• May 8th, 2019 8:42 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4020 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Nest Hello + Free Google Mini $259

Nest Hello + Free Google Mini for $259 at Home Depot.
PROMOTIONS APPLY
Add any one (1) Google Mini (1001094011, 1001088583) to your cart and receive it for free when you purchase a Nest Hello Video Doorbell (1001073135). While quantities last. Limited time only. Both items must be added to cart to qualify for this offer.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/nest-h ... =643038941

Best Buy has the Hello alone for $259.99.
354 replies
Jan 27, 2009
138 posts
110 upvotes
Ottawa
I can't get it to work either.
Darryl
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10634 posts
2856 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Seems like they'll be giving these things away in cereal boxes next.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Feb 3, 2019
46 posts
37 upvotes
They're really pushing that mini in people's homes.
Jul 29, 2016
109 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Murkdx wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:50 am
They're really pushing that mini in people's homes.
And I don't see Amazon keeping up their Echo / Alexa with Mini, looks like Amazon loosing this market?
Jul 29, 2016
109 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Up Voted, but average how many family indeed has that many visitors that need this cool little camera working as a high tech "ding dong"?
Oct 5, 2011
97 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Added both in cart (tried Doorbell first then GHM, and GHM first then Doorbell, none of the approach works), still shows full price....How does it work?
Jul 27, 2018
15 posts
lmx116 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:56 am
Up Voted, but average how many family indeed has that many visitors that need this cool little camera working as a high tech "ding dong"?
Our home doesn’t have a doorbell and hence no existing wiring. I was looking at Nest Hello as we have the thermostat, but it seems like a royal pain in the ass to install if you don’t have the needed wiring, you even need a damn chime box. Then I remembered that hardly anyone ever comes to our door unless we are expecting them, so what’s the point? I might set up a couple outdoor camera’s but most of the outdoor cameras are ugly as hell and the Nest requires drilling a 7/8” hole to get the damn plug through. Stupid design.
Jul 27, 2018
15 posts
lmx116 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:56 am
Our home doesn’t have a doorbell and hence no existing wiring. I was looking at Nest Hello as we have the thermostat, but it seems like a royal pain in the ass to install if you don’t have the needed wiring, you even need a damn chime box. Then I remembered that hardly anyone ever comes to our door unless we are expecting them, so what’s the point? I might set up a couple outdoor camera’s but most of the outdoor cameras are ugly as hell and the Nest requires drilling a 7/8” hole to get the damn plug through. Stupid design.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4020 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm interesting, I'm also unable to get the discount to work properly. Perhaps try in-store, receive the same error, then SCOP for additional discount? :D

I purchased one during October Hello-ween promo and really like it. The selling points for me are s the home monitoring for knowing when packages are delivered, catching dog owners not cleaning up stuff from your lawn, and being able to silence the ding-dong during nap time.
Jul 29, 2016
109 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
zoob wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:12 am
Hmm interesting, I'm also unable to get the discount to work properly. Perhaps try in-store, receive the same error, then SCOP for additional discount? :D

I purchased one during October Hello-ween promo and really like it. The selling points for me are s the home monitoring for knowing when packages are delivered, catching dog owners not cleaning up stuff from your lawn, and being able to silence the ding-dong during nap time.
I think I understand your point, it's all about convenience, control, and awareness of the surrounding. I have the "free" NEST Thermostat, there is always somebody home so I did not think it would make a difference for it being "SMART", but turned out it's the convenience that was unexpected.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3577 posts
736 upvotes
I've had the Nest doorbell since February and love it. We don't get many people to our door either but it's nice to know when our packages arrive. Also, I can see when my kids leave and get back from school. I can tell them to put on mittens or whatever else.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4020 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:24 am
Also, I can see when my kids leave and get back from school. I can tell them to put on mittens or whatever else.
Haha have you ever shouted that through the Nest speaker as they're leaving the house? The surprise from the first time would make for an amusing video clip.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3577 posts
736 upvotes
Yeah, the first time they looked so confused since they are really young. Now, they just walk up to the Nest. The speaker must be pretty good since they could hear me at the end of the drive way. It's pretty fun to watch them play around the drive way.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018