Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Red Alert Event

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 9:19 pm
Oct 20, 2004
703 posts
49 upvotes
Got excited when I saw Red Alert.. why does it have to be tools?

It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9252 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Exas wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:46 pm
Wonder if they have heated jackets in stock yet
saw jackets at vaughan location (city blvd)
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Apr 8, 2007
585 posts
85 upvotes
Back to 1998....
Man those golden days....
Living in this big world, I have a little dream.
Oct 29, 2016
248 posts
117 upvotes
EveryLurker wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:20 pm
Got excited when I saw Red Alert.. why does it have to be tools?

Thanks for this
Jun 12, 2015
139 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
So how does it work for the event at home depot?
You grab all your items to the required purchase minimum, cash out and then line up again with Milwaukee to pick up your battery?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1437 posts
678 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:51 am
Don't buy Milwaukee.......once you get your first one, you're hooked for life :( Milwaukee has cost me so much money. My latest addition was the M18 Fuel String Trimmer.
This is the only reason why I still only own corded tools. I so want the string trimmer with quik-lok, but owning cordless is going to open the biggest can of worms.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3334 posts
1339 upvotes
'Shwallywood
grumble wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:12 am
Not in my opinion. Milwaukee is actually made by the same company as Ryobi, and is their 'professional grade' series. If you're going to be using the tools lightly, get Ryobi - they'll be plenty for homeowner needs. If you're a serious DIY person who's planning on using these tools for dozens of hours each, then buy Milwaukee. I have a Ryobi set and it's been great for my homeowner needs (drilling holes and putting screws in wood and drywall, cutting doors, cutting down small trees and shrubs, trimming hedges, etc).
Add Ridgid orange to the TTi lineup. The Ridgid red are made by either emerson or another outsourced company fwiw
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
IntrepidRT wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:51 am
Don't buy Milwaukee.......once you get your first one, you're hooked for life :( Milwaukee has cost me so much money. My latest addition was the M18 Fuel String Trimmer.
Love my string trimmer!
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
ODoyleRulz wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:33 am
I started with a M18 Fuel Milwaukee drill set and now have so many of their m12 and m18 tools and I’m just a homeowner. I often wait for sales at Home Depot. The tools are high quality, specifically the Fuel line. I do like some Ryobi products that aren’t available with Milwaukee but I based my initial decision on the quality of the drill set. If I could refund all my tools and start over I’d still pick Milwaukee.
I agree with this. When I bought my house 18 years ago I started with Craftsman, then went to Rigid when the Craftsman died. Then when the Rigid died I switched to Milwaukee 2 years ago and am growing my M12 and M18 collection exclusively now. Much better quality and if you buy when sales are on the price is very respectable. The interchangeable batteries and such large selection of products essentially means you can find anything you need. And with the Fuel and standard lines you can buy what fits you needs and budget.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4911 posts
2804 upvotes
Kitchener
Started out with M18.........but the M12 tools are more than powerful enough for most jobs and much easier to handle.
Feb 26, 2008
517 posts
389 upvotes
Surrey
eljay0 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:02 am
I'm just a DIY hobbyist mainly dealing with cars. That 3/8" stubby has got my attention for bolts around the car. I am tempted to replace my cheap electric corded tools (impact wrench, driver, drill, rotary, saw) with the M12 line.
Princess Auto sells refurbished Makita tools that may be worth a look, but it sounds like the Fuel line is very nice piece of kit.
Speaking from experience, go with Milwaukee if you wrench on your own vehicles. You will find they have a lot more tools available for auto...like the ratchet. I am on the Dewalt system and don't plan on switching anytime soon as I am too heavily invested in the ecosystem. It works for me for stuff around the house but for working on my vehicles, I have the big and small impact wrenches. Now if they would just make a ratchet and other smaller tools to get into tight spaces, that would be ideal! But I think they make those tools for MAC tools.

I still have some of my corded tools. I had a ryobi drill and flashlight combo from over 10 years ago. Nothing wrong with the brand. The batteries were dying off after many years of use and even though I could grab the new batteries, I wanted something more durable for woodworking. I sold the kit to someone as one of the batteries was still good.

So yeah if I were in your shoes (based off what you posted), I would go with the M12 line. If someone were to offer me a straight up trade to go from my dewalt to Milwaukee right now (same tools), I'd do it in a heart beat.
Apr 10, 2019
53 posts
52 upvotes
moussa747 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:53 am
“Real pros” use Hilti.
“Real pros” use Festool. Both times i needed service they picked it up and delivered a brand new one next day instead of fixing it. No service center runaround.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9252 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
dewalt ??

here is a pro

"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2448 posts
2682 upvotes
Fredericton
moussa747 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:53 am
“Real pros” use Hilti.
Real pros use what gets the job done inside their budget. There are quite a few options that will meet many different needs.