.
Can they do that? Wasn't the dual XC battery for 2 M12 promotion until next year?
Images
  • Screenshot_20181209-164642.jpg
  • Screenshot_20181209-164646.jpg
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10482 posts
4139 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yellowmp5 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 4:38 pm
Can they do that? Wasn't the dual XC battery for 2 M12 promotion until next year?
They can as they did put in their fine print that it was a limited quantity promotion. It might be that they took it down temporarily until they can get a handle on the inventory of the 2-pack.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3141 posts
340 upvotes
CALGARY
Picked up my order in hurry, brought it home just to realize that they gave me 2 vacuums, instead of 1 vacuum and 1 sawzall. On the receipt it says Sawzall...now I have to go back to get them to fix. It's now my words against theirs. I dont feel very comfortable in these situations.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.
Feb 28, 2016
552 posts
187 upvotes
I've finally found a store with stock, but I guess the loophole is now fixed :(
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45148 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
Mrbj wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 10:01 pm
Picked up my order in hurry, brought it home just to realize that they gave me 2 vacuums, instead of 1 vacuum and 1 sawzall. On the receipt it says Sawzall...now I have to go back to get them to fix. It's now my words against theirs. I dont feel very comfortable in these situations.
Ask them to check video recordings maybe lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3141 posts
340 upvotes
CALGARY
Jimboski wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 8:58 pm
Ask them to check video recordings maybe lol.
I called them, and they actually made me feel more comfortable than expected. They actually upgraded my Sawzall ($109.00) to M12 FUEL (169.00) for the inconvenience. I am very impressed by their customer service.
Images
  • 20181210_213601.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3069 posts
398 upvotes
Mrbj wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 11:31 pm
I called them, and they actually made me feel more comfortable than expected. They actually upgraded my Sawzall ($109.00) to M12 FUEL (169.00) for the inconvenience. I am very impressed by their customer service.
how's the vacuum? the bad reviews definitely made me reconsider purchasing it.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3141 posts
340 upvotes
CALGARY
azn_dan wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 10:58 am
how's the vacuum? the bad reviews definitely made me reconsider purchasing it.
Haven't tried it - with all the bad review, I am not sure if I want it or not, yet.