• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2017 6:49 pm
Jan 14, 2010
663 posts
214 upvotes
cruisn76 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:15 pm
Seriously.... that is a dic k move. Hopefully he picked up a defective set lol
Aren't they suppose to check an ID matching the name. May be it is the customer services guy who took that last one for himself.
Mar 12, 2017
1 posts
In Edmonton, only the Clareview Home Depot had it at $360 and is now sold out. It is in stock at ~4 other Home Depots but YMMV as every other store has it priced at $480. Store manager at 1st Home Depot did not match price. Manager at 2nd Home Depot did match Clareview price after calling an confirming with Clareview. Thanks RFD!
Feb 20, 2008
156 posts
72 upvotes
ivantom wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 8:59 pm
Thanks to the arsehole to said his name was Ivan and took the one I had on hold Pouting Face
The HD guy probably lied to you. How would anybody know what name to mention?

I know from experience never to check stock without going to store. Did it once years ago during the Maxselect clear out. Heard the HD associate exclaim it was a good deal. All of a sudden there was none left. Granted, this wasn't my home store but one on an area I was travelling on.

My advice is to get to know your local HD pro desk and tool dept guys and they'll look out for you.

Guy I know locally came up to me in the store last week mentioning the current Milwaukee deal.

Regardless, it sucks to hear your story, but it sounds like the store screwed you, and not your mysterious "Ivan" clone....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
5733 posts
554 upvotes
all I want is the bag, if anyone want to sell one to me lmk.
Sep 26, 2007
315 posts
30 upvotes
ivantom wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 8:59 pm
Thanks to the arsehole to said his name was Ivan and took the one I had on hold Pouting Face
I've seen this happen to me numerous times. I go ask for the item and the associate will be like "oh are you Carl who just called xxminutes ago and placed one on hold". I could easily say yes and be on my way. Even when I put items on hold I go to customer service and say that box over there is mine that I put on hold and they ring it through without even verifying my ID.
Dec 20, 2006
550 posts
34 upvotes
kukkudo wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 9:05 pm
I've seen this happen to me numerous times. I go ask for the item and the associate will be like "oh are you Carl who just called xxminutes ago and placed one on hold". I could easily say yes and be on my way. Even when I put items on hold I go to customer service and say that box over there is mine that I put on hold and they ring it through without even verifying my ID.
I had the same experience at the location i went to today - I asked about the item and they asked me if i was funny enough Ivan, There were two others reserved with names that would not fit my "appearance" so he didn't ask me about those ones. Luckily there was still one on the floor with a torn/damaged box. Ivan, if you are in the lower mainland your reservation is still safe as far as i know.
Nov 27, 2012
20 posts
4 upvotes
silva95teg wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 4:05 pm
I had the same experience at the location i went to today - I asked about the item and they asked me if i was funny enough Ivan, There were two others reserved with names that would not fit my "appearance" so he didn't ask me about those ones. Luckily there was still one on the floor with a torn/damaged box. Ivan, if you are in the lower mainland your reservation is still safe as far as i know.

That's really odd because when I called the store (Caledonia) she had said didn't you just come and pick this up a few hours ago? I said no, she said well an "Ivan" already purchased it and we have no stock left. I ended up getting stockyards to match the $360 price after explaining my situation, so it all worked out in the end. Thanks Silva!
Jul 3, 2013
73 posts
14 upvotes
The Edmonton stores still have them priced at $480. I have no idea how different stores have different pricing...
Nov 27, 2012
20 posts
4 upvotes
silva95teg wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 4:05 pm

That's really odd because when I called the store (Caledonia) she had said didn't you just come and pick this up a few hours ago? I said no, she said well an "Ivan" already purchased it and we have no stock left. I ended up getting stockyards to match the $360 price after explaining my situation, so it all worked out in the end. Thanks Silva!
Dec 20, 2006
550 posts
34 upvotes
ivantom wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 9:49 pm
Well I am in BC, and the store was in Surrey but funny there was more than one Ivan reservation. The open box one I picked up someone switched out the batteries for the 2.0 version though... the manager at the store seems great though and they are going to work to resolve since there is no stock left. One of reasons I love HD.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel